Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think it means there are 40 other players at camp that want to be there so let's focus on the team we have.

Sway has some extra time on his hands now to further his business education he talks about.

Sounds like it also gives time for some of these local media sources to get new sources. Whoever is feeding people info this summer has been brutally wrong

Beyonder

May 20, 2024

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Good thing I was told not to worry about Sweengenius getting Swayman signed.

It's Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown. The names change ( except Darth Jacobs) but the story always remains the same with the penny pinching Bruins. Sinden's DNA must be embedded in this team.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
To be fair even the local media has taken an absolute beating this summer there’s been at minimum half a dozen sources between the Ullmark return and the swayman contract that have been very far off

Sounds like it also gives time for some of these local media sources to get new sources. Whoever is feeding people info this summer has been brutally wrong
yeah to go from Chychrun has been told he's a Bruin and Ullmark agreed to an extension with ottawa to the actual return was quite disaapointing.

It's Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown. The names change ( except Darth Jacobs) but the story always remains the same with the penny pinching Bruins. Sinden's DNA must be embedded in this team.
He will at some point, was super pumped last night though.

Reactions: UncleRico

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Season hasn't started yet so I still wouldn't be worried. As for the team "penny pinching", its tough to say that when they've been regularly spend to the cap limit.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Korpisalo at 3 million or his money invested in Swayman being overpaid by 1-2 million. I know my choice. Sweeney f***ed it up ...
I don't understand this connection people keep trying to make.

Sweeney could pay Swayman what he's asking right now. He just won't, because he hasn't earned it. It has nothing to do with Korpisalo.

And yes, Korpisalo is overpaid for his performance but we got a first round pick as part of the compensation to overpay him. That's common practice in the NHL. Is someone going to give us a draft pick to overpay Swayman?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

With what they're paying McAvoy and Pastrnak I am not sure how you can still say this with seriousness.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I've got nothing new and nothing on what the contract would look like. The Bruins are as tight lipped as Wally's finger on the ban button. If you message anyone on the Bruins asking about it, all you get is a 👀

My guess? If you don't hear before the Sweeney presser today, then it's not happening today. That's my hunch.

Y'all are gonna know before me. I have a day filled with intrusive medical tests starting in the next hour with no access to the internet. So the first thing I will do when I can is check here for a signing. Or not.
Best of Luck on your medical tests today Dom!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Gross is an asshat that encourages the people he represents to not play hockey. I wonder if/how long until a gm or owner just flat out won't keep or work with a player represented by him if that is even allowed.
I wouldn’t play either. What if he gets hurt, then he gets nothing.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
How long did Nylander sit out before his 2nd contract with Gross as his agent? More importantly how much extra cap space will we bank by Dec 1st if Sway signs for $8.5 on Dec 1? Might come in handy come trade deadline to address needs. It also gives 2 months of Korpse and Bussi sinking or swimming which will turn the tides of negotiation one way or the other if it gets that far. If both Korpse and Bussi look good, then we might be able to ditch Korpse and his contract for an asset and cap space. I prefer to see Sway sign before the start of the season but there are a few silver linings if he doesn't.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I don't understand this connection people keep trying to make.

Sweeney could pay Swayman what he's asking right now. He just won't, because he hasn't earned it. It has nothing to do with Korpisalo.

And yes, Korpisalo is overpaid for his performance but we got a first round pick as part of the compensation to overpay him. That's common practice in the NHL. Is someone going to give us a draft pick to overpay Swayman?
They did get the 2022-23 Vezina winner. Sweeney did pull a Houdini though and someone turned 2 vezina caliber goalies into zero at camp today.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
"Coco bomb?" This is my Coco bomb. He's long gone n ow (picture in my old house in 1994). Coco loved hockey but no relation to Courtney Cox.

COCO.jpg

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Korpisalo at 3 million or his money invested in Swayman being overpaid by 1-2 million. I know my choice. Sweeney f***ed it up ...
Yup. That contract was nauseating to take back in that trade. That extra money is really hurting right about now when the Bruins are trying to get Swayman to take bit less than maybe he deserves in order to have at least a small degree of cap flexibility.

Reactions: Gordoff

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s possible if he is giving in to Swaymans demands he may need a trading partner to move out salary. Really won’t know who to trade until a few weeks into the season.

Or they both could be gambling that the current tandem fails/exceeds, which would give one of them an advantage

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad