OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
They both try to climb up on my and sit on me at the same time and they try to occupy the same space. It’s sad how they get reduced to whiny puppies from it. The kitten seemed to shake it off but she is utterly fearless.

Like so? Thursday night around 9:30PM. At least they're small dogs.

1720292533833.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Night #4 of the inbreds by me shooting off fireworks all night
It hasn’t been that bad here tonight. Of course I hear a bunch off in the distance.

Now that I said that it’ll sound like Kabul in about 2 hours time.

There’s a bunch of kids in the neighborhood. Their parents are definitely a bunch of no counts, because they’re out here at 1:00-2:00 AM riding around in a golf cart screaming and acting obnoxious. And setting off some kind cheap fireworks the last few nights. They’re out here riding around in the golf cart all day. Listening to music. I guess they have Bluetooth speakers hooked up to it. I never see or hear them at 10:00-12:00 at night though. It’s obvious they’re waiting for the parents to go to bed before taking the thing and riding around in it and screaming in the middle of the night.

When I say kids I don’t mean right around high school graduation or college aged kids. These are like 14-15 year olds.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's unfortunately no better where I live in NJ. We had people shooting fireworks off every night past midnight since Wednesday. My dogs hate it, but what's more annoying is it waking up my infant child. Really puts me in a good mood lol

Also, idk when I moved to the everglades. It was 94 degrees and humid as all hell at 8am this morning.

Side topic. I'm kicking myself in the ass because I have been wanting an 80s/early 90s car for some time and I saw a mint condition red 86 Pontiac Fiero GT with only 70k miles for $4000 by me and didn't pull the trigger right away. I went back the next morning and it was already gone.
I haven’t seen a Fiero in a longggggg time. I think they were only produced for a few years. I remember they were discontinued after they flopped in sales.

I always thought they were Pontiac/GM’s answer to the highly extensive Italian sports car. I think there was only a 6 cylinder in it stock, if I’m not mistaken?

But if that’s what you’re into then I can appreciate that. I have friends that collect Chevette’s of all cars. The Chevette (and Pinto lol) was the kind of car that you didn’t wanna be seen riding in one or getting picked up from school in if you’re parents had one back when I was a kid. :laugh:

And I’ve seen dudes drop a 350 in one and attempt to make it a drag car because of how small and light they are b

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

that sucks...

there's actually a f***ing shipping crate in the local town plaza that someone sells this shit out of ... every time i drive to get my food and drink it's there.

i would love to go and tell them that they're trash but they got their permit to be there so it is what it is.

but this canada day wasn't too bad. maybe people are realizing the high of cost of buying this shit isn't worth it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
that sucks...

there's actually a f***ing shipping crate in the local town plaza that someone sells this shit out of ... every time i drive to get my food and drink it's there.

i would love to go and tell them that they're trash but they got their permit to be there so it is what it is.

but this canada day wasn't too bad. maybe people are realizing the high of cost of buying this shit isn't worth it
I have no concept of what they cost.

But I do know there’s a place on my way home from work that sells them, and every year it’s packed for the several days leading up to the 4th. People start parking on the grass and almost on the sidewalks to get in there on those days. And there’s even at least one cop (state or county) in the parking lot for those busy days.

It’s open year round, but the place is insane for the week leading up to the 4th.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Watch your mouth Sir, this is a family friendly site!

as per site rules i let the filter do it's job you **** **** ******** **** !!!

I have no concept of what they cost.

But I do know there’s a place on my way home from work that sells them, and every year it’s packed for the several days leading up to the 4th. People start parking on the grass and almost on the sidewalks to get in there on those days. And there’s even at least one cop (state or county) in the parking lot for those busy days.

It’s open year round, but the place is insane for the week leading up to the 4th.

pure insanity.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I haven’t seen a Fiero in a longggggg time. I think they were only produced for a few years. I remember they were discontinued after they flopped in sales.

I always thought they were Pontiac/GM’s answer to the highly extensive Italian sports car. I think there was only a 6 cylinder in it stock, if I’m not mistaken?

But if that’s what you’re into then I can appreciate that. I have friends that collect Chevette’s of all cars. The Chevette (and Pinto lol) was the kind of car that you didn’t wanna be seen riding in one or getting picked up from school in if you’re parents had one back when I was a kid. :laugh:

And I’ve seen dudes drop a 350 in one and attempt to make it a drag car because of how small and light they are b

Yeah Fiero's aren't the most common car, but I do think they have a nice look to them. Wouldn't be my first choice, but that deal was good. I'm more a stingray corvette fan, but I do have some other cars in mind I would snag instead. Anything from a Boxster to a Mitsubishi 3000GT lol

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah Fiero's aren't the most common car, but I do think they have a nice look to them. Wouldn't be my first choice, but that deal was good. I'm more a stingray corvette fan, but I do have some other cars in mind I would snag instead. Anything from a Boxster to a Mitsubishi 3000GT lol
That’s quite the variety. Fiero and Boxster make sense to me. Thr Mitsubishi is a different sort of animal. The Fiero could have been something special. The Cayman is the one that doesn’t get enough credit

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
My cat and I both just about shit ourselves sitting on the couch last night at 3:30 in the morning when somebody lit a roll of like 100 firecrackers out in the parking lot outside my apartment.

I probably deserve it after the multiple saturn missile batteries I lit on the 4th, although I at least have the common sense and decency to shoot shit off at normal hours.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
That’s quite the variety. Fiero and Boxster make sense to me. Thr Mitsubishi is a different sort of animal. The Fiero could have been something special. The Cayman is the one that doesn’t get enough credit
I have just always loved the 3000gt. It's a shame they stopped producing it. They should bring it back.

It's not my top choice, but if a good deal was there I'd pull the trigger lol. I much prefer a vette.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I have just always loved the 3000gt. It's a shame they stopped producing it. They should bring it back.

It's not my top choice, but if a good deal was there I'd pull the trigger lol. I much prefer a vette.
The 3000GT to me seemed an embryonic Skyline GTR? The tech wasn’t quite ready then. In today’s world that sort of car is much easier to make but other than Subaru I don’t think any company does it in a mass market manner. I recall years ago a comparison article in Car and Driver with all the similar models. If memory serves the criticism of the Mitsubishi was that it was heavy and specifically nose heavy. I know the Talin TSI was there and maybe a Celica AllTrack? This was hundreds of years ago.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
so we are moving on Friday, and we hired a moving company. It is going to be three guys, and we have them fully booked from 9am-5pm. Never used a moving company before...I assume if they do a good job (and don't break anything), I should probably tip? is $50 each guy enough or would $100 each be more recommended?

we're only moving ~10 minutes away so not a long trip.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't know about tipping, but do keep and eye on them. I've done it a couple times and those guys generally don't care about anything other than moving things as quickly as possible. Something is going to get damaged. Make sure you document it.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Dammit I want the registration for this thing already :laugh:

Also, I hope my CX-5 is up for towing this rig. Seeing it all together, it's kind of a big setup. Also, the new kayak dwarfs the old one.

View attachment 893166

holy crap. a full on trailer? i'm lucky that i just have to strap my canoe on top of my mazda b2300 and go (it has a cap with a roof rack)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
holy crap. a full on trailer? i'm lucky that i just have to strap my canoe on top of my mazda b2300 and go (it has a cap with a roof rack)

I used to do that with the old one on the right in that picture. Throw it on the roof and I'm off. The new one is way too big for that. But it should also be way more comfortable on the water.

My3Sons

Sponsor
so we are moving on Friday, and we hired a moving company. It is going to be three guys, and we have them fully booked from 9am-5pm. Never used a moving company before...I assume if they do a good job (and don't break anything), I should probably tip? is $50 each guy enough or would $100 each be more recommended?

See how they do. Play it by ear. We moved across town and it took a fell weekend. We fed them throughout and once finished gave each $75 or so. We had a crew of five or six maybe.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

We moved to a new house in October, about 20 minutes away from our old house. We hired movers just for our large furniture, moving most of the small stuff ourselves. It took them about 4 hours.

We tipped each of the 6 man crew $50, and we also gave them a few bottles of liquor that we didn't want. They seemed happy with that.

Good luck with the move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad