OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I spend a lot of time tracking hurricanes. It's a needy hobby of mine. This storms intensification is one of the craziest things I've seen.

One good thing Tampa has going for it is the wind shear that will weaken it, but it may not weaken it as much as they hope. Tampa is in for a rough one. That city has never experienced a storm of this strength and is not built to withstand a force like this.

It's trending toward hurricane phoenix territory and that's not a good thing...

Surge is the biggest problem for Tampa and a lot of that is already baked in. Water has a lot of energy.

The final track is going to be key there. If it lands just north of Tampa then the bay is going to get the worst surge in a worst case scenario.

If the key comes in south the bay will get spared the worst of the surge.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
My ex-MIL lives in Madeira Beach. Her condo complex suffered significant flooding from Helene. Milton, based on predictions, will destroy that complex. Thankfully, her niece was able to get her and bring her over to Ocala. Still in the path of the storm, but hopefully safer.

1728356789632.png

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hope all you Florida folks stay safe and this hurricane somehow dies out or doesn't turn out as bad as they are projecting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad