Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Bernier to Anaheim for conditional 2017 pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He had a really solid season just 2 seasons ago and the only reason he's been bad lately has pretty much been the team in front of him. I would not be surprised at all if he returned to form with Anaheim and played really well.

Not exactly true. I am a Bernier fan and he's a good goalie. But he was bad last year for 3/4. D in front of him most nights wasn't terrible like in 2014/2015. He **** the bed alot but you are right he will do good there

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
Bernier will put up better numbers than Andersen this year. Won't get as many starts but Andersen is getting thrown to the wolves.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Doesn't Anaheim still have quite a few holes up front and have a tight budget? $4.15m for a backup goalie.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Is the conditional pick anything of value or just a requirement given that this trade was essentially a delayed component of the last trade?

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He had a really solid season just 2 seasons ago and the only reason he's been bad lately has pretty much been the team in front of him. I would not be surprised at all if he returned to form with Anaheim and played really well.

He's weak mentally. Loses focus and let's in deflating goals that I could stop.

He has the physical tools, but his mental makeup will always limit him to backup duties, or in the case with Toronto, a number 1 on a last place team.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ok that makes sense

Will be interesting to see if Bernier can get his career back on track

I don't think he has what it takes to be a true #1 though ,, Just not mentally tough enough. Really seems to fall apart when things don't go right

Probably has nightmares of playing in front of Carlyle's "defensive" scheme.

Any other Leaf fans terrified this trade is a precursor for a Russell signing?

Kinda. Although we need to sign a back up now.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Don't care what the return is. This was necessary. I couldn't be happier.

I believe Bernier may do pretty well for Anaheim. But it was over in Toronto.

I disagree.

I don't see how this was necessary at all.

Andersen, with Bernier at 2, was a solid tandem.
Better than Andersen/Sparks, and if you want Bibeau to become anything more, playing him as backup int he NHL won't help that

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Not really.

He played franchise level best in his first season here. But last season, the team played so much better defensively than they had in ages, but he just let in some terrible goals.

In saying that, as I mentioned before, I still think he's a good goalie and will do well for Anaheim.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Wouldn't be surprised if he put up better numbers than Anderson this year. what's bernier's cap hit? I thought Ana was having some cap issues. do they have anyone to sign still other than Lindholm?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad