Confirmed with Link: Tim Murray Leaving for Buffalo

• Thread starter TheOriginalSilf*
  • Start date
  • PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

John Holmes*

Shots fired:

"Ownership allows you to do your job and spend money when the time is right." Tim Murray on why the #Sabres job was attractive.

You mean like locking up guys like Spezza, Heatley, Anderson, Karlsson, Cowen, Greening, or even Alfredsson until his 40's?

Or do you mean a different kind of "spending money when the time is right"?

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
Fine, another top4 d-man then. Money can solve problems; sure we might waste it - but its another asset to be used that most other teams have that we don't.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevi...ce-right-now-everyone-can-be-traded/157/57060

Here are a few statements from earlier:

"I've had many rebuilds in my career, I was a GM for 23 years, rebuilt a lot of teams, this is going to be fun." -Craig Patrick

"I'm fairly aggressive guy and not afraid to make a mistake." -Tim Murray.

"I see a lot of good people in the organization and a lot of good things happening." -Tim Murray

"You build a team through the draft. Good drafting allows you to trade well...you use free agency to put you over the top." - Tim Murray

"This team is in last place right now; everyone can be traded." -Tim Murray

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Kevi...ce-right-now-everyone-can-be-traded/157/57060

Here are a few statements from earlier:

"I've had many rebuilds in my career, I was a GM for 23 years, rebuilt a lot of teams, this is going to be fun." -Craig Patrick

"I'm fairly aggressive guy and not afraid to make a mistake." -Tim Murray.

"I see a lot of good people in the organization and a lot of good things happening." -Tim Murray

"You build a team through the draft. Good drafting allows you to trade well...you use free agency to put you over the top." - Tim Murray

"This team is in last place right now; everyone can be traded." -Tim Murray

Second last quote is so ****in simple and why the muckler vs murray debates were so god damn stupid

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Glad he took shots at Melnyk, maybe a public shaming is what he needs to open the pursestrings and keep his nose out of the hockey side.

Loving Tim's gusto there saying they suck, we can trade anyone. Our current Murray could have used some of that after the Cup finalist team regressed, we might be in contention right now.

Ah well, positive from this is that Dorion is pretty smart and maybe Melnyk finally wakes up...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Glad he took shots at Melnyk, maybe a public shaming is what he needs to open the pursestrings and keep his nose out of the hockey side.

Loving Tim's gusto there saying they suck, we can trade anyone. Our current Murray could have used some of that after the Cup finalist team regressed, we might be in contention right now.

Ah well, positive from this is that Dorion is pretty smart and maybe Melnyk finally wakes up...

our current murray could have used everything tim murray is. we got stuck with the loser murray unfortunately. timmy is perfect. he won't stop till they win it all. look out. (serious)

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Love that shot he took at Melnyk. Alfie was probably thinking the same thing. Man, I just hate Eugene.
I think the time is right to make some moves to put this team over the top, it's too bad the time's just gonna pass by this budget time.
Tim being on the inside was clearly aware of it and made a choice.
He's got the right attitude to build a winner and Buffalo's giving him a legitimate chance to do it.

Berserker*

Well it's too bad that we lost Tim Murray. I felt like he would have been a good GM in Ottawa and probably would have made the necessary moves to get us over the top. I kind of get the impression that Bryan Murray is way too nice of a guy and at times he lets his loyalty/affection for his players to get in the way of making good hockey moves. That is why we haven't seen a trade at this point and that is why players like Condra and Greening are still on this team.

Berserker*

our current murray could have used everything tim murray is. we got stuck with the loser murray unfortunately. timmy is perfect. he won't stop till they win it all. look out. (serious)

This. The impression I get is that Tim Murray cares a lot more about winning than he does players feelings and their families feelings. He seems like the type of manager where their will be real pressure to perform and accountability if players don't.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

If rumors are true, we might not be stuck with him for too much longer. Apparently, Murray has had an extension on his table for a while now but won't sign until he is promised more of a budget.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

if anything B Murray has more drive to win his first cup since he has been waiting so long

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
if anything B Murray has more drive to win his first cup since he has been waiting so long

Tim murray is so far ahead of bm in evaluating and decision making that bm will always look like a loser in comparison. imo
BM has no master plan, no vision,

Last edited by a moderator:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Tim murray is so far ahead of bm in evaluating and decision making that bm will always look like a loser in comparison. imo
BM has no master plan, no vision,

proof?

at the end of the day like Tim Murray just said. BMurray has the final decision on everything and was the one talking to other gms

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad