Proposal: Tor- Mon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
LOL. They're not 22 or 23 years old KIDS anymore. But you go ahead & cling to whatever you need to cling to. :)
I don't care about Mathews & Marner. They are not playing for my teams. But you can cling on whatever faith you have on these players.:laugh:

VanP

Feb 21, 2022
You make that 1st conditional on the Leafs making it to the finals, then maybe there's something there. Other than that pass. The trade is crappy.
LOL...the Leafs will not pass the 1 st round ....

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I don't hate Chiarot, probably would fit well in Toronto....but if we are trading our 1st(+) for a Dman, he's not top 3 on my shopping list.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
But you are not a contender what’s your point?
And yet, with all of the issues everyone loves to point out (defense/goaltending/soft), there they sit....2 points back of Tampa and 5th overall in the league....

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I don't hate Chiarot, probably would fit well in Toronto....but if we are trading our 1st(+) for a Dman, he's not top 3 on my shopping list.
This is reasonable. 1st or not depends on the value an GM put on a player. Your value may/may not match with an GM value.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
This is reasonable. 1st or not depends on the value an GM put on a player. Your value may/may not match with an GM value.
In this case (Dubas), he's stated he's looking for a player with term if the 1st is involved....now that could change.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Doubtful, and almost certainly not in the form of a single-asset.

He's likely the 5th or 6th most desirable defenceman likely to be available at the deadline (Lindholm, Manson, Giordano, Chychrun, Klingberg).

Plus, you look at some other less exciting names likely to be available (Justin Braun, Colin Miller, Nick Leddy, PK Subban, Nick Leddy, Calvin De Haan, Rasmus Ristolainen); and there really is no reason to give up premium assets for a defenceman.

edit: Add Mayfield & Staal to list as well.

The difference is that none of these defenceman were able to play as the number 1 defenceman and bring their team to the SC final.

Chiarot was a big part along with Weber and Price as the main reason why MTL made the Stanley Cup finals last year. He shut down Matthews/Marner, Wheeler/Connor and Stone/ Pacioretty. He was a beast and along with Weber they made Carey Price work way easier.

GM's saw that and knows how dominant he can be.

Can't wait to see the return for Chiarot.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
The difference is that none of these defenceman were able to play as the number 1 defenceman and bring their team to the SC final.

Chiarot was a big part along with Weber and Price as the main reason why MTL made the Stanley Cup finals last year. He shut down Matthews/Marner, Wheeler/Connor and Stone/ Pacioretty. He was a beast and along with Weber they made Carey Price work way easier.

GM's saw that and knows how dominant he can be.

Can't wait to see the return for Chiarot.

Are the Habs trading a Chiarot/Weber combo?? Does an acquiring team sit back and collapse as much as the Habs did?

GMs have to look at how a player is likely to fit into the way they play the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad