Proposal: TOR-NSH

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
That's simple unheard of, oh, wait.

Marner is a great player. He's the perfect set-up guy for Matthews, but this wasn't 1 for 1, and their salaries aren't 1 for 1. We would also have to give up a way better defenseman and a 1st rounder, while paying $4.9M a season, that's a lot.
I didn't say the package was light. I was just pointing out that Marner would make a huge impact on Nashville. He is a line driver, plays every situation and is a 200 foot player. He would definitely put up pretty elite results in Nashville

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Marner would be what? The best offensive player in Nashville's history? Whether or not he's overpaid...Forsberg is a UFA and once he signs his new deal, combined with Ekholm's cap hit, they will be making more then Marner. The first is the iffy part, but it's not like Nashville is bottom of the league.
honestly, do you think he puts up those numbers with Nashville's wingers?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Leafs are 8th in expected goals against (all situations) in the league right now. You think this is a priority?
I don't think any Nashville fan in this thread has said anything whatsoever about what Toronto's priorities should be. A Toronto fan proposed this trade, right? All we Nashville fans are saying is that it doesn't interest us or address our needs. If Leafs fans also don't like it, great, let's all agree to let the thread die? :dunno:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think any Nashville fan in this thread has said anything whatsoever about what Toronto's priorities should be. A Toronto fan proposed this trade, right? All we Nashville fans are saying is that it doesn't interest us or address our needs. If Leafs fans also don't like it, great, let's all agree to let the thread die? :dunno:
I don't think a Toronto fan proposed the trade. I do recall seeing that poster on the Toronto board. I think it is one of the posters who just make trade proposals. I do agree to let the thread die though.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I agree. trades aren't supposed to be painful.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
lol, another typical one-sided leafs proposal :laugh: (assuming you're assuming Forsberg is extended prior to the deal)

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
A 1st line two-way winger, top 4D and a 1st while getting out of that contact of Marner and Leaf fans will be coming out to say not close. Love HF.

*yawn* heard the same kind of shit with Kessel. Then he left and won 2 cups and should have won a Conn Smyth. We hate Marner's negotation tactics but the players is a clear top player in the league and would be the best player in your entire Franchise's history.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
A 1st line two-way winger, top 4D and a 1st while getting out of that contact of Marner and Leaf fans will be coming out to say not close. Love HF.

The Leafs are tied for 1st place in the league with “that contract”. Yup, must be time to start trading young core pieces! Those Nashville assets are great but we aren’t downgrading Marner for a UFA to be.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
The real question is, what would the cost be to get Forsberg for this year alone as a rental?

I think Forsberg is the type of player Toronto needs to target, a legitimate top six player and not the bottom tier players they have targetted before at the TDL.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The real question is, what would the cost be to get Forsberg for this year alone as a rental?

I think Forsberg is the type of player Toronto needs to target, a legitimate top six player and not the bottom tier players they have targetted before at the TDL.

A separate deal for Forsberg would be the route to go for sure but Nashville shouldn’t be trading him unless they are out of the playoff race near the deadline.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

A team's best prospect and a 1st was the price before we were in a playoff spot. I doubt we move him for that now, we'll probably risk him becoming a UFA.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
To compensate Nashville's giving Toronto Ekholm and a 1st though, that's a lot, not to mention if Forsberg does sign it'll be for a fraction of what Marner makes.
Right but teams don't trade star forwards like Marner for maybes and if they do it's to balance cap. What Forsberg signs for is irrelevant, you are trading for the value of a rental.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
*yawn* heard the same kind of shit with Kessel. Then he left and won 2 cups and should have won a Conn Smyth. We hate Marner's negotation tactics but the players is a clear top player in the league and would be the best player in your entire Franchise's history.
I'd take Paul Kariya over him every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: Dadof5boys

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Stop. He's a legitimate 90+ point player. Stop acting like he's a cap dump, he's about 1M overpaid, it's not going to kill you. That proposal is probably an overpayment from Nashville, but these kinds of posts need to stop. "getting out of that contract" lol.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Ekholm wants to be in NSH and just resigned a decent deal. Poile won't just resign the pending UFA who doesn't want to leave and then trade him away. Forsberg, if not resigned, will fetch a decent TDL haul to go with our 1st that won't be traded. Marner, while obviously very good, keeps NSH as a wildcard team at the very best, and a huge hole on D. Probably better to just continue with the rebuilding/retooling on the fly and replace Forsberg in the offseason, if needed.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To Toronto: Filip Forsberg, Mattias Ekholm, 1st round pick

To Nashville: Mitch Marner, Justin Holl
LOL... gotta stop with the marner proposals... very few packages would be offered of any significance that would interest the leafs enough to move marner. This isn't one

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Marner a better play maker, I'll give you that, Forsberg better at goal scoring, by a lot. Forsberg needs to stay healthy too.
McDavid is a better play maker, I'll give you that, Matthews is a better at goal scoring, by a lot. Matthews needs to stay healthy too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad