Value of: Tom Wilson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Okay? Be honest with yourself, do you really think that if I valued my time different I couldn't scrub through a few of those early 2010's years and get enough of a reel together to make someone say "what a piece of shit, he clearly doesn't care what happens to other players out there".

And you'll (accurately) say that it's a lot of hits over a lot of years and not representative of the player's full game and what he's out there to do shift by shift, that he's out there playing hockey not ending lives, and I'll shrug my shoulders because that was the whole point. The Twitter fans have never seen something so crazy from a player before even though neither player would be more than "pretty tough" in the 90's or 2000's and you've backed yourselves into a corner where these guys can't be anything other than monsters.

Like... they just throw the Schenn hit in there like it's cut and dry awful but... it's not. Schenn tries to leave the corner with the puck, head down, then turns towards the boards. It's not in the numbers, it's not high, it's big but it's not out of line. You just can't argue with the fascist playbook (make shit up, scream it loudly, berate whoever disagrees).
It’s almost like that poster and that commentator need to be lead; Tell me you’re blatantly biased against Tom Wilson and A Literal Interpretation of the NHL Rule Book WITHOUT telling me you’re blatantly biased against Tom Wilson and A Literal Interpretation of the NHL Rule Book.

Sundquist hit: Bad Hit.
Blais hit: Bad Hit.
All the others are borderline at best.
Aston-Reese was punished based solely on the outcome.
Marchessault; late, sure. Sold? Absolutely. A penalty? Fine. A suspension? Hardly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
That’s a terrible example. Ian Cole can’t fight.

Wilson is unique and incredibly valuable because he can actually play hockey too. Has Wilson ever fought anyone who can fight like Reeves?

edit: I found a fight with Reeves but not much happened. Either way Caps should get something good for him. I’m sure lots of teams would happy to have him out of the East.

Wrong perspective. Look at it from the point that if you take liberties this is the end result. The fact Cole was, "xyz" is irrelevant.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
That’s a terrible example. Ian Cole can’t fight.

Wilson is unique and incredibly valuable because he can actually play hockey too. Has Wilson ever fought anyone who can fight like Reeves?

edit: I found a fight with Reeves but not much happened. Either way Caps should get something good for him. I’m sure lots of teams would happy to have him out of the East.

Cole threw a dirty hit on Kuznetsov and paid the price. I love it how Wilson sees it and immediately drops gloves and gives Cole a huge beating.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It’s almost like that poster and that commentator need to be lead; Tell me you’re blatantly biased against Tom Wilson and A Literal Interpretation of the NHL Rule Book WITHOUT telling me you’re blatantly biased against Tom Wilson and A Literal Interpretation of the NHL Rule Book.

Sundquist hit: Bad Hit.
Blais hit: Bad Hit.
All the others are borderline at best.
Aston-Reese was punished based solely on the outcome.
Marchessault; late, sure. Sold? Absolutely. A penalty? Fine. A suspension? Hardly.

No no...the best one was the Carlo hit where the league admitted there wasn't anything suspendable in that play. So, they made something brand new up. "The totality of the circumstances."

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Does Wilson ever fight anyone that can fight? All his fights are on YouTube. All of them

Ill do the work.

Totals 80 fights at NHL-level,
just to mention some big boys/decent dancing partners

Ryan Reaves x 2
Luke Gazdic
Nicolas Deslauriers
Zdeno Chara
Jared Boll
Ross Johnston
Matt Martin x 3
Jarome Iginla
Mark Borowiecki x 2
Jamie Oleksiak
Adam McQuaid
Radko Gudas
Erik Gudbranson
Trent Frederic x 2
Dalton Prout
Zach Sill
Brendan Lemieux
Jake McCabe
Robert Bortuzzo x 2
Joe Thornton
Pat Maroon
Tom Sestito
Brenden Morrow
Brandon Prust
Erik Cernak
Josh Anderson
Brian Boyle
Robert Hagg
Chris Stewart
Braydon Coburn
Brendan Smith
Jarred Tinordi x 2
Wayne Simmonds x 2
Brayden Schenn
Kyle Clifford x 2
Nick Foligno
Marcus Foligno x 3
Luke Schenn x 3

Im not sure what else you can hope for in 2020's. He has done his share on fighting, he doesnt have to prove anything anymore. What he needs to do is benefit his team on ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad