OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Nice! Looks nice and heavy too. I eat about 300 of them over the summer. Where do you crab? I have a spot in Pine Beach that's great but it's usually 5.5 to 6.5 there and nothing bigger. Miss having a boat. Lost the boat (and house) in Sandy and moved off the lagoon.

Have you been to The Surfing Crab in Lewes, DE? I used to go to Captain James which is a local spot in Baltimore a few times a year for all you can eat. Really nice setting on the water away from the tourist traps. The Surfing Crab is a bit cheaper, the crabs are much heavier, but it's on a highway. Don't really care much since my daughter and I are pigging out on crabs for 2 hours.
Nice! That’s a lot of crabs. Me and my brother have 4 big hotels we throw out overnight in various spots back behind LBI depending on the time of year. Usually by West creek and north of the bridge to the island. We hand line every now and then too. Those late season ones seem to be packed with meat.

I’ve been through Lewes a million times on the way to Hatteras but never really stopped at any of the restaurants there other than the pizza joint waiting for the ferry.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Nice! That’s a lot of crabs. Me and my brother have 4 big hotels we throw out overnight in various spots back behind LBI depending on the time of year. Usually by West creek and north of the bridge to the island. We hand line every now and then too. Those late season ones seem to be packed with meat.

I’ve been through Lewes a million times on the way to Hatteras but never really stopped at any of the restaurants there other than the pizza joint waiting for the ferry.

Yeah, I know all those spots. I used to crab some on Dock Road. I grew up in Beach Haven West. Definitely check out the Surfing Crab next time your through there. Just need to call ahead to let them know you're coming for all you can eat. Not expensive and the best around. The Lobster House in Cape May is really hit or miss, more miss than hit honestly.

Eating crab is definitely my favorite things to do. Usually boil them in straight Budweiser and put them in the frig before eating or steam them with a lot of J.O. Crab Seasoning #2. Eating soft shelled lobster and $1 buck a shuck oysters right off the boat in Bar Harbor is a close second. Man, soft shell lobsters right off the boat are amazing.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think the state record is 8.75” measured point to point of the shell. That one was around 6” or so but the claws were really big.

I had no idea. I don't have a lot of experience with them, I only have seen the ones my friends have brought home and in the fish market... most of them had a shell about the size of my palm a little bigger than 4''

Reactions: JK3

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You want to see near perfection? Casey Kaufhold... she's from Lancaster PA and currently the #1ranked women the world...just so elegant.

Reactions: Guadana

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
anyone every find a pea crab in an oyster?

Yes, a few every year but very small. I typically find them in Cape May Salts, although I've seen a couple in Blue Points. I prefer oysters from Maine or New England in general but honestly I think I've had one oyster variety I didn't like from the East Coast and I'm not a huge fan of West Coast oysters outside of a few. I used to have a list my daughter and I made over the years while eating oysters that rated oysters 1 through 10 with their flavor profiles but unfortunately I lost it in a move. Still upset about that.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I love this because the Jersey kid upsets the #1 ranked archer. Unfortunately Vijay did not make the team ...she still can be named an alternate but regardless her star is still rising and she still has time to represent the US.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just found this video on YouTube...Some random dude reviewing my clubs course. I designed this 3D course in 2002. It's widely considered one of the best 3D courses on the east coast.

On a side note, the old guy in the green shirt that enters the picture at 1:55 is one of the best archers there is. His name is Pierre and he is just a phenomenal archer

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I just found this video on YouTube...Some random dude reviewing my clubs course. I designed this 3D course in 2002. It's widely considered one of the best 3D courses on the east coast.

On a side note, the old guy in the green shirt that enters the picture at 1:55 is one of the best archers there is. His name is Pierre and he is just a phenomenal archer

My YouTube recommendations changed because of you!
Where is my knights fights now?

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
She was supposed to be on during halftime of the Eagles Dolphins game and I didn't see it ... maybe it was just on a streaming services or something?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Kind of surprised that the Jets HC would venture into my old neighborhood for pizza. It's not a very nice place

Patsy's was my neighborhood place. I could almost throw a rock from my backyard to there

Edit: I just measured on Google maps is about 300 yards...so I can't reach it with a rock :laugh:

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ugh, just awful, always enjoyed his work whenever I watched something he was in...

Man, I watched that Friends in a speed run and thought it was pretty funny even though the humor does get annoying after a while. I know he had his demons but he always seemed like he put a smile on everyone he was around in some sort media light. Apparently he was a huge Sens fan too, sad to see. RIP.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
true or not.....this is big news

I said this over in the entertainment forum on the boards but I've never heard of this person before but this reminds me of the Rachel Dolezal story. Apparently it's way worse though from what I read in that thread.

Reactions: njdevils1982

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I've been away from the board for a few days. I'm back now, and posting from a new house!

We moved our big furniture on Friday, and we're still slowly bringing stuff over and putting things away. Luckily we just moved two towns over so it's not hard to go back and get small items.

It's going to take a while to get used to, but I'm glad that the big move is done. Now we just need to wait for the sale of our old house to close.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I've been away from the board for a few days. I'm back now, and posting from a new house!

We moved our big furniture on Friday, and we're still slowly bringing stuff over and putting things away. Luckily we just moved two towns over so it's not hard to go back and get small items.

It's going to take a while to get used to, but I'm glad that the big move is done. Now we just need to wait for the sale of our old house to close.

Excellent and enjoy the new digs.

Reactions: Saugus

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i bought my first guitar in 1990 or around there... richmond's pawn shop in toronto.

what garbage.

the guitar. not the shop.

(an aside. i bought an amp there month later ...a 1984 fender stage 212. it wasn't ready for sale yet. .... i said how much 'as is' .... it became 300$....i put 150 bucks into the repair and still works fine today...sure is not a tube amp but it's sturdy and sounds great)

///

...the guitar was a cheap ass copy of a les paul... looked like this.... sounded like shit...intonation bad, a f***ing coating that looked like how a thick coating on a candy apple would be

what was i thinking?!!!

Screen Shot 2023-10-11 at 9.24.38 PM.png

i took i apart years ago and had the pieces with many pieces of other many guitars in boxes in a smokehouse....

found the pickups.....typical look like humbuckers. but when opened are cheap ass single coil crap. ...and the pots are all 250k...

oh no ...no..... f*** no.

i hated that guitar... for how shitty it was, how naive i was.

it's ok. i got my revenge.

i rebuilt it proper. i'm real happy with it. i carved the f*** out of it

*many photos and blah blah blah to follow*

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
i bought my first guitar in 1990 or around there... richmond's pawn shop in toronto.

what garbage.

the guitar. not the shop.

(an aside. i bought an amp there month later ...a 1984 fender stage 212. it wasn't ready for sale yet. .... i said how much 'as is' .... it became 300$....i put 150 bucks into the repair and still works fine today...sure is not a tube amp but it's sturdy and sounds great)

///

...the guitar was a cheap ass copy of a les paul... looked like this.... sounded like shit...intonation bad, a f***ing coating that looked like how a thick coating on a candy apple would be

what was i thinking?!!!

View attachment 760681

i took i apart years ago and had the pieces with many pieces of other many guitars in boxes in a smokehouse....

found the pickups.....typical look like humbuckers. but when opened are cheap ass single coil crap. ...and the pots are all 250k...

oh no ...no..... f*** no.

i hated that guitar... for how shitty it was, how naive i was.

it's ok. i got my revenge.

i rebuilt it proper. i'm real happy with it. i carved the f*** out of it

*many photos and blah blah blah to follow*
My first guitar was really bad. I sended 200$ in 2005. There was a cheap floyd rose and it was always dances. Couldn't dray in the tone for a day. I owned good classic guitar and going nuts when tryed to play some stuff with distortion. I didn't understand technique from the beggining and humbuckers didn't work well. When I understanded the technique it wouldn't help to live anyway. At least one good guitar player Mavrin, who is the special guitar player with his own technique) signed this guitar. It made some good memories about this instrument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad