Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Harri Sateri signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Probably wanting to find a gem goalie in the midst of landfill.
It kind of reminds me of the Flyers of old that kept trying all kinds of goalies for a number of years without finding the one that would be great long term. They would find a guy who would have a bang-up season and then fall off.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It kind of reminds me of the Flyers of old that kept trying all kinds of goalies for a number of years without finding the one that would be great long term. They would find a guy who would have a bang-up season and then fall off.
Ah, yes, I think I vaguely remember. Mrazek was one of them, I think.

Reactions: Tripod

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
at least it was from a team that actually needs a goalie

but why can't we ever have nice things. literally every time we care about someone passing through waivers they're claimed ffs

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
It's happened before: Wade Dubielewicz was signed by the Islanders in 2009, but the Blue Jackets claimed him off waivers.

Then in 2011 the Red Wings signed Evgeni Nabokov, but the Islanders this time claimed him. Unlike Dubielewicz, who played for Columbus, Nabokov refused to join the Islanders, who instead tolled his contract for the next year (Nabokov did play for New York in 2011-12, and the next two seasons as well).

Guess we can add Sateri to this list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad