Confirmed with Link: Tony DeAngelo on unconditional waivers in second buyout window.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
That’s not how it works. They would pay him 4M to play in LHV. That’s a 4M cap hit. f*** that.
Yeah, and NEXT YEAR, he wouldn't be on the books at all, which is my point lmao, now he will be for another 2+ million.....it's just horrible asset management, especially with 5 million off the books we could have taken a bad contract from a contender for a 1st or a prospect

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

legend-legendary.gif

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
What do you think they are planning for next season - to sign a high price free agent?
No, but a smart franchise who is supposedly rebuilding could use that cap space to take a bad contract for real value, or help use it to facilitate trades, I can't be the only one thinking this is horrible asset management, yes tda is piece of shit, but there are now missed opportunities due to bad asset management

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, but a smart franchise who is supposedly rebuilding could use that cap space to take a bad contract for real value, or help use it to facilitate trades, I can't be the only one thinking this is horrible asset management, yes tda is piece of shit, but their are now missed opportunities due to bad asset management
Keeping the additional retention slot could be more valuable if they use it correctly.

This could be a good thing, if they play it right.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Most telling- the people in charge let the guy who made the TDA trade stick around through the trade deadline. When almost all of us would have traded TDA and Laughton for a 1st and 2 2nds.

I would have personally left TDA in the lineup and traded him at the TDL after playing him as the PP1 QB. But torts has won a Stanley Cup so…

This franchise is so doomed.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
$1.66M next year, frees $3.34M this year.
Projected to have $23M in cap room next year, with TDA and only Tippett and Hart as major RFA signings.
Doubt they'd be UFA players, so that's plenty of cap room to facilitate trades.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most telling- the people in charge let the guy who made the TDA trade stick around through the trade deadline. When almost all of us would have traded TDA and Laughton for a 1st and 2 2nds.

I would have personally left TDA in the lineup and traded him at the TDL after playing him as the PP1 QB. But torts has won a Stanley Cup so…

This franchise is so doomed.
He was in the lineup, and if Ghost at $4.5M for two months could only garner a 3rd two years out, what do you think TDA at $5M and one more year on his deal could have garnered at the TDL? Probably unmoveable.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If he's claimed is it still a 50% salary split off waivers? I wouldn't even care if that was the case since it's better than wasting a retention slot to get him to 50% and the return being a future ECHL bottom 6.
No. If someone picks up his SPC, they pick it up in full and pay the whole of the one season left.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He was in the lineup, and if Ghost at $4.5M for two months could only garner a 3rd two years out, what do you think TDA at $5M and one more year on his deal could have garnered at the TDL? Probably unmoveable.
Ghost killed it on a good team. His value was shown by the deal he signed.

TDA put in the right light and with QB1 numbers playing with guys like Couts and TK, he could have value.

He was rumored to have a 2nd offers for him this TDL which I could see to a team that lost third top Dman and are panicking. Happens every year.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Uh, it's been reported that they got offered a second for him.

Yeah, yeah, you won't believe the source though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad