Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Our seats were $16,036 this current season and $16,704 for next year (we are not renewing after 11 years and recouping our deposit). Ticket rep sarcastically argued with me (great customer service for a long term P1 STH) that our increase wasn’t 4%, which added to my frustration with them and told me I was lying. I have my invoice from last year ($16,036) and the bill for the pleasure of renewing next year ($16,704). They are confusing people by using your own deposit to make the increase look smaller and also messing with reimbursed games to make the increases look smaller. Your have to look at full cost this year and full cost next year.
Wow that's alot of money, how many seats is that for? All i know is the Dude could buy alot of new rugs with that and White Russian's. :laugh:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Can confirm people on the waiting list were offered a choice of a free ticket/tickets to either Seattle or the Philly game.
Our group has sunk close to $200000 in ticket costs over 11 seasons and never been given such a "reward" as a free ticket(s). In fact. the promised perk/reward that was to have arived after Jets Rewards was cancelled has yet to arrive.

We still have a waitlst? What is the waitlist for? where in the building are tickets not available resulting in a waitlist? I am under the understanding that there are only extremely limited pockets in the lower bowl where seats are unavailable. Are they waiting for Suites, Loge. Budweiser Club? a certain row and section?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
2 seats, and you are right, that $ is better spent elsewhere!

I think one of the areas they are going to struggle on is with renewals for the P1‘s. Are they dropping the 5 year commitment now at least? I know they will have some good news for P1’s in the Bud Lounge area as they are working on enhancing the experience for that group. Either way after this past season’s product the selling is going to be harder. Many I know are in it through thick and thin…….many I know are not. Most say they will go to games still but don’t want to f*** around trying to sell tickets anymore so they are out on the season ticket gig.

I believe we are moving fully into the post honeymoon era where we find out what TNSE is about. Do they have the chin to eat losses in bad years? More importantly this is where we find out what the Jets fans are all about and if we are in fact an NHL city that is willing to support an NHL team in good times but also in hard times. I love live NHL hockey and I will continue to attend games but I am also busy with kids activities so I am pretty limited.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
2 seats, and you are right, that $ is better spent elsewhere!
Are you still going to get out to games post season ticket holder era or are you done completely? (Not passing judgment just curious).

Monty9

Jul 5, 2021
Are you still going to get out to games post season ticket holder era or are you done completely? (Not passing judgment just curious).
Prior to telling our ticket rep we were done with ST, we were open to a half season or possibly another full year. I sent an email outlining the things that annoyed us. The rep read me a negative and sarcastic response (I expect written by someone in marketing) to each of my points. Not even a thank-you for the many years of being a STH. That was it for me, I won’t buy a single ticket next year. The org has a lot of staff entitlement to overcome. If/when the org treats paying fans better, we would think about coming back. I write this in all my surveys.

han316

Feb 6, 2013
Didn't renew after 8 years and i'm very happy with that decision. Simply no perks to being a season ticket holder, it's honestly embarrassing. Went to one game this year (free ticket) and noticed that the concessions were even more lackluster, with of course an increase in price. The on ice product this year doesn't help. If Arizona can survive why can't we? True North is gouging it's fan base and took full advantage of them but the magic has disappeared and with it their season ticket holders.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Prior to telling our ticket rep we were done with ST, we were open to a half season or possibly another full year. I sent an email outlining the things that annoyed us. The rep read me a negative and sarcastic response (I expect written by someone in marketing) to each of my points. Not even a thank-you for the many years of being a STH. That was it for me, I won’t buy a single ticket next year. The org has a lot of staff entitlement to overcome. If/when the org treats paying fans better, we would think about coming back. I write this in all my

As a fan who wants the Jets to remain viable in Winnipeg for the long term your post is painful to read.

I know TNSE started their journey out with pretty extreme demand and yes a line up of people willing to step in to take the seats of fans wanting out. Unfortunately that can lead to some bad habits in any business. Your story isn’t isolated so that is not a great sign.

Empty seats can be humbling for any business and I think Mark is very aware of this possibility and obviously his sense of urgency has not trickled down to every employee.

Last edited:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
I have no interest in contributing money to a "Save the Jets" campaign down the road. To help prevent that, I will be contributing to a "Watch the Jets Live" campaign by purchasing tickets next year and every year to come.

Even the drama and simple hope for future success, enhance my winters in Manitoba.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Our group has sunk close to $200000 in ticket costs over 11 seasons and never been given such a "reward" as a free ticket(s). In fact. the promised perk/reward that was to have arived after Jets Rewards was cancelled has yet to arrive.

We still have a waitlst? What is the waitlist for? where in the building are tickets not available resulting in a waitlist? I am under the understanding that there are only extremely limited pockets in the lower bowl where seats are unavailable. Are they waiting for Suites, Loge. Budweiser Club? a certain row and section?
I don't know. I think there was still an option to remain on the waitlist even with tickets becoming available in several spots. My Dad would have just gone for the cheapest tickets available, but when the ticket rep called prior to the 2021-22 beginning he didn't even bother asking to see what was available, he just said no...and he didn't pay that annual $100 non-refundable fee to remain on the waiting list either. And yet they still sent an email almost 2 weeks ago, saying he had the option to get two free tickets to either the Philly game or the Seattle game (since moved to May 1).

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I don't know. I think there was still an option to remain on the waitlist even with tickets becoming available in several spots. My Dad would have just gone for the cheapest tickets available, but when the ticket rep called prior to the 2021-22 beginning he didn't even bother asking to see what was available, he just said no...and he didn't pay that annual $100 non-refundable fee to remain on the waiting list either. And yet they still sent an email almost 2 weeks ago, saying he had the option to get two free tickets to either the Philly game or the Seattle game (since moved to May 1).

Interesting. Looks like the Jets were attempting to renew his interest in becoming a SSH by giving away free tickets. In my discussions with my rep there are seats available pretty much anywhere in the upper deck but high demand in the lower bowl. The rep didn't specify if the lower bowl demand was for internal seat relocation or new SSH. Up to this point the Jets have given away zero to no free tickets that I have been aware of.

From speaking to some members on this board it would also appear that season tickets can be had pretty much anywhere in the lower bowl so not sure what the rep was talking about.

We "lost" a pair of lower bowl season seats despite trying to keep them. As I have previously mentioned we had 4 tickets in 3 different names. When the group was falling apart for various reasons including medical, the Jets showed little interest in "working" together and adjusting who the primary account holder would be. Thus, we now have just the 2 tickets instead of 4. I never shoud have listened to the Jets's ticket reps suggestion 11 years ago to put put our 4 seats in different group member's names.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Prior to telling our ticket rep we were done with ST, we were open to a half season or possibly another full year. I sent an email outlining the things that annoyed us. The rep read me a negative and sarcastic response (I expect written by someone in marketing) to each of my points. Not even a thank-you for the many years of being a STH. That was it for me, I won’t buy a single ticket next year. The org has a lot of staff entitlement to overcome. If/when the org treats paying fans better, we would think about coming back. I write this in all my surveys.

As a Jets fan, this is extremely disappointing to hear.

This is not the first time I have heard from STH's and Vendors who have dealt with True North.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Sad part is True North is the only one who can’t possibly lose in the long run… They are sitting on an unrealized gain of a few hundred million dollars. If people stop supporting the team because they suck or they don’t feel loved TNSE can just flip it for a fortune (they won’t sit tight losing millions year after year)…. Oh wait Bettman will do everything to keep the Jets in Winnipeg like he is doing for Arizona! Hahahahaha

Last edited:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I am still on the waiting list, only reason though was for the first chance at playoff tickets if they made a deep run, which obviously isn’t happening now.

Still planning on getting at the very least a half season for next year but if I don’t I won’t be renewing the wait list. Even playoff tickets weren’t that tough to get on the seat exchange for the 3rd round vs Vegas. Cup final would be a different story but that would be a great problem to have after watching this team this year.

Agree with what people are saying. The Jets need to give more benefit to SHHs. I’ve been able to buy tickets below what I was quoted for season tickets in almost every section on the seat exchange this year. Will that change if the team is a contender? Maybe. But without more benefits added people might not see a reason to take the commitment.

Autographed jersey draws, shoot to win, maybe back to the points system where you can save for an arena and dressing room tour or meet and greet with player. Anything is better than what they have now.

Does anyone know what the “gift” listed currently is for season ticket holders?

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
too bad you couldnt have gotten hold of chipmans email and sent that to him

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I am still on the waiting list, only reason though was for the first chance at playoff tickets if they made a deep run, which obviously isn’t happening now.

Still planning on getting at the very least a half season for next year but if I don’t I won’t be renewing the wait list. Even playoff tickets weren’t that tough to get on the seat exchange for the 3rd round vs Vegas. Cup final would be a different story but that would be a great problem to have after watching this team this year.

Agree with what people are saying. The Jets need to give more benefit to SHHs. I’ve been able to buy tickets below what I was quoted for season tickets in almost every section on the seat exchange this year. Will that change if the team is a contender? Maybe. But without more benefits added people might not see a reason to take the commitment.

Autographed jersey draws, shoot to win, maybe back to the points system where you can save for an arena and dressing room tour or meet and greet with player. Anything is better than what they have now.

Does anyone know what the “gift” listed currently is for season ticket holders?

In all honesty I don't know, but I've been joking with my buddies that it's probably a leftover signed Tucker Poolman puck.

• Haha
Reactions: JC Numminen

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Sad part is True North is the only one who can’t possibly lose in the long run… They are sitting on an unrealized gain of a few hundred million dollars. If people stop supporting the team because they suck or they don’t feel loved TNSE can just flip it for a fortune (they won’t sit tight losing millions year after year)…. Oh wait Bettman will do everything to keep the Jets in Winnipeg like he is doing for Arizona! Hahahahaha
Let’s give Chipman the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think he is in it to keep them here for the long haul. There are issues that he needs to fix within the organization however I honestly think he will rise to the occasion.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Lots of heavy cynicism within this thread, perhaps not altogether unearned.

Personally I really love live NHL hockey and enjoy attending the games. Its a spectacle. Winnipeg hockey crowds are lit. My children are entering adulthood and I have *WAY* more time and more money to spend.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This year I went to more Jets games than ever (12), and it was mostly a good time, despite the tattered edges on the product. It would be lovely to have the team around for another decade, and would suck to see them gone. I was a much younger person when we lost them the first time (1996) and much more resilient, but even then, and upon their departure, I stopped giving a damn about the NHL almost entirely. Even when the Jets returned it took me a few years to gather interest again - that first departure was brutal. I would hope this doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Do you have a copy of the ticket representative's response? If so, you can use that to make your point more widely known.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Here's an idea that I would implement if I was in Winnipeg and it would apply to me: the fans need to organize. Create a fan union, or a fan group like you have in Europe with soccer. This would allow you to put pressure on the organization and be able to get these snarky emails to the right people. And if TNSE won't help, apply pressure in public in the media

Reactions: Deedog99

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Here's an idea that I would implement if I was in Winnipeg and it would apply to me: the fans need to organize. Create a fan union, or a fan group like you have in Europe with soccer. This would allow you to put pressure on the organization and be able to get these snarky emails to the right people. And if TNSE won't help, apply pressure in public in the media
TNSE did say in their letter to STH’s they would create a season ticket member advisory council. Although, that will be run by TNSE. So, not quite the same as a fan union.

Hustler hinted on WST he might be involved with that.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
TNSE did say in their letter to STH’s they would create a season ticket member advisory council. Although, that will be run by TNSE. So, not quite the same as a fan union.

Hustler hinted on WST he might be involved with that.

Yeah this is a bad idea. It needs to be totally separate of the ownership group, run by the fans.

Reactions: Cypruss

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wondering if Winnipeg's crime ridden downtown and general craphole is scaring off potential ticket buyers?

Seriously who wants to be in downtown Winnipeg at night or at anytime for that matter!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Wondering if Winnipeg's crime ridden downtown and general craphole is scaring off potential ticket buyers?

Seriously who wants to be in downtown Winnipeg at night or at anytime for that matter!
Unless someone figures out a way to turn our downtown into a gated community, they should build the next arena out by Ikea.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad