Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Dubas got fleeced! We clearly lost this trade!! Marchment 230lbs Malgin 177lbs, we lose 53lbs!!!

:sarcasm:

Skill for grit and a PK'er too. Good exchange for a depth player.
That said Marchment was a great story. Worked his tuchus off to make it to the pro level. I wish him luck wherever he lands.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Yeah, **** Dubas for trading an AHL player who at best will be a mediocre 4th liner for an actual NHL player!

Stupid Dubas hates physical players. We'll just ignore the likes of Muzzin and Clifford

His record speaks for himself champ. Another five foot nothing player to HOPEFULLY play a 3rd line centre roll when we had a great player already that score thirty goals for us twice for a smallish player that can play centre. Sounds about right to me cause, you know, those 3rd line centres, the smaller the better

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
His record speaks for himself champ. Another five foot nothing player to HOPEFULLY play a 3rd line centre roll when we had a great player already that score thirty goals for us twice for a smallish player that can play centre. Sounds about right to me cause, you know, those 3rd line centres, the smaller the better

I disagree about Kadri. He is not a 30 goal scorer, and he will probably never come close to that again. Last season in Toronto, he was invisible and did f*** all. He was a diminishing asset. I don't think we got a good return, but I didn't mind trading him.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
But we traded a centre, who scored thirty gals for us twice! For apparently a guy better suited to be a 3rd line centre that is on the wing because he can't play centre and a expiring contract d-man that can't play D! Great move by our boy wonder GM.

Same player that was a big part of why Leafs were knocked out of 1st round? Twice ?

Reactions: kb and Boutette

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
It actually matters a lot when you want to build a roster that can play a diversified game in a supposed playoff drive. Like someone who can attack on a forecheck with speed and size to turn defensemen on a trap around to recover a puck. But let’s not actually talk about hockey tactics when we can talk about skill vs size dichotomies.
He’s also better and should’ve been more valuable than Marchment, the player traded for him.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Malgin is nic petan. A meh player. He's better at most aspects of the game than marchment but unless it's a precursor to facilitate another trade, this doesn't move the needle.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Me neither, but the model is apparent. Malgin is certainly an NHL player over Marchment so I'll take it.

Yea, seems Malgin is clearly better than Marchment so sure, why not?

Just anticipating it being a guy that doesn't play for another guy that doesn't play.

Reactions: kb

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Dubas is assembling a team so he can hang out with them outside of work and enter a U11 basketball league and maybe dominate, but i doubt it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yes but at least we got softer

Sure? Marchment may be big but he's rather soft. Malgin may be small but not soft. He plays with an edge. Probably gonna outhit Marchment despite better possession numbers. Malgin is a very good and complete player. That's also due to his mother being a former figure skater and his father being a hockey Coach. Only weaknesses are strength along the boards and finish. Also needs a good coach who trusts him or he's gonna lack consistency. He played his best hockey under Gallant. Has been pretty bad unter trash Coaches like Rowe or Boughner. Some excellent stretches but no consistency. Same now under Quenneville.

Malgin is also fluent in English, German, French and Russian and reportedly was important and well respected in the Panthers locker room. Can do some translation/integration stuff if needed.

Malgin apparently asked for a trade but still surprised they sent him to Toronto for a useless player. Don't think Marchment will ever crack it at NHL-level. Malgin isn't gonna be a superstar but he's an established NHLer with some actual upside. If they treat him well then he should provide some decent bottom six depth scoring at least.

Last edited:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I disagree about Kadri. He is not a 30 goal scorer, and he will probably never come close to that again. Last season in Toronto, he was invisible and did f*ck all. He was a diminishing asset. I don't think we got a good return, but I didn't mind trading him.

25-30 is still reasonable for Kadri.

Babcock deferred a lot of his responsibilities to Tavares last year and he got lost in the depth. As a 2nd line center with PP time he should get in that range.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I disagree about Kadri. He is not a 30 goal scorer, and he will probably never come close to that again. Last season in Toronto, he was invisible and did f*ck all. He was a diminishing asset. I don't think we got a good return, but I didn't mind trading him.
He has 19 goals in 51 GP :laugh:

Reactions: Koolboss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad