Post-Game Talk: Tony Hawk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
There must be a trade we could make involving Blais and some sort of pick for a LD, i think the guy needs more ice time to get himself back to normal, he's not gonna get that here
Good idea, use Blais as a rental.

They seem to have found the right mix between the kids, the stars and the depth guys. Kravtsov and Harpur have been upgrades around the edges of the roster. And Igor is finally back to being Igor. If they continue to win and climb the standings they will be obligated to go for Kane. Until then, let’s finish strong against 2 big rivals next week. LGR.
No firsts, no Krav, no Othmann for Kane.

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
In MMA after someone suffers brutal knockouts/concussions, they are shutdown for extended periods.

Chytil might need at least a month or two off. I would shut him down completely and let him start skating in February.
Might help with his resigning as well .

Reactions: B17 Apricots

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Right after the Holiday Break, Blais needs to be assigned to Hartford on a conditioning stint. He’s not playing like an NHL forward.
Vitali Kravtsov is an elite passer. He’s being misused on the fourth line.
Gallant is pulling on Karma’s door; he should be careful, that door could lead to the backseat of a NYC taxi.

Yeah Krav needs to be moved up

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Good idea, use Blais as a rental.
I wouldn't be so quick to move him. He was out a full year. And showed some skill before that. He's still young. Toews was out a year and look at the dip in his play when he came back. He's doing much better this year.

Reactions: bhamill

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I wouldn't be so quick to move him. He was out a full year. And showed some skill before that. He's still young. Toews was out a year and look at the dip in his play when he came back. He's doing much better this year.

He’s not young and he’s never showed any skill.

I have zero interest in this overpaid player remaining on the roster anymore. I’d rather Rydahl than him straight up.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Good game other than losing Chytil. Disappointed there was no response to an obvious late hit.
Several players with good games but Foxy by far the best.

Not trying to single you out, but I saw this a lot tonight. Was a 7-1 ass kicking not enough of a response? Sure, punching a dude 5-10 times over 20-40 seconds is a more "blood" typical response. But I'll take the beat down that matters at the end of the season.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Not trying to single you out, but I saw this a lot tonight. Was a 7-1 ass kicking not enough of a response? Sure, punching a dude 5-10 times over 20-40 seconds is a more "blood" typical response. But I'll take the beat down that matters at the end of the season.

I agree. No use risking injury to our guys when we completely demoralized them on the scoreboard (and Trouba’s chirps). This is what contenders are supposed to do to bottom feeders

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
In some situations maybe but not this team and not now. We just lost Reavo and we were pushed around prior to him coming here. There's nothing saying you couldn't have both types of response.

Reactions: egelband

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Good game other than losing Chytil. Disappointed there was no response to an obvious late hit.
Several players with good games but Foxy by far the best.
I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but Laf and Kakko sat for a long stretch after that hit. I waited to see who he would put with them, but I just waited and waited. Turk skipped their turn on the ice a few times right after. He could have easily put Brodzinski between them, like he said he would during an in-game interview but didn't. Maybe that was him being disappointed there was no response?

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Why not have both? There was still 11 minutes left when Kravtsov made it 6-1. Plenty of time for one of our bigger guys to take care of that piece of shit.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
In some situations maybe but not this team and not now. We just lost Reavo and we were pushed around prior to him coming here. There's nothing saying you couldn't have both types of response.

Maybe, but as you said: Reavo is gone. Who was going to do it? Trouba who is clearly playing through what appears to be a wrist injury? Outside of him or maybe Blais, who is also trying to work through a recovery from a significant injury last season, who else would you 1) risk an injury to fight a non-player like Lafferty? 2) wouldn't get immediately clowned by a guy who knows what they are doing in a fight?

Because it wouldn't be Lafferty fighting in that scenario. You are getting a Khaira, Domi, or Tinordi (if he didn't bust his face open prior) jumping in instead. Now you have a Kreider or Goodrow getting fed instead of just plastering that clearly shamelessly tanking team, getting the points, the goal differential, and keeping the streak going.

Edit: please don't say Harpur. Dude is big, but is absolute trash at fights, and even recently injured himself... fighting.

Reactions: tlk

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
I agree. No use risking injury to our guys when we completely demoralized them on the scoreboard (and Trouba’s chirps). This is what contenders are supposed to do to bottom feeders
The fact that it is bottom feeder is what bothers me most. Sends a message to other bottom feeders , who by their very nature are frustrated and can esaily be reckless, especially if there are no consequences.

• Love
Reactions: egelband

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA

I have zero interest in this overpaid player remaining on the roster anymore. I’d rather Rydahl than him straight up.
Exactly. One highlight reel goal in a meaningless training camp game is an aberration, not a sign of things to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007

I'd give him a break. He's been out an entire year. Give him some time before judging him.

And since when is 26 not young? But I guess if you are 15 you might not consider that young.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
IMO Reaves was a good team guy but his role was vastly overstated. The modern "clean enforcer" is a useless player.

What's needed in those situations is someone who is not central to the lineup to take a run at Lafferty, Scott Stevens him, and eat the suspension. Those are the plays that are deterrents, not a meaningless fight where nothing of substance happens and the enforcer "edges" out a win on a fight scorecard, but the opponent is otherwise physically able to play in the next game.

Not unless an enforcer is so overpowering - think prime Tony Twist, Joe Kocur, Colton Orr - will a meaningless staged fight do anything. Those players literally don't exist anymore.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but Laf and Kakko sat for a long stretch after that hit. I waited to see who he would put with them, but I just waited and waited. Turk skipped their turn on the ice a few times right after. He could have easily put Brodzinski between them, like he said he would during an in-game interview but didn't. Maybe that was him being disappointed there was no response?
I'm glad they played a good chunk with Ziba, but the most obvious solution was Goodrow going back to C and bumping Kravtsov to play with Panarin but Turk is so risk averse he had to wait until the 3rd and it was out of hand.

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
IMO Reaves was a good team guy but his role was vastly overstated. The modern "clean enforcer" is a useless player.

What's needed in those situations is someone who is not central to the lineup to take a run at Lafferty, Scott Stevens him, and eat the suspension. Those are the plays that are deterrents, not a meaningless fight where nothing of substance happens and the enforcer "edges" out a win on a fight scorecard, but the opponent is otherwise physically able to play in the next game.

Not unless an enforcer is so overpowering - think prime Tony Twist, Joe Kocur, Colton Orr - will a meaningless staged fight do anything. Those players literally don't exist anymore.
What's Dan Carcillo up to these days? Not the biggest dude, but that guy was a psychopath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad