Which prospects impress and disappoint at Rookie and NHL camps?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich better impress at Rookie camp!

Curious how Rychlovsky does (was on line 1 for Detroit's pre game lineup today). Same with Hovorka for the Panthers.

Cibulka and Matecha have no chance of making club but may get an ELC if all goes well.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Hutson looked very good offensively, hes going to break a lot of ankles at the blueline. He looked just okay defensively.

Reinbacher is so incredibly average. Legitimately a waste of value at 5th overall. It sickens me. Beck looked good. I liked Thorpe but he got rocked by some kid that looked like he was maybe 5'8. Mesar was invisible unfortunately.

Cowan and Minten were very strong for the Leafs. Their goalie (tall guy) let in some stinkers but played really well in the 3rd period.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Heidt had 1g, 1a, figuring in on both of his teams goals. He looks good. Bankier and Haight also looked good, but none of them blew me away.
Oddly, Leskovar looked good, hitting everything that moved, had a few SOG, and didn't look like a complete troglodyte with the puck, or defensively.
Havlaj looked good in goal.

For the Hawks, Nazar, Spellacy, and Gaudreau(G) looked good. Dach, too, but I expect more from him. Allan looked good early on, but didn't notice him as much later.

No one on the ice stood out as surefire NHL'ers right now ... Spellacy maybe as a crash banger? Maybe Nazar?

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
No one was utterly dominant but McGroarty, Ponomarev, Broz, Pickering and Koivunen looked like the Pens best players which is good. UDFA Atley Calvert looks like he might be able to avoid the ECHL altogether but we’ll see. Didn’t look out of place amongst a lot guys taken in the top 100. Harrison Brunicke is a 10/10 brilliant skater, the way he moves is incredible. Can go any direction with basically no effort and explodes doing so. He’s pretty raw everywhere else though. Despite him not really being a top performer, I honestly think the Pens brass leaves Buffalo super enthused about what they saw from him in this tourney more than anyone else… he flashed what you cannot teach.

There’s not much to take away from these games but always fun to check them out.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
No one was utterly dominant but McGroarty, Ponomarev, Broz, Pickering and Koivunen looked like the Pens best players which is good. UDFA Atley Calvert looks like he might be able to avoid the ECHL altogether but we’ll see. Didn’t look out of place amongst a lot guys taken in the top 100. Harrison Brunicke is a 10/10 brilliant skater, the way he moves is incredible. Can go any direction with basically no effort and explodes doing so. He’s pretty raw everywhere else though. Despite him not really being a top performer, I honestly think the Pens brass leaves Buffalo super enthused about what they saw from him in this tourney more than anyone else… he flashed what you cannot teach.

There’s not much to take away from these games but always fun to check them out.
was curious about this prospect,Harrison Brunicke

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
For the Flyers, obviously Michkov was fantastic, our second best was Andrae, and of course Luchanko looked good.

I actually thought bonk disappointed in his game yesterday, don't know how he did today if he even played.

Reactions: Nabrules and Nevins

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Matt Savoie looked pretty mediocre to me, mostly just due to his pace and skating. Neither are very good, so he's going to have to either improve his skating, or be extremely smart with his positioning. Just one game, so I don't want to read into it too much.

Wanner had a good game, he's pretty solid in his own end, and actually moves the puck pretty well.

EDIT: This is in regards to last night's game, I didn't watch tonight's game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevins

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad