Value of: Tom Wilson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Sad? His reputation as a destroyer is a primary part of what makes him irreplaceable

Wrong. If he was just an average player no team with put up with his constant dirty hits and plays. The reason the Caps put up with it is because he’s actually a good hockey player.

If Nic Dowd committed as many illegal checks and got the suspensions Wilson did then the Caps wouldn’t have him on the team.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I have to admit, when he signed that contract I thought it was a bad move. Boy is he proving me wrong by being a top 3 power forward in the league IMO

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Wilson is the last dinosaur left after the meteor hit. I would love to see what he would be if he had to lock up with Tony Twist,Marty McSorley, Bob Probert, or Joe Kocur level guys. There's literally about 100 players that would shine their shoes with Wilson's jersey with him in it. He's lucky he plays in the era he does.

I mean this goes both ways, no? The players you're referring to wouldn't last in today's NHL, which is about speed and skill more than toughness. Not to mention there's a lot fewer players willing to drop gloves and much stricter penalties/suspensions.

For what Wilson does in today's NHL, not many guys out there do it, he'd be very expensive to acquire.

Reactions: Kalopsia

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I have to admit, when he signed that contract I thought it was a bad move. Boy is he proving me wrong by being a top 3 power forward in the league IMO

Its easy to be sold by a reputation. Most Caps fans knew it was a good contract at the worst.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Wilson is the last dinosaur left after the meteor hit. I would love to see what he would be if he had to lock up with Tony Twist,Marty McSorley, Bob Probert, or Joe Kocur level guys. There's literally about 100 players that would shine their shoes with Wilson's jersey with him in it. He's lucky he plays in the era he does.

Wilson is also a PPG powerforward that plays in the first line. How many other players can do the same?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Just out of curiosity what would he get? He must be one of the most unique players in the league.

Don't like dirt ass players . So I wouldn't want him on the Oilers even if he would make a difference , especially when Tkachuk starts his dirty shit . Even so Tom Wilson tries to hurt other players intentionally and there no place in the game for that .

On a side note , I don't think Tkachuk tries to injury other players like Wilson does .

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
You’re right clearly they’re not interested in winning.
Check their record. Their idea of asset management is clearly different than yours and others that say Wilson is “untouchable” or would only be traded for a a few players league wide.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Check their record. Their idea of asset management is clearly different than yours and others that say Wilson is “untouchable” or would only be traded for a a few players league wide.
Where are the Capitals in this equation? And how much has Ryan Reaves contributed to the Rangers being where they are in the Standings? Good, good now do Tom Wilson.

Oh and you could pause to stop being dense.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Don't like dirt ass players . So I wouldn't want him on the Oilers even if he would make a difference , especially when Tkachuk starts his dirty shit . Even so Tom Wilson tries to hurt other players intentionally and there no place in the game for that .

On a side note , I don't think Tkachuk tries to injury other players like Wilson does .
Depends on your definition of dirty. He doesn't slew foot or crosscheck or slash or sucker punch or any other cheap stuff away from the play but he will run you the f*** over and he does cross the line some times doing that. I'd rather have the latter than the former.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Where are the Capitals in this equation? And how much has Ryan Reaves contributed to the Rangers being where they are in the Standings? Good, good now do Tom Wilson.

Oh and you could pause to stop being dense.
Where did I say anything about the Capitols record? I clearly stated Rags nor did I compare Wilson to Reaves but rather made a point they acquired “grit”, get off your high horse & rebuttal my actual statement.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Start with the package Buffalo got for Eichel and then add, and then add some more and keep adding. Wilson isn't going anywhere.

FlyersFanSinceBirth

Jul 1, 2010
Capitals would rightfully want more than anyone would be willing to give. If he was available for any kind of reasonable price there would be at least 20 teams calling. Unfortunately, he's going nowhere.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Maybe not the king but damn sure more than the joker.

I don't think anyone is untouchable but I also wouldn't want to be GMBM at that press conference either.

Ovechkin is untouchable. Many to most of the rest of the players are untouchable for any kind of a reasonable cost. No chance the Caps trade Wilson

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Capitals would rightfully want more than anyone would be willing to give. If he was available for any kind of reasonable price there would be at least 20 teams calling. Unfortunately, he's going nowhere.

Just think of how many tickets he sells on the road to people coming to the game to hate on him and trash talk him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tom Wilson tries to hurt other players intentionally and there no place in the game for that .

This is where attempts to mind read player's intent is really a creation of your own bias. NHL players hit to hurt. Certainly the big hitters are hitting to bring the pain. Enough pain that a player will look over their shoulder or give up the puck too early or wear or break down from the pounding. Intimidation. You know. Dont cross thru the center of the ice. Keep your head up. This is ALL because good NHL players have been able to put you in the hospital. Ask Gordie Howe. I will provide one video example. This guy is hitting to destroy. Not injure but certainly to hurt. Tell me the second hit wasnt to deliver pain.

Reactions: JKG33

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I've always said, could you imagine Wilson on a line with McDavid or Drai? Or even better stack them and run Drai-McDavid-Wilson.

That being said, he fits very well on the Caps with their identity, and isn't being moved.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Last night was great example of Wilson. A nice goal and took out Bobrovski too after that and no-one from Panthers could do anything about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad