Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Auston Matthews to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
It might be that there is some readily available model for #1 picks and they just copied that.

Probably not, though.

Just found it odd, I'm guessing it was not those details holding up the signing and the photographer the Leafs use to take the happy signing picture may have been booked until today?

I am just having a little fun, I actually assume it was just a timing thing, the Leafs being busy doing stuff, him being busy doing stuff, the agent being busy doing stuff.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Kinda sad the trolls are allowed to run free but as soon as it's signed and when Lou says it took 10 minutes and he's changed the threads get locked and everyone scurries away.

Yes I am aware I was one of the people scarred. But I owned up to me being wrong.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kinda sad the trolls are allowed to run free but as soon as it's signed and when Lou says it took 10 minutes and he's changed the threads get locked and everyone scurries away.

Yes I am aware I was one of the people scarred. But I owned up to me being wrong.

i mean what else do they have to say. I for one thought it was stupid IF he was trying to not give him the bonuses. If they just weren't working on the contract then no big deal, but if they were bickering over bonuses thats stupid.

Good on Lou for not taking that NJ stuff to Tor.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
This is a defining moment in Matthews career with the leafs. Auston Matthews relationship with the Leafs may be forever tarnished.

In early June during an intense conversation over flap jacks at flap jack willies in Arizona, GM john chayka promised Matthews an ELC contract with full bonus structure and a life supply of flap jacks. This is something the leafs simply were not willing to match. In early July Matthews requested mlse open a flap jack vendor inside the air canada center. There are two in house standard LOU policies 1)players must be clean shaven and have short hair and 2) no player is to eat flap jacks during the regular season. The sides broke off of negotiations for approximately 2 weeks after the policy was revealed.

They met in the early hours on July 21st, and Matthews insisted a clause be entered into his contract. Lamoriello buckled under the pressure. Matthews NOW has full flap jack clause and is allowed 3 visits per month to flap jack willies in Arizona on the leafs private jet.

Further developments. Insiders confirm that Matthews is the reigning Flap Stack Flap Jack champion.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com

If you see someone who trolls in every thread, just use the ignore function for that poster. Trust me, your HF experience will greatly improve. I'm at 43 and counting.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
For the love of... the anti-performance bonuses principle has (or had I suppose) NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY.

I thought the philosophy was not giving out bonuses "to put the team first". I assumed that money was a way that it was helping put the team first

Slot

Mar 6, 2012

There are a handful of guys that are doubling down on the conspiracy theories, Lou was strongarmed by Shanny and all that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It might be that there is some readily available model for #1 picks and they just copied that.
Strange though that it took 3 weeks to copy and paste.

But go ahead... drink that Maple Leaf Kool-aid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad