Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Auston Matthews to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
You make it sound like it took Leafs management a needlessly long amount of time to sign Matthews when in reality, players of his pedigree have been signed much, much later without the kind of ruckus we've seen here. This is needless theorizing for something that wasn't even out of place. I'd much rather believe the word of a GM than some ex-fan's bitter theories.
Corrected.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I've been saying all along they were waiting for Matthews to have stitches removed before taking contract pictures. I think the timing of this just proves my theory is correct.
I like your theory

It's also possible Lou's camera was broken and it took a couple weeks to find someone who could repair it.

9af971d3b4df9dea666248332c11cb1b.jpg

Settle down people I am just trying to have some fun, Sather has the same camera.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
This was a slam dunk situation. If there ever was one. ELC with Max bonus. Done and done. The fact that there was any consideration to the opposite is beyond idiotic.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Devil fans. Shanny has said that this isn't the Red Wings or the Devils, this is the Leafs. As in they won't operate like how Lou did with NJ or Babcock did with Detroit.

Does that mean that Lou gives bonuses and Babcock doesn't make the playoffs?

JK

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
"The Star", was it? Never trusting a story from them again.

Good on the Leafs, and Lou for being flexible. Love what you guys are building.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'm so confused. I thought he was going back to Europe for two years?

I wonder if people talked about Ekblad this much when he signed his ELC in SEPTEMBER.

I would guess not because Leafs.

Accept it or not, Leafs are the centre of the universe. Sure, they suck right now but when the tide turns, a lot of you bitter fools are going to be rolling.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
o wait i thought the leafs weren't going to sign him and we're dead against paying bonuses ? What happen HF? :yo::yo:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
"The Star", was it? Never trusting a story from them again.

Good on the Leafs, and Lou for being flexible. Love what you guys are building.

People are usually smart enough to not trust the rumors of the Toronto media. Especially recently when the new management doesn't spill anything relating to their club.

This just once again shows who are not neutral, but are biased posters who are always looking to find a negative outlook.

These conspiracies are pretty funny though. :laugh:

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Part of me is happy to see a team who has sat at the bottom for so many years start to turn around - another part of me says **** the Leafs. So torn. They have the tools now to compete. A couple of other acquisitions and they may be able to go deep. I say 2-3 years, and they will be regulars at the playoffs.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
If that were the case it would have done much faster. An ELC is the simplest contract a GM can do because players can't ask for the moon.

There are a myriad of reasons why it didn't get done til today. You are making baseless assumptions.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lou doesn't give bonuses

HF: "Lou is an idiot, he should just pay him" " Matthews doesn't wanna play there, back to ZSC" "lol leafs"

Lou gives him max bonuses

HF: "Lou is an idiot for caving" "lol lou" "worst gm"

lmfao :laugh:

camwise

Aug 27, 2011
Calgary
Lou doesn't give bonuses

HF: "Lou is an idiot, he should just pay him" " Matthews doesn't wanna play there, back to ZSC" "lol leafs"

Lou gives him max bonuses

HF: "Lou is an idiot for caving" "lol lou" "worst gm"

lmfao :laugh:

Honestly, HF Boards is either THIS

or

EVERY SINGLE HOCKEY PLAYER IN THE NHL TO TORONTO AS A FA SIGNING OR A TRADE...

News flash, no one wants to play in Toronto

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Caving? ROFL !

Shanny referenced Marner's bonuses when discussing Matthew previously so only those who were in denial did not see this coming. 10 Minute contract negotiation probably went something like...

Lou: "How is your family son? "
Austin: "Good sir, I am really excited about next season"
Agent: "Max deal?"
Lou: "Of course, we want Austin to not worry about anything but hockey. You'll have to excuse me though, I need to announce this to shut those morons up"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad