OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Power still isn’t back on at home, I don’t think.

So I’m waiting it out here a couple more days. At least there’s power. My friend has his girlfriend and her daughter that just flew down last night. My dog gave them a warm welcome as they walked through the door at 3:00 AM (they had a several hour flight delay) after I had already fallen asleep. I had to go out there and get the dog under control. She didn’t seem to mind, she works as a vet assistant.

It’s kind of awkward because I don’t know her that well and last night was the first time I’ve seen her in at least 16 years because they were together for years when they were young, and only just got back together recently after almost 16 years apart.

I tend to be really weird and hide in bedrooms and in the back when I get around people I don’t know. And I’m uncomfortable with going to the bathroom (even pissing) or going out to the kitchen for a drink.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Power still isn’t back on at home, I don’t think.

So I’m waiting it out here a couple more days. At least there’s power. My friend has his girlfriend and her daughter that just flew down last night. My dog gave them a warm welcome as they walked through the door at 3:00 AM (they had a several hour flight delay) after I had already fallen asleep. I had to go out there and get the dog under control. She didn’t seem to mind, she works as a vet assistant.

It’s kind of awkward because I don’t know her that well and last night was the first time I’ve seen her in at least 16 years because they were together for years when they were young, and only just got back together recently after almost 16 years apart.

I tend to be really weird and hide in bedrooms and in the back when I get around people I don’t know. And I’m uncomfortable with going to the bathroom (even pissing) or going out to the kitchen for a drink.
Thank her for being ok with your friend taking you and tell her you are sensitive to intruding on them and you will clear out as soon as you can verify power is on at home. Do something nice for them. Buy lunch or clean the bathroom or get a pie at the store for dessert.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank her for being ok with your friend taking you and tell her you are sensitive to intruding on them and you will clear out as soon as you can verify power is on at home. Do something nice for them. Buy lunch or clean the bathroom or get a pie at the store for dessert.
Here's the deal, I know this is gonna get confusing but bear with me lol.

The place where I am staying at is actually not the place of my friend (he sometimes posted as Cage Helmet on these boards) with the girlfriend and daughter who are visiting for the weekend. He lives like a block over in the same mobile home park with his grandmother. But when his girlfriend comes they've been coming over here for privacy. And there's only 2 bedrooms at his place (one for him and one for his grandmother) and this place has 4 bedrooms. So the little girl can also have her own room with a bed over here. And when you're like 40 years old, you don't have much privacy when grandma is in the next room. It's weird. I know, I lived with my grandmother/grandparents well into adulthood before.

But this place that I'm staying at is actually the place of our mutual friend. The mutual friend is the guy I talked about who is 53 years old and getting ready to have his first child due in March. He's out of town on tour, as he's a touring musician. He wanted to snowbird in Florida and decided to get a place here in this park not long after the other friend moved down here with his grandmother. They're really good friends, we all are. Those two are like brothers, especially since there's like 11 or 12 years between them. I'm almost right in the middle of their ages.

But he'll be on tour until the 23rd of the month I think? And his girlfriend (who is pregnant) still has her own place not too far from here. But when the power was out the other night I would have vacated if hers was out and it wasn't over here. I would have went to the other guy's grandmother's house.

I did do some cleaning here. It's not that the place was dirty, but it was a little dusty because he's been on tour for over a month now. And I'm making sure to take care of the dog hair and all that. They're out for the day going to his friend's pool. They were gonna do the beach, but it's too rough over there and rip currents. They'll be back before the Devils game starts cause I know he wants to watch that. He watches every game.

Sorry if that got confusing haha.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
im doing a 10 lb brisket in a smoker for me and 25 people lunch tomorrow.

sure i've smoked ham legs and capoicoli and sausages before for curing but never done brisket in a vertical smoker.

im thinking a 3 am start on the process? :dunno:

and how to avoid getting hammered during it as people wont be showing up until 1 pm

maybe just hit the pipe and play guitar while it smokes

smoke upon smoke!

Reactions: Bleedred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad