OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Bad flu. Worst I've ever experienced. Fever, body aches holy shit. Just had the worst 3/4 days of my life. No covid, just a good Old fashioned flu that pretty much knocked me out for the last 4 days.

Body still hurts.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Bad flu. Worst I've ever experienced. Fever, body aches holy shit. Just had the worst 3/4 days of my life. No covid, just a good Old fashioned flu that pretty much knocked me out for the last 4 days.

Body still hurts.

Ah that sucks, hope you feel better soon!

Had you gotten the flu shot? It seems like there's a ton of stuff going around but it's also that time of the year, every home game this season I can hear someone coughing up a lung. I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick yet myself cause of it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Body still hurts.

Hang in there. I had the worst flu of my life at 27. Fever for about 10 days felt like crap for 2 full weeks. Just brutal. Stay hydrated and keep your temperature stable. Don’t skimp on medication if you have a bad cough or congestion. You want to avoid a secondary infection.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
My worst flu knocked me out for a week when I was 17. Conveniently it was during a weeklong break from school so I got absolutely f***ed in several ways. Thankfully I haven't had an illness be that severe again aside from the first time I had covid, but that only lasted 24 hrs with the peak fever.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Ah that sucks, hope you feel better soon!

Had you gotten the flu shot? It seems like there's a ton of stuff going around but it's also that time of the year, every home game this season I can hear someone coughing up a lung. I'm surprised I haven't gotten sick yet myself cause of it.
No flu shot.

This sucks. I've been sleeping for about 20 hours a day. I sleep, wake, piss, drink some Gatorade, have some chicken broth with saltines then go back to sleep.

It sucks mostly because this is the best part of hunting season there is. The rut is getting going and I'm in bed...I'm strongly contemplating getting up and going in the woods tomorrow morning but I still have 102.6 fever. But who cares, I won't get anyone else sick

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
No flu shot.

This sucks. I've been sleeping for about 20 hours a day. I sleep, wake, piss, drink some Gatorade, have some chicken broth with saltines then go back to sleep.

It sucks mostly because this is the best part of hunting season there is. The rut is getting going and I'm in bed...I'm strongly contemplating getting up and going in the woods tomorrow morning but I still have 102.6 fever. But who cares, I won't get anyone else sick

on the gato train... jack would approve

feel better man

My3Sons

Sponsor
No flu shot.

Please don't push it. A fever of that magnitude is a sign your body is working very hard to fight the flu virus. You don't need to push yourself especially if it is cold outside. If you pass out in the woods who will know? Just take care of yourself until the worst is over.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
There’s something going around here too. My wife, son and I all have something nastier than the usual daycare colds.

Not enough to knock us out for a few days like what Jim has, but definitely slowing us down.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
So there is a new Beatles song coming out tomorrow. Now and Then, which is a reworked John demo that they rescued with modern tech to lift out John's voice and decrease the noise you get on old analog cassette recordings. Probably the last one ever unless Paul lives long enough that Yoko and Olivia are both dead and he can release Carnival of Light. I'm sure you will all be making sure to tune in for the premiere.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
So there is a new Beatles song coming out tomorrow. Now and Then, which is a reworked John demo that they rescued with modern tech to lift out John's voice and decrease the noise you get on old analog cassette recordings. Probably the last one ever unless Paul lives long enough that Yoko and Olivia are both dead and he can release Carnival of Light. I'm sure you will all be making sure to tune in for the premiere.

the 12 minute short is up...gonna watch it

My3Sons

Sponsor
Love Me Do in 1962.

Now and Then in 2023.

More than 60 years apart.

The song is meh. It's what they had to work with. John did have two other unfinished songs that I think are superior. Not sure why Yoko hung onto them. Still, it's a new Beeatles song. Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame did the music video and said that he was given hours of unseen footage to prepare it. I'd like to see this sort of footage released to the extent it is them playing.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
There’s something going around here too. My wife, son and I all have something nastier than the usual daycare colds.

Not enough to knock us out for a few days like what Jim has, but definitely slowing us down.

I've had a cough since 06-Oct.

It was bronchitis. But I still can't shake the cough.

Thanks to my job for requiring everybody in the office be present the exact same 3 days of the week. Except for one bout with covid, I haven't been sick for almost 4 years. 2 weeks back in the office (with everyone else there) and i'm sick. I was going in before, but it wasn't really populated.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Love Me Do in 1962.

Now and Then in 2023.

More than 60 years apart.

The song is meh. It's what they had to work with. John did have two other unfinished songs that I think are superior. Not sure why Yoko hung onto them. Still, it's a new Beeatles song. Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings fame did the music video and said that he was given hours of unseen footage to prepare it. I'd like to see this sort of footage released to the extent it is them playing.

distant vibes of lou reed's perfect day

My3Sons

Sponsor
@My3Sons happy to announce that i have been assigned to NYC again for a two-year post! Ill be arriving in early May, just in time for a deep playoff run :laugh:
I'll alert the belt buckle stores, the bourbon distilleries, the food additive and chemical processing plants, the gun manufacturers, the ten gallon hat haberdasheries, and the polyester clothing makers that you are returning. I'm sure they will print the flag of Finland on all of it, even the pressed salt pork fried fatback, to entice you to buy it with your Euros.

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I'll alert the belt buckle stores, the bourbon distilleries, the food additive and chemical processing plants, the gun manufacturers, the ten gallon hat haberdasheries, and the polyester clothing makers that you are returning. I'm sure they will print the flag of Finland on all of it, even the pressed salt pork fried fatback, to entice you to buy it with your Euros.
Yes, i have an extensive US travel plan already mapped out. I need to visit a Dollar General store, eat plenty of Waffle House and drink every Anheuser-Busch product out there!

My3Sons

Sponsor
Yes, i have an extensive US travel plan already mapped out. I need to visit a Dollar General store, eat plenty of Waffle House and drink every Anheuser-Busch product out there!

You and Nemec can indulge in all the worst of what the US has to offer. Make sure you travel to New Orleans so I can take you out for a good cajun dinner. Very spicy and fried and really unhealthy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

My3Sons

Sponsor
OK, the video for Now and Then is out. It's a bit silly in spots but the technology used to clean up old footage is fantastic so it looks great. It gives tremendous context to the song and makes it much more emotional. Really a fantastic finale as well. I know there are still a small number of things that could be released (there is allegedly a very long version of Helter Skelter and of course Carnival of Light and probably a few extra takes of some songs) but it will never be something new the way this was. Truly the end of an era. I guess it's Taylor Swift's turn now.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
OK, the video for Now and Then is out. It's a bit silly in spots but the technology used to clean up old footage is fantastic so it looks great. It gives tremendous context to the song and makes it much more emotional. Really a fantastic finale as well. I know there are still a small number of things that could be released (there is allegedly a very long version of Helter Skelter and of course Carnival of Light and probably a few extra takes of some songs) but it will never be something new the way this was. Truly the end of an era. I guess it's Taylor Swift's turn now.

Who is the long haired guy playing guitar? Is that supposed to be footage of George when he was still alive? No way he looked that old before he died? That's what I'd imagine him to look like if he were living today.

Or did they pull some CGI age progression to make it look like him if he were still here today?

My3Sons

Sponsor
Who is the long haired guy playing guitar? Is that supposed to be footage of George when he was still alive? No way he looked that old before he died? That's what I'd imagine him to look like if he were living today.

Or did they pull some CGI age progression to make it look like him if he were still here today?

If you mean the guy with the long hair with some of it in a ponytail and scruffy beard playing guitar then yes that was George in 1994.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you mean the guy with the long hair with some of it in a ponytail and scruffy beard playing guitar then yes that was George in 1994.
My god, he looked like he was in his 70s there. He’s not much older in 94 than I am now. Only just a few years. I’d like to think I look nowhere near that bad. And he was even the youngest Beatle.

Ringo doesn’t really age. He doesn’t look like a kid anymore like he did in the 60s, but I feel like he hasn’t aged much in 40 years. You never really see him without his glasses on though. He could have some age under there. And he’s the oldest Beatle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad