Value of: Tom Wilson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
If he would become a Hab i would stop watching hockey the guy is a dirty player and i don't care if he's on my team there's no way players like him should be in the NHL.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Not only would Winnipeg balk at this, they'd put a restraining order against the caller.
As a Jets fan I would do Ehlers for Wilson straight up. Wilson is the exact type of player the Jets need in my opinion. I love Ehlers and it would hurt like hell for sure to lose him. But its the NHL. You gotta give to get.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
If he would become a Hab i would stop watching hockey the guy is a dirty player and i don't care if he's on my team there's no way players like him should be in the NHL.
Coming from a fan of a team that's stuffed full of players who should not be in the NHL this is rich.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
A year and a half ago when the Avs still had depth on D from which to trade, I'd have offered Girard.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Wilson is the last dinosaur left after the meteor hit. I would love to see what he would be if he had to lock up with Tony Twist,Marty McSorley, Bob Probert, or Joe Kocur level guys. There's literally about 100 players that would shine their shoes with Wilson's jersey with him in it. He's lucky he plays in the era he does.
Wilson is 6’4” 220lbs. He’d be just fine

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
A year and a half ago when the Avs still had depth on D from which to trade, I'd have offered Girard.
There’s no reason whatsoever for the Capitals to consider that. The Capitals have options comparable to Girard on the roster, they DO NOT HAVE another Tom Wilson.

Even in the context of Right Now; the AVs get immediately better, the Capitals get much worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
As a Jets fan I would do Ehlers for Wilson straight up. Wilson is the exact type of player the Jets need in my opinion. I love Ehlers and it would hurt like hell for sure to lose him. But its the NHL. You gotta give to get.

This is at least a somewhat honest assessment of Wilson’s value but the Caps still hang up the phone. Ehlers is a great winger, and he brings speed and scoring above what Wilson brings. But Wilson is no slouch in those areas. He is fast and has good enough hands to add value to that line. Plus, you just cannot replace his ability to absolutely batter opponents’ defense during the playoffs. That’s before we even talk about the intimidation factor and penalty killing.

As much as Caps fans like me are truly lucky to have a player like Ovechkin; we are also fortunate to have a perfectly constructed line. You really can’t do much better than Ovi-Kuznetsov-Wilson when you factor in all aspects of the game. Second best line in the league, IMO (Boston). That’s why I consider Wilson untoucable. He’s more than just a player in a vacuum. He lets Kuzy be Kuzy. He wins board battles. He makes people think twice before doing any nonsense. I love that line.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
This is at least a somewhat honest assessment of Wilson’s value but the Caps still hang up the phone. Ehlers is a great winger, and he brings speed and scoring above what Wilson brings. But Wilson is no slouch in those areas. He is fast and has good enough hands to add value to that line. Plus, you just cannot replace his ability to absolutely batter opponents’ defense during the playoffs. That’s before we even talk about the intimidation factor and penalty killing.

As much as Caps fans like me are truly lucky to have a player like Ovechkin; we are also fortunate to have a perfectly constructed line. You really can’t do much better than Ovi-Kuznetsov-Wilson when you factor in all aspects of the game. Second best line in the league, IMO (Boston). That’s why I consider Wilson untoucable. He’s more than just a player in a vacuum. He lets Kuzy be Kuzy. He wins board battles. He makes people think twice before doing any nonsense. I love that line.
I agree with everything you said. He is a one of a kind player thats for sure and if I was the Caps GM I would turn it down as well. We once had a very similar one of a kind guy in Dustin Byfuglien, and once you have that type you hold onto him.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Zero chance he’s available. Washington is still trying to win and they are motivated to take the strength of the team around Ovechkin. It would take a stupid overpay that also makes the team better now. As they wouldn’t consider a heavy futures package.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Biggest challenge would be making the salary cap work for the package it would take to acquire him. He is so wicked, oilers would probably trade McDavid, drai and nurse for him, but it’s not a video game and the cap won’t work

Last edited:

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
They would win for sure. Can you see someone giving a hit on Tavares or Matthews when Wilson is on ice?

That’s a terrible example. Ian Cole can’t fight.

Wilson is unique and incredibly valuable because he can actually play hockey too. Has Wilson ever fought anyone who can fight like Reeves?

edit: I found a fight with Reeves but not much happened. Either way Caps should get something good for him. I’m sure lots of teams would happy to have him out of the East.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I would give Gallagher + Caufield for Wilson any time
Gallagher is spent - not worth what you think he is.

Caufield likely never will be worth what you think he is.

You win with Tom Wilson’s.
You get to replace your GM, AGM, and SVP Public Relations with Gallagher’s and Caufield’s.

It is what it is.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
That’s a terrible example. Ian Cole can’t fight.

Wilson is unique and incredibly valuable because he can actually play hockey too. Has Wilson ever fought anyone who can fight like Reeves?

edit: I found a fight with Reeves but not much happened. Either way Caps should get something good for him. I’m sure lots of teams would happy to have him out of the East.
Wilson’s fought basically everyone in the League who will oblige. Your argument is as weak as your understanding.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

You get to replace your GM, AGM, and SVP Public Relations with Gallagher’s and Caufield’s.

It is what it is.

Just wanted to follow-up. Habs fans absolutely make me want to pile-on but if I’m being honest I’d take Gallagher (and Caufield) on the Caps. I wouldn’t trade anything around Wilson for either but both are Good(Gallagher)/Decent(Caufield) players who can be pieces in the right scenario. Mtl is just not the right scenario for anyone R/N.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021

It is what it is.[/QUOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad