Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Bernier to Anaheim for conditional 2017 pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
not sold on either bernier or Anderson. Wouldn't surprise me if bernier put up better numbers this year.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
Bernier is way better than everyone thinks. Great pickup for Anahiem.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
nice to see as I didn't want 9 million in goalies but I wish Bernier the best of luck. He definitely needed a fresh start.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I can't wait to see him outplay Andersen when he actually gets dmen in front of him.

I like Bernier, great back-up goalie.

JS91

May 14, 2014
He had a really solid season just 2 seasons ago and the only reason he's been bad lately has pretty much been the team in front of him. I would not be surprised at all if he returned to form with Anaheim and played really well.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I hope we didn't make this move to sign Russell though. Please don't sign Russell. Also let some other team sign Kris Russell. And that defenceman that Calgary traded to Dallas last year, don't sign him.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Happy for Leafs and for Bernier. Didn't want 9 million in goalies and Bernier needed a fresh start.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
He had a really solid season just 2 seasons ago and the only reason he's been bad lately has pretty much been the team in front of him. I would not be surprised at all if he returned to form with Anaheim and played really well.

Its not the ONLY reason, he really didn't play well early in the season last year. He got much better later on but they played Sparks instead for the tank.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Well i guess that means Bernier is almost as good as Andersen. Because clearly Toronto insisted Anaheim split this into 2 deals. Practically gave up 2 1sts for Andersen and then gave away Bernier to the Ducks. :sarcasm:

Sucks. I really liked Bernier and i think he could have done much better in Toronto. I still see him as having legit starting potential under the right circumstances. I can see Gibson getting hurt or faltering and Bernier easily stepping in with a much better team in front of him which would build up his value.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
not sold on either bernier or Anderson. Wouldn't surprise me if bernier put up better numbers this year.

I don't disagree with you but, if Bernier did, the teams that the two goaltenders play for would be big factors on why that would be the case.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Leafs paid his signing bonus on July 1st, so essentially it is 2.15M (salary) for Bernier for this year for Anaheim.

Ok that makes sense

Will be interesting to see if Bernier can get his career back on track

I don't think he has what it takes to be a true #1 though ,, Just not mentally tough enough. Really seems to fall apart when things don't go right

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Don't care what the return is. This was necessary. I couldn't be happier.

I believe Bernier may do pretty well for Anaheim. But it was over in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad