Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Plus the building is paid for. Imagine how many tickets you have to sell to recoup on a 1B$ building. Roughly 7 million tickets lol. The math doesn't even work.

Edit ...and that's based on gross revenues. It would be closer to 20 million tickets sales. Obviously I realize tix are only one piece of the equation.

Last edited:

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
Not for jets but for other events I have used stub hub - I’ve found it takes 1-2 days before game day or concert day when they arrive
Yeah im starting to get nervous cause there's no reason to have not received them yet.. aren't all the barcodes already generated? I got games 4 and 6 but I accidently left que for game 3 so I had to go third party..

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Did not see this anywhere but Game 3 Whiteout sold out Game 4 has lots left

Probably due to the late start time Monday

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Yeah im starting to get nervous cause there's no reason to have not received them yet.. aren't all the barcodes already generated? I got games 4 and 6 but I accidently left que for game 3 so I had to go third party..

I’d give it until Wednesday morning still
For example, I grabbed tickets to the San Francisco Giants home opener April 7

I purchased the tickets around March 19 on stub hub but didn’t get the tickets until April 4, or 3 days prior to the game

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

It's up to the seller to send them to you directly, not Gametime/Stubhub - They only provide your email address to them. It really depends on when the deadbeat gets around to doing it. They just have to get it to you before the game starts in order to get paid.

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
I’d give it until Wednesday morning still
For example, I grabbed tickets to the San Francisco Giants home opener April 7

I purchased the tickets around March 19 on stub hub but didn’t get the tickets until April 4, or 3 days prior to the game

Yeah im gonna give it till Thursday. Its just weird cause the barcodes are for sure generated as I have game 4 and 6.

It's up to the seller to send them to you directly, not Gametime/Stubhub - They only provide your email address to them. It really depends on when the deadbeat gets around to doing it. They just have to get it to you before the game starts in order to get paid.

Yeah I just don't understand why they wouldn't send them already if the barcodes are already generated and available to transfer.. why risk forgetting

Reactions: roccerfeller

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I just perused this Atlanta stadium/arena/development page. It's pretty gross. We are taking alot of shots. It 's like 1995 all over again. 2 sold out jets home games will help.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I just perused this Atlanta stadium/arena/development page. It's pretty gross. We are taking alot of shots. It 's like 1995 all over again. 2 sold out jets home games will help.
Who cares what Atlanta or their handful of fans think. The only good thing about Atlanta is they keep supplying teams to Canada. Give ‘em another team. Seven years later they will be moving to Quebec City.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

Just gotta stay away from those threads. There’s some poster from Brooklyn who has no idea what he’s talking about but thinks he does. Not worth the mental drain to hash out on a keyboard when the business reality is not close in the first place to what some of them are saying

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Just gotta stay away from those threads. There’s some poster from Brooklyn who has no idea what he’s talking about but thinks he does. Not worth the mental drain to hash out on a keyboard when the business reality is not close in the first place to what some of them are saying
your right..thanks man.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I'm trying to narrow down a few things to do with my seven-year-old son tomorrow, I didn't realize that we had something neat like the aviation museum. Is it better looking online or do you think they'll be worth the trip? I don't think I'm going to take them to the Human Rights Museum because there's a lot of f***ed up shit there that frankly I'll have to explain to him. So far on my list I have BDI ice cream, and a trip to the Forks. I was was hoping to take him to the stadium and show him around, I asked the media person with the bombers if I could get some sort of access with my son because we're there just for the one day, but the only thing they offered was to open the concourse and have us look around. I get it, I'm not special, but yahoo, I'll pass.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm trying to narrow down a few things to do with my seven-year-old son tomorrow, I didn't realize that we had something neat like the aviation museum. Is it better looking online or do you think they'll be worth the trip? I don't think I'm going to take them to the Human Rights Museum because there's a lot of f***ed up shit there that frankly I'll have to explain to him. So far on my list I have BDI ice cream, and a trip to the Forks. I was was hoping to take him to the stadium and show him around, I asked the media person with the bombers if I could get some sort of access with my son because we're there just for the one day, but the only thing they offered was to open the concourse and have us look around. I get it, I'm not special, but yahoo, I'll pass.

I went to the Aviation Museum with my kids (younger than yours), the bottom line is if he likes planes, he'll like it, if not, it's a pretty boring field trip. They do have a play area and very small video game section and there is a flight tracker thing that's on the second floor that I think is decent.

I know when I was 7 I liked the Planetarium and the Touch the Universe thing in the Museum of man and nature.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

The new aviation museum is interesting, but it's focused very much on the history of aviation which kids can find a bit stale. I don't know what you've heard but the Human Rights Museum doesn't really have any "f***ed up shit" but I still don't think it would be of much interest to a typical seven year old. If you want to go to a museum, the Manitoba Museum or the Children's Museum are much better bets IMO. (Source: I'm a dad)

If your kid likes sports, the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame is a stone's throw from the Manitoba Museum too, that might be marginally interesting although tbh, it will be more of interest to you.

Walking around the concourse at IG Field is going to give you a pretty good view of the place, although I'm not sure it's worth the trip when there's nothing going on, unless your kid is a massive Bomber fan and the building means something to him.

The Forks would be enjoyable. Also, I know these aren't on your list, but something like the zoo or Rec Room might be of interest to a seven year old.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Please expand on "damaging noise levels in the arena."
Yeah, I can attest to the loud PA system where I was sitting the last game I attended. Not faulting TNSE, but I have good hearing, and I left the game with ringing in my ears. It was so loud that I could actually feel the noise.

Mind you, I've been to a few playoff games, and the fan noise has been even louder! Guess I should invest in some earplugs...:sarcasm:

Not complaining, just stating my experience. The speaker was located above my seat, so I guess it was ultimately my fault for picking that seat...:dunno:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah, I can attest to the loud PA system where I was sitting the last game I attended. Not faulting TNSE, but I have good hearing, and I left the game with ringing in my ears. It was so loud that I could actually feel the noise.

Mind you, I've been to a few playoff games, and the fan noise has been even louder! Guess I should invest in some earplugs...:sarcasm:

Not complaining, just stating my experience. The speaker was located above my seat, so I guess it was ultimately my fault for picking that seat...:dunno:
The audio levels at Moose games are awful. Way, way too loud. I’ve only been to a few Jets games recently but I didn’t find it as bad. My guess being because there’s more ambient noise with more fans there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad