Top 5 “can’t win with ‘em” players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What a stupid post from a sore winner. Anyone with half of a brain knows that he was badly injured in the last 2 rounds. But I guess that doesn't fit your antiquated narrative.
dangit mikey anderson!

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Anyone that actually pays attention knows that he was badly injured in the last 2 rounds. But I guess that doesn't fit your antiquated narrative.
Doesn’t matter about this round, last round, regular season. Guy is a PP merchant. Carried by the best player of this generation. Good player but not some hall of famer lmao.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Doesn’t matter about this round, last round, regular season. Guy is a PP merchant. Carried by the best player of this generation. Good player but not some hall of famer lmao.
How did he win a Ross, Hart, and Lindsay? Players that win those awards aren’t “carried” by anyone. You’re also ignoring the fact that he was leading McDavid in points after the Vancouver series. And he’s led McDavid in points in two other playoff series as well. Your narrative is so outdated it’s showing some cracks lmao

Reactions: CycloneSweep

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This is a good way to make sure nobody ever takes you seriously again
It’s my opinion. Who cares what other people think. Barkov dog walked him and Connor all playoffs.

How did he win a Ross, Hart, and Lindsay? Players that win those awards aren’t “carried” by anyone. You’re also ignoring the fact that he was leading McDavid in points after the Vancouver series. And he’s led McDavid in points in two other playoff series as well. Your narrative is so outdated it’s showing some cracks lmao
And I’m assuming Hyman is a 50 goal scorer every year without Mcdavid. Speaks to the talent of Mcdavid.

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
And I’m assuming Hyman is a 50 goal scorer every year without Mcdavid. Speaks to the talent of Mcdavid.
The difference is that Hyman didn't outscore McDavid while Draisaitl did. If you don't think there's a difference between Draisaitl and Hyman, I don't know how to help you.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
For as good as barkov is, he was extremely pedestrian rounds 3 and 4. He didn't do anything against the Rangers.
He shut down your entire squad. Sounds good.

The difference is that Hyman didn't outscore McDavid while Draisaitl did. If you don't think there's a difference between Draisaitl and Hyman, I don't know how to help you.
Never said there wasn’t a difference. Draisaitl just isn’t a top 10 player. He would be exposed on another team instead of riding Mcdavid’s coattails. He’ll get paid though.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
He shut down your entire squad. Sounds good.

Never said there wasn’t a difference. Draisaitl just isn’t a top 10 player. He would be exposed on another team instead of riding Mcdavid’s coattails. He’ll get paid though.
Did he? Or were Rangers the worst 5on5 team to make the final 4 in ages, and they still managed to make your generational center a minus and hold him to 1 even strength point.

Reactions: Duke74

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Pettersson concerns me because he was incredible in the 2021 bubble with no fans, and invisible in his first real playoff environment.

Of course, one "real" playoffs is a very small sample size which is why I said "concerns me" instead of "lol he sucks" or something. Too early to say yet. But he was embarrassing this postseason.
Why isn’t the 2021 playoffs considered real playoffs? Talk about cherry picking.
The fact is he’s had one amazing playoffs and one terrible playoffs. I’d look more at players who consistently underperform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad