Post-Game Talk: Tony Hawk

3 Stars

• Total voters

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
If I am totally being honest,... I would not like more wins like this. I could have fell asleep midway through the game if I didn't pinch myself. I never thought I would say this,... but I think I would prefer posters here bitching about winning close games. LOL!

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
They seem to have found the right mix between the kids, the stars and the depth guys. Kravtsov and Harpur have been upgrades around the edges of the roster. And Igor is finally back to being Igor. If they continue to win and climb the standings they will be obligated to go for Kane. Until then, let’s finish strong against 2 big rivals next week. LGR.
TBH, if the situation presents itself, I'm not entirely against a Kane trade provided several very important preconditions:

#1 - Goodrow to the 4th line. Kane can play with Panarin, so there's no reason to keep Goodrow in the top 9.
#2 - We aren't giving up any studs or phenomenal picks, or if we give up a first we're in a position that it doesn't project to be anything other than a late round pick
#3 - Since Laf was frequently compared to Kane in playstyle (and this is a legitimate comparison), Kane is told when he arrives that one of his main responsibilities is to mentor Laf and teach him how to prepare and play like Kane did in his prime.
#4 - Vesey remains on the bottom line as well, and Kravtsov remains in the lineup regardless.

So, strictly as a rental, you'd be looking at:
10-93-88
13-72-24
20-16-74
Some combination of 91/21/26/76/12 (although as noted elsewhere I'd prefer to move Blais for a 6D).

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He needs some time off.

Yeah I think Chytil could use an IR stay to get his head right. Let him rest through the new year
It might be wise to give him a month or so off.

We're now entering a realm of scary permanent long term damage

It may have been a little late but it was straight on , so I’d think Chytil was braced. As opposed to the blind side drive by he took against the Blue Jackets (?) which was worse than this one, at least upon first glance.
It's definitely his fault for puck watching. He needs to be way more aware

Reactions: chosen and leetch99

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The hit was late and high and probably technically boarding as well (though it’s not often called like that if ever)

But…Chytil’s gotta protect himself. Guys still coming at you, put your stick up, something. Don’t assume everyone’s gonna play within the rules

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
5C926469-B13F-4AF6-AABC-BBF17BB1ED26.jpeg

Reactions: mas0764

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In MMA after someone suffers brutal knockouts/concussions, they are shutdown for extended periods.

Chytil might need at least a month or two off. I would shut him down completely and let him start skating in February.

Reactions: CLW and ohbaby

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Is it me, or does it sound like Emily Kaplan's mic gets muted by the audio guy as Panarin's pass to Kravtsov connects in the neutral zone?
The audio guy was awful tonight.

-Random volume spikes whenever the puck was near the right side end boards.
-The ref's mic randomly activating like 3-4 times during the telecast and going live in the middle of gameplay.
-The audio randomly dropping twice for a few seconds during the live feed.
-During a commercial break, the feed randomly just went dark for about 20 seconds.

ESPN (and Disney) is a joke. They can't even do basic things right. If this were a matchup of broadcast teams, MSG would have won 7-1.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
You can easily see Krav as a quality top 6 player. They better not trade him or let him leave.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad