OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One other thing. It's better than wearing a hat (which is also quite uncomfortable and smells so f***in bad after sweating in it all day long) because when you stay hidden under a hat, it's a fairly safe assumption that you're trying to cover something up. Like perhaps your hair loss/bald head like my dad started doing in his 20s.

I have no clue where I inherited this hair from. My dad lost it in his 20s/30s. Grandfather (mom's dad) lost it in his 20s. My uncle (mom's brother) lost it maybe 30s/40s.

My best friend and his wife recently told me they're not sure why I shave the sides and back and leave little on top all the time when I do cut my hair, as I have ''Some head of hair'' and even a ''Beautiful'' head of hair.

I'm assuming it's the Italian side from my Grandmother (mom's mom), as the other men (other than my uncle) were not of Italian descent. My dad had that lighter hair which is much more prone to thinning if you noticed.

Most Italian's have that nice, thick, dark hair. Danny DeVito and Paul Giamatti, among some others would obviously like a word with me.

At least I'm feeling a little better today. Two long posts of self praise over my hair.

Go f*** your hiney head if you're reading this, You know who you are. Sperm donor scumbag who had such a problem with me praising myself.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My very good friend is 53 years old, and he's having his first kid, due a week before his 54th birthday in March. We constantly text about it or are on the phone talking about it.

He's really become emotional over it. Perhaps a bit hormonal? He's gotten better over the last couple of weeks, but he was having a lot of anxiety over it for the first 12 weeks. He says stuff like ''My dad died like not even 3 years older than I am now!'' and ''When he graduates high school most of the grandparents of the graduates will be younger than me!''. Some assholes have already given him the ''Your child may come out like this or that because you conceived at such an old age! How irresponsible of you!'' speech. As well as ''If you're alright with the strong possibility that you'll be dead before he's 18'' and toxic, reprehensible things like that.

As old as he is, he says there's no better time than now, and that he was too immature to have a kid in his 20s, 30s or even 40s.

I also told him ''Well, you're a bit of inspiration that there's still time for me! I'm a bit younger than you are!''.

And there's a lot of worthless shit bag dads out there that live through most of their children's lives. And I'm not saying that just from first hand experience. The baby on the way is gonna have the best dad there is.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Question.

Booked a flight on Norse airlines Milan to Kennedy. Long story short, I gave a scam artist my flight info, so I do not want to add my passport information.

Do I have to add it preflight? Or can I just show up at the airport with the passport and be good to go?

Norse is cheap, but the downside is they have near zero by way of customer service, so getting information from them is not easy.

You should be fine just going to the airport and checking in. Usually even if you go to the kiosks you can just scan your passport there as well too.

Reactions: devilsblood

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My very good friend is 53 years old, and he's having his first kid, due a week before his 54th birthday in March. We constantly text about it or are on the phone talking about it.

He's really become emotional over it. Perhaps a bit hormonal? He's gotten better over the last couple of weeks, but he was having a lot of anxiety over it for the first 12 weeks. He says stuff like ''My dad died like not even 3 years older than I am now!'' and ''When he graduates high school most of the grandparents of the graduates will be younger than me!''. Some assholes have already given him the ''Your child may come out like this or that because you conceived at such an old age! How irresponsible of you!'' speech. As well as ''If you're alright with the strong possibility that you'll be dead before he's 18'' and toxic, reprehensible things like that.

As old as he is, he says there's no better time than now, and that he was too immature to have a kid in his 20s, 30s or even 40s.

I also told him ''Well, you're a bit of inspiration that there's still time for me! I'm a bit younger than you are!''.

And there's a lot of worthless shit bag dads out there that live through most of their children's lives. And I'm not saying that just from first hand experience. The baby on the way is gonna have the best dad there is.
I feel for your friend. I wish him well but oh boy.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel for your friend. I wish him well but oh boy.
In our minds we both agreed that it's probably much easier to become a dad in your 40s or 50s than in your 20s or probably even 30s.

I wanted nothing to do with having kids in my 20s, and I lost someone who I would have rather have kept over it. I think I warmed up to the idea of it around 30 and by my late 30s I started to think maybe I should have had kids or should have a kid, as I was still young enough.

The closest I ever came was not too many years ago. I was early 40s. The woman I was with was a little younger than I was. She already had one of her own, as well as another she had to give up for adoption when she was I think 17? Who she still had contact with throughout his entire life, which was a nice story.

But it was for the best that we never tried.

Obviously, I think it may be physically harder to be a father to a young child in your 50s. You wanna do physical activities with them, but age is starting to get the best of you. But I think I'm way more suited to be a parent now than when I was younger. Despite the fact that I'm now older than my grandparents were (at least on my mom's side) when I was born.:help:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
In our minds we both agreed that it's probably much easier to become a dad in your 40s or 50s than in your 20s or probably even 30s.

I wanted nothing to do with having kids in my 20s, and I lost someone who I would have rather have kept over it. I think I warmed up to the idea of it around 30 and by my late 30s I started to think maybe I should have had kids or should have a kid, as I was still young enough.

The closest I ever came was not too many years ago. I was early 40s. The woman I was with was a little younger than I was. She already had one of her own, as well as another she had to give up for adoption when she was I think 17? Who she still had contact with throughout his entire life, which was a nice story.

But it was for the best that we never tried.

Obviously, I think it may be physically harder to be a father to a young child in your 50s. You wanna do physical activities with them, but age is starting to get the best of you. But I think I'm way more suited to be a parent now than when I was younger. Despite the fact that I'm now older than my grandparents were (at least on my mom's side) when I was born.:help:

Unfortunately I believe it's a hard truth more than a toxic or awful thing to say that the problem is that the child will most likely have less time with his father or the dad could possible need medical help while the child is still young. Men in the US life expectancy is like 75. He is going to be basically 74 when the kid is 20.

I wish them nothing but the best but it's certainly not going to be an easy thing to do at that age.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Unfortunately I believe it's a hard truth more than a toxic or awful thing to say that the problem is that the child will most likely have less time with his father or the dad could possible need medical help while the child is still young. Men in the US life expectancy is like 75. He is going to be basically 74 when the kid is 20.

I wish them nothing but the best but it's certainly not going to be an easy thing to do at that age.
We actually know quite a few people who have had kids older than him (one was 58), but they also weren't first time dad's at those ages. They had kids when they were young, who are in their 30s now and have siblings 30 years younger.

He regularly talks about the life expectancy, which he keeps saying is 73 for a man. The life expectancy in the last 4 or 5 years has apparently dropped quite a bit, but I think the two big factors in that are the covid pandemic and the fentanyl problem. And the fentanyl problem is wiping out a lot of young people way before it should be their time.

I honestly think he's a guy that if it comes down to natural causes, I don't see why he can't live to be in his 80s. His dad died at 56, but he was a smoker and had lung cancer. He is not a smoker and never has been. That obviously doesn't account for possibly getting taken out by un-natural causes. If there's anyone that age that can do this I think it's him.

But if you ask him, he thinks he's gonna die shortly. His anxiety is off the roof. I told him at least his kid will get his social security check if he dies before he's old enough to get it. So one of the two are at least guaranteed to draw it lol.

Fortunately the mother is not a first time parent. I told him he should feel more comfortable that he's doing this with someone who has the experience, and not another first time parent.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This has actually made me think about some people in my family.

I actually had a great uncle on my dad’s side. It was my grandmother’s sister’s husband.

He was born in 1904 and he died I think in 2001. It could have been early 2002. I remember commenting that he lived through everything from the Titanic all the way through 9/11.

Now he had three kids. These would be my cousin’s. They were all born in the 1950s. His wife was about 20 years younger and died in 1983. To my knowledge he has no kids from previous women. He had all 3 kids either in his 50s or just before entering his 50s. I always asked what happened that he had kids so late in life and I never really found an answer.

His kids didn’t inherit his longevity. They were closer to the mother’s, who died around 60. I think two of them died in 2021. One died about a month away from 70. The other was probably 66 or 67. The youngest is the only one left.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tuning a new lighter than my usual bow today. My form and accuracy are getting better every day.

The bare shaft(arrow without fletchings) in the middle shows a well tuned bow and arrow setup but it also shows my shooting form is solid... A bare shaft does strange things if you have poor form.

IMG_20240831_162811328_1.jpg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

My neighbors ex husband just had a kid. He's 80.

50 is fairly old, but seems a lot more common then it used to be, especially for people having their first kid. I also know a guy who had his first kid somewhere around 50(I think he was in his 50's).

I'd just tell your buddy to use this as inspiration to stay in shape and live a long life.

Reactions: Bleedred

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
My neighbors ex husband just had a kid. He's 80.

50 is fairly old, but seems a lot more common then it used to be, especially for people having their first kid. I also know a guy who had his first kid somewhere around 50(I think he was in his 50's).

I'd just tell your buddy to use this as inspiration to stay in shape and live a long life.

I’ve seen some articles saying that people with young children have a much lower mortality rate than the general population. Probably helps as a rejuvenator for older fathers.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I’ve seen some articles saying that people with young children have a much lower mortality rate than the general population. Probably helps as a rejuvenator for older fathers.
Are there any studies showing that being married for more than thirty years and raising three boys two dogs and a cat will prematurely age you from 50 to 150? Asking for a friend.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Strummer was a bigger loss than is generally accepted
I think they could probably have sold out Wembley Stadium at least a few nights after being broken up for 20+ years, especially if Oasis can sell it out like 10 nights after being broken up not even 20 years.

And by the time he had died the classic lineup hadn't performed together in roughly 20 years.

My guess is they would have probably played together again in the 00s, much like the Police reunion tour around the same time.

I remember seeing Joe's estate was only worth around a million Euro at the time of his death. That seems way too low for someone like him, unless he had lost all of his money at some point, due to poor investments or racking up huge bills and going into debt, which I never heard anything like that. I'd have to think someone like him could have made enough to modestly (maybe not extravagantly) live on annually with his royalties.

I know guys that play in far less popular bands with a net worth of about $1-$1.5 million. The vast majority of that net worth is in their real estate they own and not stocks or even cash money in the bank.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I think they could probably have sold out Wembley Stadium at least a few nights after being broken up for 20+ years, especially if Oasis can sell it out like 10 nights after being broken up not even 20 years.

And by the time he had died the classic lineup hadn't performed together in roughly 20 years.

My guess is they would have probably played together again in the 00s, much like the Police reunion tour around the same time.

I remember seeing Joe's estate was only worth around a million Euro at the time of his death. That seems way too low for someone like him, unless he had lost all of his money at some point, due to poor investments or racking up huge bills and going into debt, which I never heard anything like that. I'd have to think someone like him could have made enough to modestly (maybe not extravagantly) live on annually with his royalties.

I know guys that play in far less popular bands with a net worth of about $1-$1.5 million. The vast majority of that net worth is in their real estate they own and not stocks or even cash money in the bank.
Strummer seemed tk genuinely live his politics and it wouldn’t shock me if he ended up giving away a bunch of it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad