Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They could have built their arena someplace where land is cheap and plentiful, instead of trying to shoehorn it into a postage stamp property that required tearing down an iconic landmark. Hell, U of M has so much land both the Bombers and Jets could have called it home. Imagine how convenient that would be on days when both are playing at home.
They could have fit a Chi-Chi's in too.:laugh:

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Is there any word if True North plans on maintaining vaccination status for attendance in the fall? Because my guess is the team rarely sells out again if they do.

I doubt it will make any difference. The Bombers ditched the vax requirement this season and they drew fewer to the home opener than they did last season when the vax pass requirement was in effect.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
IMO inflation will do a bit of a number on the CFL Attendance this year as a larger proportion of its tickets are bought by working class and middle class folks than the big-4 pro leagues (NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB)

Moe Mantha

Aug 8, 2008
Winnipeg, MB, CANADA
Are those opportunities to sing the anthem... for... season ticket holders??!

R11drg.gif

Reactions: macmaroon

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
1. Glad they are sticking with 3 Home pre season games instead of 4. Thank you

2. Little pet peeve it's not first annual it's inaugural. Little mistake

3. I'm not sure if Jets hired someone new to do their twitter but it's much better

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
1. Glad they are sticking with 3 Home pre season games instead of 4. Thank you

2. Little pet peeve it's not first annual it's inaugural. Little mistake

3. I'm not sure if Jets hired someone new to do their twitter but it's much better

They've had a new social media person within I think this calendar year at least.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
They've had a new social media person within I think this calendar year at least.

Yes for sure. I follow a few non NHL teams and Jets were the most conservative in their posts. In my opinion it has been much better the last little while

Reactions: SCP Guy

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So in a short time we have gone from:

- multi-year contracts to single season
- Full season tickets only to:

Full Season

Half Season ( upper only )

- 2 pre-season 21 regular season

Quarter Season ( upper only )

- Weekender 1 pre-season 10 regular
- True North 1 pre-season 10 regular
- Weekday Saver 0 pre-season 11 regular *
- Rivalry 1 pre-season 10 regular *

* Slightly cheaper of the 4 quarter season packs

Given how hard it is to find people to share seats with or sell to, it's nice to have some options now.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Yes for sure. I follow a few non NHL teams and Jets were the most conservative in their posts. In my opinion it has been much better the last little while

Not sure how long she's been on the beat, but apparently Jets social media is handled by Katie Macleod.

Here's her post on her personal account this morning.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Just got this from that U of M study I participated in last season.

Study Objectives: The goal of the Jets Fan Experiences Study was to learn about the experiences of Winnipeg Jets fans and how being a Jets fan affects people’s lives.

Methods: In this study, 418 Jets fans completed 3 online surveys throughout the 2021-2022 NHL Season. Each survey asked fans to report how they felt about being a Jets fan and their fan experiences throughout the season.

Preliminary Results and Implications: Our preliminary analyses revealed 3 key findings. First, levels of passion for being a Jets fan decreased over the course of the season. This finding is interesting because, unlike emotional experiences, passion represents a relationship with an activity that is more central to people’s identities. Second, fans with high levels of obsessive passion at the start of the season reported feeling more negative feelings while watching the Jets play at the end of the season. This result supports the idea that supporting a team with high obsessive passion can lead to maladaptive outcomes. Finally, fans with high levels of harmonious passion felt more positive feelings while watching the Jets play and were more satisfied with their social life throughout the season. These results build on previous research showing that there are many advantages to supporting a team with high harmonious passion. We plan to conduct additional analyses and publish the results in academic journals.

For some reason, they seem to have ignored the cynical apathy that I contributed to the study. Puts a big asterisk on the findings, if you ask me. :nod:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
After two years without being allowed in the building, I am unlikely to buy in for a while. This followed a season where their ticket app drove me nuts and prompted me to sell off my share of the ticket package.

Reactions: Buffdog and Larabee

rkp

Mar 31, 2011

Study Objectives: The goal of the Jets Fan Experiences Study was to learn about the experiences of Winnipeg Jets fans and how being a Jets fan affects people’s lives.

Methods: In this study, 418 Jets fans completed 3 online surveys throughout the 2021-2022 NHL Season. Each survey asked fans to report how they felt about being a Jets fan and their fan experiences throughout the season.

Preliminary Results and Implications: Our preliminary analyses revealed 3 key findings. First, levels of passion for being a Jets fan decreased over the course of the season. This finding is interesting because, unlike emotional experiences, passion represents a relationship with an activity that is more central to people’s identities. Second, fans with high levels of obsessive passion at the start of the season reported feeling more negative feelings while watching the Jets play at the end of the season. This result supports the idea that supporting a team with high obsessive passion can lead to maladaptive outcomes. Finally, fans with high levels of harmonious passion felt more positive feelings while watching the Jets play and were more satisfied with their social life throughout the season. These results build on previous research showing that there are many advantages to supporting a team with high harmonious passion. We plan to conduct additional analyses and publish the results in academic journals.

For some reason, they seem to have ignored the cynical apathy that I contributed to the study. Puts a big asterisk on the findings, if you ask me. :nod:
skewing the results!?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So in a short time we have gone from:

- multi-year contracts to single season
- Full season tickets only to:

Full Season

Half Season ( upper only )

- 2 pre-season 21 regular season

Quarter Season ( upper only )

- Weekender 1 pre-season 10 regular
- True North 1 pre-season 10 regular
- Weekday Saver 0 pre-season 11 regular *
- Rivalry 1 pre-season 10 regular *

* Slightly cheaper of the 4 quarter season packs

Given how hard it is to find people to share seats with or sell to, it's nice to have some options now.

These are all important developments in the face of decreased demand.

Reactions: Guardian17

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Most people with cynical apathy about something don’t usually spend a large percentage of their waking time talking about something they are cynically apathetic about. They usually move on to something they care about.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
These are all important developments in the face of decreased demand.
The original passion was bound to dissipate over time. It makes sense that when demand drops to give your customers more options that appeal to them as consumers. The question for is Winnipeg a big enough market it an undesirable location to support the highest level of professional sports over the long term? Fans seem to expect there only to be good times, which is unrealistic in a salary cap league. Will they support a team through the down times? If we do end up rebuilding after next season we are likely looking at at 5-7 years losing far more than we win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad