Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
I'm sure I'm going to sound real stupid in short order here, but is there any reason other than self-interest (i.e. controlling the food/liquor flow) that bars people from re-entry? It seems like the most absolutely arbitrary rule imaginable.
That's pretty much it I think. I have no idea how much revenue they would lose if people left and re-entered between periods or during the game but if I were ownership I'd maybe start to think our beer prices are a bit too high.

I'm sure I'm going to sound real stupid in short order here, but is there any reason other than self-interest (i.e. controlling the food/liquor flow) that bars people from re-entry? It seems like the most absolutely arbitrary rule imaginable.
Has TSNE ever articulated why they have the policy?

Reactions: Cypruss

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It’s because the violinist grew up being a Montreal Symphony Orchestra (MSO) fan and wants to be traded to them. The violinist got mad when the MSO was going to offer sheet music to him, but that never materialized.
You’d think management would trade them before attendees start throwing suit jackets and blazers onto the stage.

Reactions: drumzan

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Wasn't sure where to post this but I have recent moved back to Winnipeg after a long hiatus away. I plan on attending in person games, which I am super excited about, but is there a streaming service that I can watch both home/away Jets games? I used to subscribe to SN and because I did not live in MB it was all good.....but now that I am here I feel like I am going to get local blackouts for home games....

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

"

True North Sports + Entertainment has announced that it is updating its re-entry policy to a no re-entry policy at the MTS Centre during events and hockey games. Starting Sept. 1, 2017, patrons attending any event at the MTS Centre will no longer be allowed to re-enter the arena after exiting. Re-entry exceptions, such as emergencies, childcare or medical reasons, will be determined on a case-by-case basis by event staff and security.

The policy update is part of the 2017 Concourse Renovations Project currently underway at the MTS Centre. “The MTS Centre is one of the last arenas in the NHL to introduce a no re-entry policy,” says Kevin Donnelly, senior vice president of venues and entertainment. “The no re-entry policy will allow us to have greater control of the air temperature year-round as it will eliminate frequent entering and re-entering the building, which currently lets in extremely cold air in the winter months and hot humid air in the summer months. This policy will provide greater air quality and comfort for everyone, and allows us to use less energy in the process.”

The no re-entry policy also provides greater security, eliminating the frequent re-entries to the MTS Centre, plus decreases heavy pedestrian flow from people crossing the streets around the building during games and events. To learn more about the no re-entry policy, please watch the Q&A video with Kevin Donnelly below.

Based on ticket re-entry data collected by True North, the new no re-entry policy will have an impact on approximately 10% of the audience or 1500 patrons who attend Winnipeg Jets home games. Leading to Sept. 1, True North will also have a transition period over the spring and summer to educate patrons about the no-entry policy. True North currently has a no re-entry policy in place at the Burton Cummings Theatre, which has been active for the past 18 months.

True North Sports + Entertainment owns and operates the MTS Centre, Winnipeg Jets (NHL), Manitoba Moose (AHL), MTS Iceplex, and Burton Cummings Theatre. Additionally, True North is currently developing True North Square, a mixed-use development that will be located adjacent to MTS Centre. Committed to community development, True North proudly supports the True North Youth Foundation, the charitable arm of True North and the Winnipeg Jets."

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
How hard might it be to get tickets to the season opener? Are they on sale yet? Trying to book a flight back to Winnipeg around Thanksgiving, and considering sticking around to see that game.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
How hard might it be to get tickets to the season opener? Are they on sale yet? Trying to book a flight back to Winnipeg around Thanksgiving, and considering sticking around to see that game.

Not hard at all, there are tickets floating around on the resale market. Although they are oddly expensive, like 50% higher than the next game three days later vs. the Kings. Not sure if there are that many people on the Panthers bandwagon? Or just really hyped to watch Jets player intros?

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Not hard at all, there are tickets floating around on the resale market. Although they are oddly expensive, like 50% higher than the next game three days later vs. the Kings. Not sure if there are that many people on the Panthers bandwagon? Or just really hyped to watch Jets player intros?
Must be huge Panthers bandwagon. Player intro is pretty much the same presentation since day one.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Home openers always have some sort of prestige attached to them. I'm not sure why but they do.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Wasn't sure where to post this but I have recent moved back to Winnipeg after a long hiatus away. I plan on attending in person games, which I am super excited about, but is there a streaming service that I can watch both home/away Jets games? I used to subscribe to SN and because I did not live in MB it was all good.....but now that I am here I feel like I am going to get local blackouts for home games....
TSN 3 has most of the Jets games. Some on SN and some on CBC (free and on tv/streaming).

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
Good deal for Fan Fest attendees just sent out this morning. Jets ticket + Moose ticket for $60 a pop. Buy before Sunday and get a bonus ticket to the preseason game against Ottawa.

Promo code is WJFANFEST , not sure if it's public or you need a specific link?

Reactions: macmaroon

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Reactions: jetsmooseice

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

It's good that they are acknowledging that a beer other than Budweiser and Molson Canadian exists.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
This is not a thread I have been following so don't know how this point will fit the context.

Last night's game just underscored a season ticket issue. Forcing season ticket holders to pay FULL PRICE for pre-season game tickets erases any financial benefit to buying season tickets. Never mind that last minute promotions also undermine the value of season tickets. That makes them a bad deal right off the top.

Who would want to have paid good money to watch that POS last night? All STH did.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is not a thread I have been following so don't know how this point will fit the context.

Last night's game just underscored a season ticket issue. Forcing season ticket holders to pay FULL PRICE for pre-season game tickets erases any financial benefit to buying season tickets. Never mind that last minute promotions also undermine the value of season tickets. That makes them a bad deal right off the top.

Who would want to have paid good money to watch that POS last night? All STH did.
So, after attending POS regular season games, you will feel better about the money you spent? :laugh:

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights

If that's the case, it appears they haven't learned their lesson.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Season tickets are "graded" into different categories for price. Weekend games against the Leafs are Category A, and pre-seasons are in their own D category (at least they were when I was last an STH).

People have been complaining about this since day one, but hey, go pound sand...there's a waiting list.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So, after attending POS regular season games, you will feel better about the money you spent? :laugh:

:laugh: No. But they will have cost me less. I'll buy one of the promos. Or even at full price they will be less than the ST price because I won't be paying for pre-season games that have to be blended in with the individual game price.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
:laugh: No. But they will have cost me less. I'll buy one of the promos. Or even at full price they will be less than the ST price because I won't be paying for pre-season games that have to be blended in with the individual game price.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were complaining because you were a STH. If you're buying tickets the smart way, good on ya, mate. :thumbu:

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I'm pretty excited that we're just one week away from my last trip home to Winnipeg from calgary. I honestly don't know how often I'll be coming back home when I moved to Cape breton, it's going to be a lot more expensive and time-consuming to fly all the way from the East coast.

It's going to sound soft but I'm sure I will be extremely emotional at the end of the game and especially flying away. Whenever I fly home from Winnipeg I always say see you next time cuz I don't want to say goodbye. Christ. I'm such an emotional man in my 40s.

Reactions: Runforthecup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad