Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Nazem Kadri, Calle Rosen for Tyson Barrie (50% retain), Alex Kerfoot trade (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Not arguing it shouldn't. Just requires Babs to take more of a top two / bottom two approach.

And there is the risk of "vet love" for Spezza where he might overuse his oldest guy again. The complaint on the Avs board before the trade was Kerfoot is way too easily knocked off the puck so another door may open a crack for Spezza.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

2 of the best scoring D-men in the league

2 of the best goal-scoring centers in the league.

Still waiting on one of the best playmakers in the league to sign (Marner), and our other elite playmaker to get back on track (Nylander, and he will)

There are no excuses left for Babcock. If he's still unable to get this team to perform at an elite level, get him the f*** out of here and get someone who can.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You would do it for the same reason I presume Babcock has all long...to make the team much more difficult to match up against. Executives might not care about personal metrics as much as team ones.

Not saying it is right or wrong but not really sure how you can ignore it after living through 3 years of it?

Except he didn't he didn't keep the first 3 lines at equal minutes. the 3rd lien was about 15% lower last year than the first 2 lines.

I get eh concept of trig to make the lines in your favor but putting Nylander on the 3rd line with players who will suck the offence from his $6.9 mil price tag, is stupid.

This is how the conversation goes with Dubas and his bosses:

So Kyle AJ and Kappy at less then $3.5 mil, 50 points, they kill PIM's and match up against the other teams best defenders. Nylander is at $6.9 mil, with no PK time, 50 points and gets the other teams bottom defenders. So why are we paying Willie twice two other players get at the same production?

Do you think Kyle is going to pressure Babcock to play Willie on the top two lines, just so he does not look like he was taken to the cleaners by Nylander? Perception is everything when it comes to your bosses evaluation of your job performance. If there is a perception that Nylander is over paid, that reflects poorly on Dubas.

I get everything you are saying, and I think on the surface that makes sense but in reality, there are many reasons why it wont come to pass.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Still waiting on one of the best playmakers in the league to sign (Marner), and our other elite playmaker to get back on track (Nylander, and he will)

There are no excuses left for Babcock. If he's still unable to get this team to perform at an elite level, get him the **** out of here and get someone who can.

Are there any excuses left for the players than? They are equally as responsible

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

There are no excuses left for Babcock. If he's still unable to get this team to perform at an elite level, get him the **** out of here and get someone who can.

right lol, back to back 100 point seasons and they get knocked out of the playoffs in 7 games by 2nd overall team that went to the finals ... in your head, a new coach must get 100+ points and hope they don't run into a hot team eh?

Reactions: Sniper99

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Sounds like you're already making excuses for Babcock.

Not making excuses for anyone. I don’t really care for Babcock at all. But to put all the blame on him if things don’t work is ridiculous. Sometimes certain players can’t get things done, hopefully they can put it all together.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Except he didn't he didn't keep the first 3 lines at equal minutes. the 3rd lien was about 15% lower last year than the first 2 lines.

I get eh concept of trig to make the lines in your favor but putting Nylander on the 3rd line with players who will suck the offence from his $6.9 mil price tag, is stupid.

So Kyle AJ and Kappy at less then $3.5 mil, 50 points, they kill PIM's and match up against the other teams best defenders. Nylander is at $6.9 mil, with no PK time, 50 points and gets the other teams bottom defenders. So why are we paying Willie twice two other players get at the same production?

Do you think Kyle is going to pressure Babcock to play Willie on the top two lines, just so he does not look like he was taken to the cleaners by Nylander? Perception is everything when it comes to your bosses evaluation of your job performance. If there is a perception that Nylander is over paid, that reflects poorly on Dubas.

I get everything you are saying, and I think on the surface that makes sense but in reality, there are many reasons why it wont come to pass.

I would hope that Shanahan isn't stupid enough to use Nylander's point totals as his metric of success. I'm also fairly certain he wouldn't use that.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I don't think Kadri would've returned to his 30 goal form with Tavares here.
I think he'll do better with more playing time in Colorado, and I think Barrie will be dynamite here.

Sad to see him go but love the trade overall.

Lethalsniper007

Aug 2, 2005

For the money he’s making he needs to be on the top 2 lines if not trade him it would be sad to see a 6.9 mill player on the 3rd line which someone who makes 2-4 mill can fill that role. If he drops to a 3rd line role basically he got outplayed by someone else.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Not making excuses for anyone. I don’t really care for Babcock at all. But to put all the blame on him if things don’t work is ridiculous. Sometimes certain players can’t get things done, hopefully they can put it all together.

Not sure anyone is putting ALL the blame on anyone. If Babs loses 4 years in a row in the 1st round though, keeping him on would seem pretty nutso.

Reactions: kb and dsred

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
These guys think if every good team just fires there coach they will win a cup, its just that easy :thumbu:

No but when you have a coach who plays guys like PM and Brown in the dying minutes of game 7, on top of the long list of questionnable/weird decisions he;s made, it's ok to question if he's the right coach for this team. Assistants don't get fired if everyone is happy with Babcock.

Don't keep a guy b/c he had success with another team 10 years ago.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't think Kadri would've returned to his 30 goal form with Tavares here.
I think he'll do better with more playing time in Colorado, and I think Barrie will be dynamite here.

Sad to see him go but love the trade overall.

Why and what it has to do with Tavares?

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Not sure anyone is putting ALL the blame on anyone. If Babs loses 4 years in a row in the 1st round though, keeping him on would seem pretty nutso.

I agree, he should and will be gone if they fail again this year. But at that point they may have to realize these players might not be able to get it done either.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I agree, he should and will be gone if they fail again this year. But at that point they may have to realize these players might not be able to get it done either.
if he ain't the guy why isn't he being replaced, why waste another year?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
No but when you have a coach who plays guys like PM and Brown in the dying minutes of game 7, on top of the long list of questionnable/weird decisions he;s made, it's ok to question if he's the right coach for this team. Assistants don't get fired if everyone is happy with Babcock.

Don't keep a guy b/c he had success with another team 10 years ago.

lol, give the Brown/Marleau thing a rest, Tavares, Matthews lines were out in the dying minutes of the game... the team went in another direction trying to help the PP and the other guy became a head coach

Killerb

Apr 26, 2018
I agree, Spezza is going to have a pretty good year here. Great signing.

I'm trying to get my head around the new players and how they might fit in.
I thought Kerfoot was a winger but it seems he can play the middle.
last years faceoffs:
Kadri 55% wins
Kerfoot 56% wins
He was brought in for faceoff depth on different situations

GrunbeldDragonKnight

Jun 14, 2019

How much you wanna bet Babcock will be whining about depth at the year end presser next year?

The fact that he did it this year along with subtlety criticizing the Muzzin move really pissed me off.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
lol, give the Brown/Marleau thing a rest, Tavares, Matthews lines were out in the dying minutes of the game... the team went in another direction trying to help the PP and the other guy became a head coach

Again, you don't have to defend everything babcock does, but fill your boots...... I for one don't give a crap what he's done with other teams or how many regular season points we get.

Killerb

Apr 26, 2018
Moore-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Kapanen
Marchment/Augostino-Spezza-Michyelic

Reilly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-????

Andersen
Hutch
Don't forget Shore on the 4th....he had some good role ice time with Kings in that spot

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Why? They played more than Matthews. It was insanely stupid. It's a 100% valid criticism. Maybe try have a discussion about it rather then blindly defend Babcock's decisions at all costs. Don't be such a homer. You can still agree it was a bad deployment of the lineup and still believe Babcock is a top-3 coach in the league.

Reactions: WillNy29
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad