OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Power still isn’t back on at home, I don’t think.

So I’m waiting it out here a couple more days. At least there’s power. My friend has his girlfriend and her daughter that just flew down last night. My dog gave them a warm welcome as they walked through the door at 3:00 AM (they had a several hour flight delay) after I had already fallen asleep. I had to go out there and get the dog under control. She didn’t seem to mind, she works as a vet assistant.

It’s kind of awkward because I don’t know her that well and last night was the first time I’ve seen her in at least 16 years because they were together for years when they were young, and only just got back together recently after almost 16 years apart.

I tend to be really weird and hide in bedrooms and in the back when I get around people I don’t know. And I’m uncomfortable with going to the bathroom (even pissing) or going out to the kitchen for a drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Power still isn’t back on at home, I don’t think.

So I’m waiting it out here a couple more days. At least there’s power. My friend has his girlfriend and her daughter that just flew down last night. My dog gave them a warm welcome as they walked through the door at 3:00 AM (they had a several hour flight delay) after I had already fallen asleep. I had to go out there and get the dog under control. She didn’t seem to mind, she works as a vet assistant.

It’s kind of awkward because I don’t know her that well and last night was the first time I’ve seen her in at least 16 years because they were together for years when they were young, and only just got back together recently after almost 16 years apart.

I tend to be really weird and hide in bedrooms and in the back when I get around people I don’t know. And I’m uncomfortable with going to the bathroom (even pissing) or going out to the kitchen for a drink.
Thank her for being ok with your friend taking you and tell her you are sensitive to intruding on them and you will clear out as soon as you can verify power is on at home. Do something nice for them. Buy lunch or clean the bathroom or get a pie at the store for dessert.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank her for being ok with your friend taking you and tell her you are sensitive to intruding on them and you will clear out as soon as you can verify power is on at home. Do something nice for them. Buy lunch or clean the bathroom or get a pie at the store for dessert.
Here's the deal, I know this is gonna get confusing but bear with me lol.

The place where I am staying at is actually not the place of my friend (he sometimes posted as Cage Helmet on these boards) with the girlfriend and daughter who are visiting for the weekend. He lives like a block over in the same mobile home park with his grandmother. But when his girlfriend comes they've been coming over here for privacy. And there's only 2 bedrooms at his place (one for him and one for his grandmother) and this place has 4 bedrooms. So the little girl can also have her own room with a bed over here. And when you're like 40 years old, you don't have much privacy when grandma is in the next room. It's weird. I know, I lived with my grandmother/grandparents well into adulthood before.

But this place that I'm staying at is actually the place of our mutual friend. The mutual friend is the guy I talked about who is 53 years old and getting ready to have his first child due in March. He's out of town on tour, as he's a touring musician. He wanted to snowbird in Florida and decided to get a place here in this park not long after the other friend moved down here with his grandmother. They're really good friends, we all are. Those two are like brothers, especially since there's like 11 or 12 years between them. I'm almost right in the middle of their ages.

But he'll be on tour until the 23rd of the month I think? And his girlfriend (who is pregnant) still has her own place not too far from here. But when the power was out the other night I would have vacated if hers was out and it wasn't over here. I would have went to the other guy's grandmother's house.

I did do some cleaning here. It's not that the place was dirty, but it was a little dusty because he's been on tour for over a month now. And I'm making sure to take care of the dog hair and all that. They're out for the day going to his friend's pool. They were gonna do the beach, but it's too rough over there and rip currents. They'll be back before the Devils game starts cause I know he wants to watch that. He watches every game.

Sorry if that got confusing haha.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
im doing a 10 lb brisket in a smoker for me and 25 people lunch tomorrow.

sure i've smoked ham legs and capoicoli and sausages before for curing but never done brisket in a vertical smoker.

im thinking a 3 am start on the process? :dunno:

and how to avoid getting hammered during it as people wont be showing up until 1 pm

maybe just hit the pipe and play guitar while it smokes

smoke upon smoke!

My3Sons

Sponsor
im doing a 10 lb brisket in a smoker for me and 25 people lunch tomorrow.

sure i've smoked ham legs and capoicoli and sausages before for curing but never done brisket in a vertical smoker.

im thinking a 3 am start on the process? :dunno:

and how to avoid getting hammered during it as people wont be showing up until 1 pm

maybe just hit the pipe and play guitar while it smokes

smoke upon smoke!
I’ve only done briskets in an offset smoker horizontally. My concern with a vertical smoker would be keeping the heat at an even level. I’d thr 10 pounds before or after trimming?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate this not working, sitting around and doing nothing thing. I really know why old people fall in and out sleep while sitting in the chair all day long.

I can't wait to get back to work next work or go do some walking or something. This is the first day I've sat around and did nothing since I got here. We've been going out and taking a ride every day checking out the beach or going to do something, but he's got his girlfriend and step daughter for the long holiday weekend.

It feels like it should be about 8:30 already.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I hate this not working, sitting around and doing nothing thing. I really know why old people fall in and out sleep while sitting in the chair all day long.

I can't wait to get back to work next work or go do some walking or something. This is the first day I've sat around and did nothing since I got here. We've been going out and taking a ride every day checking out the beach or going to do something, but he's got his girlfriend and step daughter for the long holiday weekend.

It feels like it should be about 8:30 already.
Maybe take the dog for a long walk and explore the area? I agree you don’t want to just twiddle your thumbs if you are restless

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe take the dog for a long walk and explore the area? I agree you don’t want to just twiddle your thumbs if you are restless
This dog doesn't go for long walks! Not even at home in our neighborhood where she's been the last 6 years and almost all of her life! :laugh:

I also don't wanna leave her here for long periods of time, even though I did quite a bit the last few days. She's got anxiety about being somewhere else. This is the first time I've ever taken her somewhere with me or left the house. She spent close to 3 weeks with my friends when I went to Jersey/Colorado in July/August and spent the weekend with them when I went out of town for 2 nights to a family function in North Carolina back in January.

But that's the only time I've had her away from home.

I ran out for maybe 35-40 minutes to the store and to get something to eat around 1:00. She wasn't happy getting left alone. Though she's not happy when I leave her at our house alone either, but I have to go to work, so she's used to me being gone at some point every day.

My3Sons

Sponsor
i've never smoked one

but after sunday i can say that i have

so many things i do at least once
Blend salt pepper and onion powder into a rub. Smear mustard all over the brisket. Put the rub liberally all over the mustard. It’s best if you can let the brisket sit for an hour or more with the coating on it.

You want the smoker at a steady 225 if you can. You put that brisket in with the fat cap on top. For a 9 pound brisket I’d want it in the smoker for about 15-16 hours total. First keep the smoke on it for 12 hours. At that point take thr brisket out and wrap it in tin foil in such a way the foil won’t leak. I’ll usually get the super wide stuff. Before you wrap put a bunch of butter slices and honey and brown sugar on the brisket. Once wrapped put it back on the low heat for another 3-4 hours. Remove from the heat and thr. Let it sit for 20 minutes before carving.

Thr trick to this is steady temperature that doesn’t spike and doesn’t get too low. Really try to keep it between 215-235.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Blend salt pepper and onion powder into a rub. Smear mustard all over the brisket. Put the rub liberally all over the mustard. It’s best if you can let the brisket sit for an hour or more with the coating on it.

You want the smoker at a steady 225 if you can. You put that brisket in with the fat cap on top. For a 9 pound brisket I’d want it in the smoker for about 15-16 hours total. First keep the smoke on it for 12 hours. At that point take thr brisket out and wrap it in tin foil in such a way the foil won’t leak. I’ll usually get the super wide stuff. Before you wrap put a bunch of butter slices and honey and brown sugar on the brisket. Once wrapped put it back on the low heat for another 3-4 hours. Remove from the heat and thr. Let it sit for 20 minutes before carving.

Thr trick to this is steady temperature that doesn’t spike and doesn’t get too low. Really try to keep it between 215-235.

i did the mustard and rub....it's good to go.

i know the 225...im ready for the wrap at 145 degrees,

my problem is i usually sleep 2 am till 10 am on non work days,

it ok... im a f***ing savage

My3Sons

Sponsor
i did the mustard and rub....it's good to go.

i know the 225...im ready for the wrap at 145 degrees,

my problem is i usually sleep 2 am till 10 am on non work days,

it ok... im a f***ing savage
don’t forget to build in however much time it takes to get your smoker up to temperature. Plan on dinner at 7:30 so you can get a little sleep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad