Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I don’t know man… last time I was there I could swear the violinist was mailing it in…. Pissed me off something fierce haha
It’s because the violinist grew up being a Montreal Symphony Orchestra (MSO) fan and wants to be traded to them. The violinist got mad when the MSO was going to offer sheet music to him, but that never materialized.

Last edited:

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Chipman said they lost 3000 season ticket holders because of Covid.

I think it might be a good idea for Chipman to start a counter for how many season ticket holders he is going to lose because Chevy is still the GM.

Winnipeg, we can swallow this giant hair ball of mediocrity. But it takes ALL of us.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I think it might be a good idea for Chipman to start a counter for how many season ticket holders he is going to lose because Chevy is still the GM.

I don't think people will care if Chevy is still the GM, I think they'll care about who's on the ice.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
It’s because the violinist grew up being a Montreal Symphony Orchestra (MSO) fan and wants to be traded to them. The violinist got mad when the MSO was going to offer sheet music to him, but that never materialized.
Was that the same violinist that flew to the orchestra draft in Montreal?

Could harp on about the orchestration behind the shenanigans…

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018

I can think of 3 or 4 other reasons. Not being able to re-enter the building, concession prices, inflation, and in my group's case the game time change from 7:30 to 7:00. We were outside the perimeter and to drive into downtown, grab supper, find parking that extra half hour was nice.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
The bottom line is these Canadian owners are taking fans completely for granted. I've been ringing that alarm for years now and I keep harping on it because it's f***ing true. They just assumed that because it's Canada people will bend over and take it up the tailpipe, that's not the case and you can only draw from the well so far. Calgary, a city over double the size of Winnipeg can't sell out their 17,000 seat building. Ottawa is a disaster. They NHL needs to wake the f*** up and stop abusing the Canadian Market or we're going to have a repeat of the '90s

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
The bottom line is these Canadian owners are taking fans completely for granted. I've been ringing that alarm for years now and I keep harping on it because it's f***ing true. They just assumed that because it's Canada people will bend over and take it up the tailpipe, that's not the case and you can only draw from the well so far. Calgary, a city over double the size of Winnipeg can't sell out their 17,000 seat building. Ottawa is a disaster. They NHL needs to wake the f*** up and stop abusing the Canadian Market or we're going to have a repeat of the '90s

Just stay away from the games for a while. It's amazing how ticket specials and deals pop up as soon as there are a few empty seats in the building.

I swear, Canadian fans still have PTSD from the 90s. Plenty of American teams don't sell out and no one in those markets seems to be losing any sleep over it.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Just stay away from the games for a while. It's amazing how ticket specials and deals pop up as soon as there are a few empty seats in the building.

I swear, Canadian fans still have PTSD from the 90s. Plenty of American teams don't sell out and no one in those markets seems to be losing any sleep over it.
The problem is we always get friends with relocation and American markets don't. The owner is here the greedy perks that they are, Seem to think that we have to take it up the tailpipe and thank them for the opportunity to take our money

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I can think of 3 or 4 other reasons. Not being able to re-enter the building, concession prices, inflation, and in my group's case the game time change from 7:30 to 7:00. We were outside the perimeter and to drive into downtown, grab supper, find parking that extra half hour was nice.
It's those 6:00 or 6:30 weeknight games that reall annoy me. I had to leave work nby 4:00 to make those games. And I'm still angry over digital ticketing with no options available.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I'm sure I'm going to sound real stupid in short order here, but is there any reason other than self-interest (i.e. controlling the food/liquor flow) that bars people from re-entry? It seems like the most absolutely arbitrary rule imaginable.

Reactions: Cypruss

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I'm sure I'm going to sound real stupid in short order here, but is there any reason other than self-interest (i.e. controlling the food/liquor flow) that bars people from re-entry? It seems like the most absolutely arbitrary rule imaginable.
its just another thing that we have to deal with in Canada, because ownership has no respect for their customers in our country. They treat us like chattel.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Only reason was so you couldn't go next door at intermission and grab a 6 dollar beer instead of 10 as far as i can tell.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This simply is not the case. This has to do with safety and security. Stadiums in Europe have the exact same polity. As do the other NHL teams here. Can’t blame this on TNSE.
Ok, what safety and security are you talking about? You would have to go through the metal detector when coming back into the building exactly the same way you entered the building the first time.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
This simply is not the case. This has to do with safety and security. Stadiums in Europe have the exact same polity. As do the other NHL teams here. Can’t blame this on TNSE.
Funny how these "concerns" never existed in the past. Plus the concern they had over ice quality from doors being opened and closed. (A concern which never existed on Maroons Road.)

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
The reason TNSE came up with when they announced the new policy was to control the temperature in the building from the doors opening/closing all the time. Which is complete horse poop.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
It’s a rush to get back as well as disruptive. The opportunity to miss something grows exponentially.

Pretty sure the entire league has the same policy as does most other major leagues across the world. So why are we dumping on TNSE as if it was solely their doing. These policies have been around forever and TNSE was one of the last to implement them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad