Only read if you want to feel old

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Room for an offseason for fun postt?

If you were telling someone now-a-days about Sergei Fedorov's Heart trophy season...

It would be like someone in 1994 telling you about Gordie Howe's last Heart trophy season.
Damn.

giphy.webp

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
on a similar note one and a half times as much time has passed between now and the last time the Wings won the Cup in 2008 than passed between when Gordie Howe played his last professional Hockey game and that same year

i'm talking about his single IHL game but still

Reactions: Retire91

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
on a similar note one and a half times as much time has passed between now and the last time the Wings won the Cup in 2008 than passed between when Gordie Howe played his last professional Hockey game and that same year

The asteroid/dwarf planet Ceres has orbited the Sun almost 5 times since the last time the Wings lifted the Cup.

Just sayin'.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

I remember watching that game.

He was supposed to just skate a shift and go off.

Then he checked a guy.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Room for an offseason for fun postt?

If you were telling someone now-a-days about Sergei Fedorov's Heart trophy season...

It would be like someone in 1994 telling you about Gordie Howe's last Heart trophy season.

...and back in the 1900s we watched television on a cathode tube television set.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That's the beauty of playing in a league where only 5 teams don't make the playoffs.
Well that might have been up thru his 6th season, but let’s be bloody honest too…Yzerman was a helluva better player than Larkin will ever be…We were incredibly lucky with the talent we had - even before winning the Cup in ‘97.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Well that might have been up thru his 6th season, but let’s be bloody honest too…Yzerman was a helluva better player than Larkin will ever be…We were incredibly lucky with the talent we had - even before winning the Cup in ‘97.

Oh no doubt. I just meant that the early Yzerman-era Wings would not have been making the playoffs if 50% of the league didn't make it.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
How I feel old knowing that after their respective 9 seasons…

Larkin 5 playoff games.

Yzerman 50 playoff games.

:confused:

2 different Era's IMO no salary cap, no draft lottery, 11 less teams competing in the draft, easier to get into the playoffs. I do get the subtext though.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
False, it's named after Bret Hart, the Excellence of Execution. The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.
I thought it was named after Jonathan Hart, the jet-setting mogul who solved mysteries on Sunday nights with his gorgeous wife Jennifer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad