Proposal: TOR-PHI 6 Player Deal Giroux and Nylander the main pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Toronto passes. No interest in mortgaging the future for spinning our wheels now.

They don't have the supporting cast to compete. Continue to draft and develop, stay the course.

Yes because giroux is some 38 yr old....

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
As a Devils fan, I do this as a Flyers fan.

Thank god you are not a flyers fan. That is beyond brutal for them. Maybe you are just feeling generous because how lopsided the Hall deal was. You must feel obligated to give a little back.

Last edited by a moderator:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Left handed shot Defensemen Andrew Nielsen I assume.
Will be playing defense in his 1st pro season with the Marlies. Drafted 65th overall in the 3rd round in 2015.

Ah, thank you.

Not exactly a valuable chip for Philadelphia considering them having Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim and Morin all left-handed and under 24.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers are not trading Giroux. Their would be one hell of a hole at the #1 centre spot if Giroux wasn't in Philadelphia's line up.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Yes because giroux is some 38 yr old....

That's not what he is saying I believe. The Leafs are probably 3 years away from competing. At that point Giroux would be 31. Well outside the age range you want for your 1st line center when you are just starting to win as a club.

Either way it doesn't matter as the value obviously benefits Toronto but this trade does nothing to help the Leafs win a cup and most likely keeps us from getting more high draft picks which we need.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
TOR decides that their winning window is sooner. PHI sees their winning window as later.

To TOR
Giroux
Del Zotto
Mason

To PHI
Nylander
Kadri
Nielsen

PHI gains a talented playmaker (Nylander) for many years, center depth for many years, and a future Right handed D.

Toronto gets their top C while Matthews develops at 2C. Del Zotto plays with Rielly on the top line. TOR gets their back-up goalie.

I cant get the value really.... Mason is worth more then Nielsen
Mr G is more valued then Kadri+Nylander, so is Del Zotto a massive capdump I did not know of? :o

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
What am I missing here... he's from the CHL, so how can he be eligible for the AHL yet?

My mistake he's only 19 so he'll end up back in Lethbridge WHL

Proposal is awful so I won't comment much on it.
Value strongly favors Toronto, but neither team does it IMO. Leafs are happy to stay the course and do things the right way finally.

He's an older 19 year old so he will be in the AHL for sure. Believe it's been confirmed by management

Last edited:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Yeah, if Toronto decided they had to have Giroux, then Philadelphia would be adamant about the deal involving Matthews. Accepting anything less than a prospective generational superstar would get management crucified, even taking into account what Toronto's prospect pool looks like.
Matthews is not a generational superstar and thats why Toronto would be adding to him for Giroux

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
Aren't Nylander and Kadri slotted down the middle for the next 5+ years?

Babcock rarely favors backups - he'll ride his #1 into the ground; having said that, Toronto's need for a backup will likely be proportional to his expected use; which is to say, not a whole lot.

MDZ playing on the top line is a bold move; Definitely not the correct one, but a bold one.....

Going to first state that the deal makes no sense at all for Philly.

That being said, MDZ would be on the top pairing simply because we don't have anyone else better.

Hunwick may play a safer game, but is quite limited on the right side of the puck.

That being said MDZ isn't the right fit, Mason doesn't make any sense for us and for Philly to move him. And Giroux is in his prime, which no one else in the core is, save maybe JVR and Kadri (one of which is being dealt).

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Proposal is awful so I won't comment much on it.
Value strongly favors Philly, but neither team does it IMO. Leafs are happy to stay the course and do things the right way finally.

He's an older 19 year old so he will be in the AHL for sure. Believe it's been confirmed by management

Say what? Value favors philly?!?! How? Philly gives up a top 5 center in NHL, a top-4 dman and a starter goalie, and gets back what? Not sure if even that package gets philly listening for G alone..

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
He outscored them all last year.

Provorov scored 73 points last year in 62 games.
Sanheim scored 68 points last year in 52 games.

Nielsen scored 70 points last year in 71 games.

Nielsen did not outscore Provorov and he scored 2 more points than Sanheim in 18 less games.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Say what? Value favors philly?!?! How? Philly gives up a top 5 center in NHL, a top-4 dman and a starter goalie, and gets back what? Not sure if even that package gets philly listening for G alone..

Lol I said it backwards somehow...I'll change it. Value strongly favors Toronto.

Mr Hockey*

At this point in time, its not a good deal for the Leafs ... pass

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
TOR decides that their winning window is sooner. PHI sees their winning window as later.

To TOR
Giroux
Del Zotto
Mason

To PHI
Nylander
Kadri
Nielsen

PHI gains a talented playmaker (Nylander) for many years, center depth for many years, and a future Right handed D.

Toronto gets their top C while Matthews develops at 2C. Del Zotto plays with Rielly on the top line. TOR gets their back-up goalie.

Based on what? Crystal balls, Tarot cards ?
Has to be something like that because the assessment of where the team currently sits is yet to begin.

Mad Brills*

why are the leafs giving up their future 2/3C for a 1C that they hopefully already have.

For a guy of seguin's age this might make sense, but not giroux's age.

Group Chat Legend*

Thank god you are not a flyers fan. That is beyond brutal for them. Maybe you are just feeling generous because how lopsided the Hall deal was. You must feel obligated to give a little back.

That went right over your head. As a Devils fan, he says Philly should do it because it makes them unbelievably worse.

ForSpareParts*

He's just hanging there :laugh:

Anyway, a ****ing horrible proposal. I wonder if people have actually forgotten that proven commodities are, you know, a hell of a lot more valuable than prospects. Especially if they happen to be one of the top forwards of the league.

Tomorrow everyone will covet Nylander. Tomorrow nobody will covet Giroux (considered a liability). PHI will have 2 talented centers and a promising right handed D. This is hardly a terrible proposal. Toronto risk a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad