Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Harri Sateri signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $750k)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Well if claiming a guy ruins a relationship then I don’t know why waivers are allowed

it's more about ruining relationships with other agents and UFA's. This guy wants to play in the NHL, claiming him to bench him to maybe marginally hurt one rival is just not happening.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Why would they? It’s not like they are bringing him in to be their starter. How much do you really think you are hurting the Leafs by claiming this guy. You would ruin your relationship with a GM and probably Satari’s agent.
Doesn’t seem worth it at all.

It's happened before: Wade Dubielewicz was signed by the Islanders in 2009, but the Blue Jackets claimed him off waivers.

Then in 2011 the Red Wings signed Evgeni Nabokov, but the Islanders this time claimed him. Unlike Dubielewicz, who played for Columbus, Nabokov refused to join the Islanders, who instead tolled his contract for the next year (Nabokov did play for New York in 2011-12, and the next two seasons as well).

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
it's more about ruining relationships with other agents and UFA's. This guy wants to play in the NHL, claiming him to bench him to marginally hurt one rival is just not happening.
I guess we will see. It’s an interesting move that I’m sure gets discussed by multiple teams. I really don’t think a claim would have such a negative impact. Bad hockey karma though. I know Colorado wants a 3rd goalie, claiming is cheaper than paying a 4th or 5th. It’s actually good business from that perspective

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
It's happened before: Wade Dubielewicz was signed by the Islanders in 2009, but the Blue Jackets claimed him off waivers.

Then in 2011 the Red Wings signed Evgeni Nabokov, but the Islanders this time claimed him. Unlike Dubielewicz, who played for Columbus, Nabokov refused to join the Islanders, who instead tolled his contract for the next year (Nabokov did play for New York in 2011-12, and the next two seasons as well).
Yeah but those were situations where the team claiming the player wanted him and was going to use him. What was being proposed here was claiming him just to hold him as a third goalie to screw with the Leafs.

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
Yeah but those were situations where the team claiming the player wanted him and was going to use him. What was being proposed here was claiming him just to hold him as a third goalie to screw with the Leafs.
Teams need third goalies comes playoffs just ask Colorado (shoutout hamburgler). The move isn’t just our of spite, but the allure of not letting the leafs have him could push teams over the edge to make a claim.

Florida took JJ from Colorado once pavel got healthy. (A short time before the Covid waiver exemptions, which stung)

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
caray_harry.jpg

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Good pick up. I doubt he sees time during the playoffs though. At this point it looks like we’re probably going with Kallgren and Campbell for better or worse.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Why would they? It’s not like they are bringing him in to be their starter. How much do you really think you are hurting the Leafs by claiming this guy. You would ruin your relationship with a GM and probably Satari’s agent.
Doesn’t seem worth it at all.

I don't think there's any chance at all at ruining a relationship with an agent by wanting his player. The agent got him an NHL contract and maybe an NHL job. A team claiming him would be a good thing, not a bad thing.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Claiming a player off of waivers, through entirely legal and accepted means, will "ruin" relationships with a team. Alright, keeping hoping that's the reason Sateri isn't claimed, and not that he's an unproven asset. Everyone play nice.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I don't think there's any chance at all at ruining a relationship with an agent by wanting his player. The agent got him an NHL contract and maybe an NHL job. A team claiming him would be a good thing, not a bad thing.
If the team claiming him intends on using him sure. If they are doing it just to spite another team denying his client an opportunity then yeah that would piss an agent off.

If someone claims Sateri because they actually want the player I don’t think there will be any bitter feelings anywhere. But the idea of claiming a player purely for spite is stupid. That’s all I’m saying.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad