Proposal: Tor- Mon

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
According to Pierre Lebrun there is around 8 teams interested in Chiarot so he will surely fetch a 1st +. I'd do the deal but I don't want Dermott, a first and a 3rd is fine.

Interested in chiarot dont say thise 8 team are not interested in lindholm, manson, klindberg, giordano, chychrun, braun, miller, subban, de haan, ristolainen ...or giroux, hertl, forsberg, rakell, copp....

There are a difference between interested and be ready to pay a high price...

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Chiarot is only worth a 1st because of the media.
this offer is beyond terrible

Chiarot worth a 1st because of: 1- little contract 2- he can play playoff games very well 3- teams in playoff are interested in him.

So teams will overpay for him, like other players like him.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Mon - Chiarot 50%retained
Tor- 1st 2022, 3rd 2023. , Demott

leafs d
Rielly- Brodie
Muzzin- Chiarot
Sandin- Lyubusjoin/Holl
Liljegren

I'd hate to help the Laffs in any capacity but this is an offer that I wouldn't be able to refuse

Holl or Dermott, send the one you prefer, it doesn't matter for us, it's all about the picks

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Chiarot worth a 1st because of: 1- little contract 2- he can play playoff games very well 3- teams in playoff are interested in him.

ive seen plenty of time where a player was due to get a 1st but end up getting couple 2nds and a prospect instead.
this is suppose to be a deep draft year right?
wouldnt be surprised if teams hold onto those 1sts

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I'd hate to help the Laffs in any capacity but this is an offer that I wouldn't be able to refuse

Holl or Dermott, send the one you prefer, it doesn't matter for us, it's all about the picks
The Leafs, or any team for that matter, aren’t offering a package like that for Chiarot….just my opinion.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009

How many first round picks do you think there are to go around??

Hint: 5 are already in posession of bad teams. Look at years past to see how many 1sts end up in different hands by the deadline.

We'll probably see another 2-3 firsts move before the deadline (at most)... is Chiarot one of the top 2-3 desired players on the market?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
The Leafs, or any team for that matter, aren’t offering a package like that for Chiarot….just my opinion.

Maybe you're right.
Maybe the Habs will be underwhelmed by the offered returns and will just sign him back; he could return some nice picks but the Habs aren't actively trying to trade him up, he's not a "Barrie" or a "Holl", he's actually good. My boi Suzuki also wants him back.
So if there's no 1st round pick at the very least in the offer, I'd reject it straight up, without even looking at the rest. I wouldn't even care.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Whatever Leafs wants Chiarot or not...

I think you dont like Chiarot and it ok... but he is a good Def to have. Leafs dont have to trade for him and Habs dont have to trade him to Leafs.. will see if your GM thinks like you
I don't think it is as much about whether Chiarot is good to have. Its whether or not it makes sense to trade a 1st round pick + for Chiarot.

Ledge And Dairy

Chiarot is able to do the same AND he can crush you in a corner and will happily crosscheck you all night long, two things that's nice in the playoffs
He can skate and carry the puck at an AHL level maybe but certainly not the NHL. Gio can also actually play defense, Chiarot really can't.

But you are right he can occasionally hit really hard and take a lot of cross-checking penalties

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Maybe you're right.
Maybe the Habs will be underwhelmed by the offered returns and will just sign him back; he could return some nice picks but the Habs aren't actively trying to trade him up, he's not a "Barrie" or a "Holl", he's actually good. My boi Suzuki also wants him back.
So if there's no 1st round pick at the very least in the offer, I'd reject it straight up, without even looking at the rest. I wouldn't even care.
That’s a fair statement as well.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
He can skate and carry the puck at an AHL level maybe but certainly not the NHL. Gio can also actually play defense, Chiarot really can't.

But you are right he can occasionally hit really hard and take a lot of cross-checking penalties

Nice troll bro I almost bit on that

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Seems like an overpay, to me, as a Habs fan. I expect a 1st in terms of value, but it could well be a #2 and a prospect instead, or 2 2nd rounders.

I'd try and get the 2022 and 2023 2nd rounders, though. With any luck things fall apart and that 2023 #2 is a top 40 pick.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mon - Chiarot 50%retained
Tor- 1st 2022, 3rd 2023. , Demott

leafs d
Rielly- Brodie
Muzzin- Chiarot
Sandin- Lyubusjoin/Holl
Liljegren

You make that 1st conditional on the Leafs making it to the finals, then maybe there's something there. Other than that pass. The trade is crappy.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kyle Dubas will be fired If you fail (AGAIN in 1st rd) nobody with a brain will give him a break.
It’s a massive overpay. Chiarot has similar analytics to Jack Johnson. He’s not good.

TSN has their trade bait list and 6 of the first 9 are D men. Several more before number 15. Teams that want defense have many options. That will keep prices down.

should go get a Manson or Giordano instead. Or just get the one that has the GM most willing to trade their D guy rental for fair value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad