Top 5 “can’t win with ‘em” players

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
It was game 1 against the Canucks he got hurt was it not? He left the ice for a while, came back and played after that, but was noticeably slower.
That’s where the rib injury occurred. The broken finger happened later in the series when he blocked a shot.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yes, I agree. His team is great.
Agreed and he’s the best player.

I’m sure Barkovs 5 points in 7 games while being a -1 while going pointless in the last 3 games, was just so monumental…
He got a monumental cup so nice of you to notice!

Draisaitl doesn't require it either, he just happens to have him. Pretty sure Draisaitl would still be effective with Adam Oates or Nicklas Backstrom throwing him passes.
He wouldn’t but that’s fine to believe. Lazy Draisaitl hasn’t seen the D zone since 2014. PP merchant who leeches off the best player in the game.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Agreed and he’s the best player.

He got a monumental cup so nice of you to notice!

He wouldn’t but that’s fine to believe. Lazy Draisaitl hasn’t seen the D zone since 2014. PP merchant who leeches off the best player in the game.
So cup>anyone without a cup. Got it :laugh:

Andreychuk>Lindros. You heard it here first.

To the bolded: tell me your a hater without telling me your a hater.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I’m sure Barkovs 5 points in 7 games while being a -1 while going pointless in the last 3 games, was just so monumental…
Let's stay factual here, Barkov scored an absolute beauty of a goal in game 6 (and had another goal called off for an offside by a millimeter). So no, he was not pointless in the last 3 games.

It's also not the best practice to measure the impact of a 2 time Selke winner by just points.

Reactions: vshun

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Let's stay factual here, Barkov scored an absolute beauty of a goal in game 6 (and had another goal called off for an offside by a millimeter). So no, he was not pointless in the last 3 games.

It's also not the best practice to measure the impact of a 2 time Selke winner by just points.
Ok? One goal? So weird how much flack McDavid gets for putting up “garbage points” in elimination games, yet Barkov scores 1 goal in a LOSING game and he he should get praised? Talk about contradicting.

Well McDavid scored 11 points and was a +5 so it sounds like Barkov didn’t do a very good job.

You gonna hate Barkov more than Toews if Florida has more success :laugh:
Who hates Barkov? Thinking he’s overrated isn’t the same as “hating” someone. But if that’s what you have to think in order to feel justified in your feelings, go for it.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009

But he isn't just a selke winner. He's a top line center who should be performing like one on both sides of the puck.

I mean, he didn't really shut anyone down in the finals, and either he shut down noted playoff performer Artemi Panarin or the rangers stink 5on5. It's not both. And for a team that stinks 5on5, getting 1 ES point in 6 games and being a -2 in the process doesn't scream high end top line center. He's a good player who is fortunate to play on a very deep team.

Barkov in these playoffs was pretty much a poor man's Ryan O'Reilly from the blue cup win.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Using the injury excuse for Draisatl is really funny, given, you know, the elbow to the face and all that.
The difference between Draisaitl and Barkov is that Draisaitl had a real broken finger/broken ribs and tried to play through it as if he didn't while Barkov had a fake concussion and tried to pretend he was in a coma before magically healing after it was announced that Draisaitl wasn't getting suspended.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Idk why Barzal would make any of these lists. He was nearly dominant during NYI’s two ECF runs. He raises his game in the playoffs and is highly competitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad