Proposal: Tor- Mon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

Nice troll bro I almost bit on that
I mean do you really think this is an effective defensive hockey player? Well it is... for the other team...
9LgUqjB.png

Reactions: UnSandvich

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
honestly I would not budge on the 1st being involved..if there is no 1st rnd pick available for chariot I would try to re-sign him to a fair contract..seems to be appreciated in the locker room, good player and last year's run showed that you need big physical defensemen in the playoff

Reactions: jfhabs and sansabri

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
He can skate and carry the puck at an AHL level maybe but certainly not the NHL. Gio can also actually play defense, Chiarot really can't.

But you are right he can occasionally hit really hard and take a lot of cross-checking penalties
I think Giordano is a better player now, he has better shot and hockey sense, but Chiarot is a good skater (I see that quite often and it's probably the best indicator for people who haven't seen him play) and defender.
At his age, it wouldn't be crazy to believe Chiarot can contribute more in a playoffs run after a rough 82 games condensed season then a 38 years old Giordano.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I mean do you really think this is an effective defensive hockey player? Well it is... for the other team...
9LgUqjB.png
We kept hearing Weber was a bad defender/contributor from the Graph crowd last season until they actually tune in to a hockey game come playoff time.... You say he's a bad skater too... Did you really see him play or you simply have very bad eyes?

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
I think Giordano is a better player now, he has better shot and hockey sense, but Chiarot is a good skater (I see that quite often and it's probably the best indicator for people who haven't seen him play) and defender.
At his age, it wouldn't be crazy to believe Chiarot can contribute more in a playoffs run after a rough 82 games condensed season then a 38 years old Giordano.
It will come down to cap space , leafs don’t have much and they are not moving a forward.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
he did manhandled Matthews and Marner in the playoffs last year though...

That's the problem with them. How can 2 11M franchise players get manhandled by a Chiarot? They have to grow up. Last 2 series Leafs weren't lacking a Chiarot. They were lacking killer instinct and some balls. Chiarot adds a little bit in the balls dept, sure, but he can't score goals for them when it matters the most. That was the problem.

Reactions: banks

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Based on? All the reports literally say "no timeline on his return." For his own sake they are way better off keeping him out for a while
He just started skating, so that looks like he will be back before the end of season . Unless he has a set back , but leafs need to know before they add players

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
That's the problem with them. How can 2 11M franchise players get manhandled by a Chiarot? They have to grow up. Last 2 series Leafs weren't lacking a Chiarot. They were lacking killer instinct and some balls.
They only had one line that can score , they played that line tough and PP sucked

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Respectfully disagree. He doesn’t move the needle much at all. Only if Matthews and Marner play at the level they are now, Leafs have a great shot. Chiarot or no Chiarot doesn’t matter.
But we all know Matthews and Marner will disappear in the PO's as they have done for the last 5 years.

Simply put, when the game tightens up and the whistles go away, the Leafs are really not hard to play against.

No goalie, iffy defense and soft as butter forwards does not equal success in games that count, and if you think playoff made players such as Chiarot don't move the needle... wait a minute is that you Dubas?

Reactions: CAUFIELD

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
That's the problem with them. How can 2 11M franchise players get manhandled by a Chiarot? They have to grow up. Last 2 series Leafs weren't lacking a Chiarot. They were lacking killer instinct and some balls. Chiarot adds a little bit in the balls dept, sure, but he can't score goals for them when it matters the most. That was the problem.
The reason for Chiarot is to stop the other team from scoring, not to score goals when it counts??? Why do you guys even have Matthews, Marner, JT and Nylander on the team ffs?

You have those 4 forwards and you want a defender that scores when it matters?

Reactions: Brad C

Ledge And Dairy

He just started skating, so that looks like he will be back before the end of season . Unless he has a set back , but leafs need to know before they add players
So you are making a speculation and calling it certainty? Concussions are very serious, especially back to back. Just because he is skating again does not mean he is close to healthy. Nobody is questioning whether his legs work. For his own safety they should sit him until he is fully cleared which could take a while.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
How many first round picks do you think there are to go around??

Hint: 5 are already in posession of bad teams. Look at years past to see how many 1sts end up in different hands by the deadline.

We'll probably see another 2-3 firsts move before the deadline (at most)... is Chiarot one of the top 2-3 desired players on the market?

I agree about the number of 1st... but if Chiarot dont get a 1st, he will get the value of a 1st (prospect)

Ledge And Dairy

Imagine that Chiarot have 3.5M$ cap... if you want Gio or Lindholm you need more cap space...

But yes i would take those two before Chiarot... if i can work the numbers
Muzzin is probably not playing until at least playoffs, maybe not even. Concussion timetables are very unpredictable. Just because he is skating doesn't mean his head is ok. That's ~5M cap space right there from LTIR, same thing as Anders Lee last year

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Muzzin is probably not playing until at least playoffs, maybe not even. Concussion timetables are very unpredictable. Just because he is skating doesn't mean his head is ok. That's ~5M cap space right there from LTIR, same thing as Anders Lee last year

Its more complicated then that...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
We kept hearing Weber was a bad defender/contributor from the Graph crowd last season until they actually tune in to a hockey game come playoff time.... You say he's a bad skater too... Did you really see him play or you simply have very bad eyes?

We also kept hearing how Weber was washed up trash the entire time he was here, yet the moment he was on LTIR we were told he actually was amazing and carried Chiarot through the entire playoffs. Trolls gonna troll.

Reactions: jfhabs

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
You need a doctor to sign off saying he’s out the rest of season . Leafs can’t take a chance signing a player using the LTIR. They have 2 weeks to see what to do . The NHL will investigate if he stays out the rest of season .

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He can skate and carry the puck at an AHL level maybe but certainly not the NHL. Gio can also actually play defense, Chiarot really can't.

But you are right he can occasionally hit really hard and take a lot of cross-checking penalties

sxv-wtf.gif

Well, that's a direct way to tell everyone that you don't know what you talk about

Giordano is still good, maybe even better, but Chiarot brings more important tools for the playoffs on the table. Toronto knows. And he's cheaper against the cap, by a lot, too. He's a good/not great brutish top 3/4 dman, and every team need those

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad