Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'd love to get season tickets again but I think there are a lot of people around my age (firmly millennial) who did have tickets but gave them up for a lot of reasons - group members dropped out, committing to going to 10+ games or not being able to sell in the dwindling re-sale market got harder. I have two small kids now who have their own activities many nights a week. I think I'd get them again in the future when the kids are a bit older and more self sufficient.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
One thing kind of lost in the shuffle is the Rangers are an original 6 team. They usually have fairly good representation for fans at the game. They didn't do much to boost the attendance numbers.
Wheeler return too

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd love to get season tickets again but I think there are a lot of people around my age (firmly millennial) who did have tickets but gave them up for a lot of reasons - group members dropped out, committing to going to 10+ games or not being able to sell in the dwindling re-sale market got harder. I have two small kids now who have their own activities many nights a week. I think I'd get them again in the future when the kids are a bit older and more self sufficient.

As a “hey boomer “ with 15 and 11 year old kids (growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional “Gin quote”) I agree on the systemic challenge of being a season ticket holder while you have kids in sports/activities. The challenge is you do your ticket draft with your fellow seat holders in the fall before the first NHL game, then you get all your kids schedules for Hockey, Volleyball, fill in the blanks about a month later and then you are scrambling. Most of the time I would have at least 30%-40% conflict with my NHL inventory and kids schedules.

It works better for me to get my kids schedules then aquire NHL tickets. I just committed to Box inventory yesterday for this season that I am going to use for company perks (accepting Mark’s challenge for businesses to step up). Now this is still buying tickets off friends with box seats so it’s more of a resale but its not allot different than having seat partners anyways. This will probably be my biggest financial commitment ticket wise after taking two seasons off when I didn’t renew my season tickets after 10 years.

We’ll see how it works out but I wanted to get back in the game this season. When I let the season tickets lapse my company was shut down (Covid) and I always said I would buy as many tickets just more free range. Well as it turns out talk is cheap and I didn’t buy many tickets so I am taking a different approach this season and finally walking my previously self deceiving talk.

Hopefully they win a game or two that I am at.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Buddy and I have re-upped for 12 games with another group. The original guys we were with from the beginning went from 4 seats down to 2 down to zippo. We were left high and dry, but my buddy got us in with another acquaintance...so we are cool for now. Stayed in P3 grouping, but no longer in attack zone x 2.

Retirement may be on the horizon, so that may make a difference... will see how this all works going forward!

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've had my season tickets since the beginning, but because I've been extremely busy with work to the point I haven't had time for the Jets, my work has been buying a lot of my tickets from me.

I have yet to have gone to a game this year. Kind of sad, but at least I found a way to keep my season tickets without forfeiting them. I was on the fence with it.

rluck135

May 21, 2012
Winnipeg
Noticed that the Jets sent out an email about the No Fees Flash Sale that is starting today. When I went to look for some seats to the Nov 11 game against Dallas it appears they are more expensive (standard tickets not resale) than when I looked a few days ago. Anyone able to confirm the single game pricing?

• Wow
Reactions: macmaroon

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Noticed that the Jets sent out an email about the No Fees Flash Sale that is starting today. When I went to look for some seats to the Nov 11 game against Dallas it appears they are more expensive (standard tickets not resale) than when I looked a few days ago. Anyone able to confirm the single game pricing?

Way more expensive, I bought my tickets pre-sale for $128 and now the same section is $151.

Nice scam by the Jets.

$128 x 2 + $4.75 = $260.75

$151 x 2 = $302

So their promotion is costing customers an extra $41.25. Not sure Mark Chipman knows what a promotion or sale is.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Way more expensive, I bought my tickets pre-sale for $128 and now the same section is $151.

Nice scam by the Jets.

$151 x 2 = $302

So their promotion is costing customers an extra $41.25. Not sure Mark Chipman knows what a promotion or sale is.

I have P3's for Nashville for $115 on FansFirst. Buy 'em while they are hot!

Last year everything I sold on that site went, even if I had to drop the price a bit closer to game time. Haven't sold anything this year, even when pricing them at a loss.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Nice scam by the Jets.

$151 x 2 = $302

But there are no fees, so you can feel good about donating that extra cost to support a struggling True North charity (aka the Jets) instead of Ticket Master. :sarcasm:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
As a “hey boomer “ with 15 and 11 year old kids (growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional “Gin quote”) I agree on the systemic challenge of being a season ticket holder while you have kids in sports/activities. The challenge is you do your ticket draft with your fellow seat holders in the fall before the first NHL game, then you get all your kids schedules for Hockey, Volleyball, fill in the blanks about a month later and then you are scrambling. Most of the time I would have at least 30%-40% conflict with my NHL inventory and kids schedules.

It works better for me to get my kids schedules then aquire NHL tickets. I just committed to Box inventory yesterday for this season that I am going to use for company perks (accepting Mark’s challenge for businesses to step up). Now this is still buying tickets off friends with box seats so it’s more of a resale but its not allot different than having seat partners anyways. This will probably be my biggest financial commitment ticket wise after taking two seasons off when I didn’t renew my season tickets after 10 years.

We’ll see how it works out but I wanted to get back in the game this season. When I let the season tickets lapse my company was shut down (Covid) and I always said I would buy as many tickets just more free range. Well as it turns out talk is cheap and I didn’t buy many tickets so I am taking a different approach this season and finally walking my previously self deceiving talk.

Hopefully they win a game or two that I am at.
Once when all three of my kids were playing hockey, I made the mistake of counting how many combined ice times they had one month... it was 55. Of course there were some conflicts and overlaps, so I couldn't be at all of them.

The last thing I wanted to do when I wasn't at a hockey rink was go to another hockey rink, including MTS Centre (as it was called at rhe time). I stopped playing hockey with my buddies for the same reason

I think it's a valid point to say that some of the young professionals who had some disposable income in 2011 got married and had families and are finding themselves in that kind of spot... and for whatever reason, there seems to be no young professionals with disposable income stepping up behind them to commit to tickets

Reactions: ps241

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I was surprised when I heard about the resale market for Flames tickets. As low as $8 for seats in the 3rd deck. I know it's the 3rd deck but still...
1699044964846.png

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Even Cjob is having ads on the radio trying to get companies to advertise to do with the Jets

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

5. Shame that the Winnipeg Jets — firmly in a playoff spot and dressing one of the NHL's goal-scoring leaders, Kyle Connor — are struggling at the gate.

The Jets are averaging 11,874 fans per home game and the Canada Life Centre is 79.1 per cent full.

Only the horrid San Jose Sharks (73.8 per cent) are having a more difficult time packing them in.

League sources point to 2011, when Winnipeg took over the Atlanta Thrashers, as an explanation for the current attendance issue in a depressed economy.

The bring-back-the-Jets movement sold 1,870 season ticket packages to Manitoba Moose loyalists, then another 8,000 to the public within two hours of going on sale.

What was a feel-good story at the time — regular working folk putting down hard-earned money to see live NHL hockey — has had a negative effect over time.

Too great of a portion of the ticket buyers were individuals, not corporations. Individuals fall on hard times or grow old or eventually wish to spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere.

Companies are more likely to renew their tickets.

Not enough corporate investment, the league believes, is the root of the Jets' attendance woes now.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Good Cyber Monday ticket deal from the Jets. $50 single seats for the Columbus game. But that's not the real attraction... buying a pair opens up $50 seats for several otherwise ludicriously overpriced games against Original Six opponents including the Leafs game, where tickets start at nearly $200 a pop on Ticketmaster. Would be nice for there to be some actual Jets fans at that game...

RZTXelWgJZBDEX7BlRjcLQ0eN3mUh6UaD3Q51afsi0_gAHDv5fdyRjTW3ung2gohx5mX5GmIH9fEp41SvZMCVJrycZMfeCma8y_E82bQpyfoUveLsWU8jpfn95FLge-Q1-iFCKyEUZDqDbGnvMw9dq0qKy7nkR-26_9bdn7CEaUT6eTRn2Dcoi3A5TS7f-QTLUyleg926VTjuaBhEJFyirdbFZKGSiomF1AvOIIoev_mN9Yc7a-udR0YH7eaig=s0-d-e1-ft

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good Cyber Monday ticket deal from the Jets. $50 single seats for the Columbus game. But that's not the real attraction... buying a pair opens up $50 seats for several otherwise ludicriously overpriced games against Original Six opponents including the Leafs game, where tickets start at nearly $200 a pop on Ticketmaster. Would be nice for there to be some actual Jets fans at that game...

RZTXelWgJZBDEX7BlRjcLQ0eN3mUh6UaD3Q51afsi0_gAHDv5fdyRjTW3ung2gohx5mX5GmIH9fEp41SvZMCVJrycZMfeCma8y_E82bQpyfoUveLsWU8jpfn95FLge-Q1-iFCKyEUZDqDbGnvMw9dq0qKy7nkR-26_9bdn7CEaUT6eTRn2Dcoi3A5TS7f-QTLUyleg926VTjuaBhEJFyirdbFZKGSiomF1AvOIIoev_mN9Yc7a-udR0YH7eaig=s0-d-e1-ft
And the organization wonders why season ticket holders are leaving in droves. It now costs approximately twice as much to attend games as a season ticket holder than a price conscious fan buying game tickets on deals like this and game day discounts.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And the organization wonders why season ticket holders are leaving in droves. It now costs approximately twice as much to attend games as a season ticket holder than a price conscious fan buying game tickets on deals like this and game day discounts.
Season ticket holders will still be the only ones getting discounted pricing for all the playoff games we'll have for our inexorable march to Stanley Cup victory. ;)

And if those droves of STH were leaving so they could take advantage of all these "deals", then surely the arena would still be full every night, n'est-ce pas? I still think years of mediocrity on the ice and the belief by True North for too long that STH are easily replaceable has created widespread disinterest. Once a juggernaut gets rolling, it's not easy to stop and change direction. We are no longer a hockey mad market. It is quite possible we never were. Just a few thousand people who nostalgically romanticized the 1.0 era, and got caught up in all the hoopla of 5/31/2011.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad