OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Off the wagon? Then again I don't know if Miller Lite counts haha.

It's been hot and humid as hell here. 96 in Manahawkin yesterday but on LBI it's high 70's. The water is cold as shit (55 degrees) with all this south wind (upwelling). It's really f***ed the up the fishing, nothing is happening at all with all this cold water.
Off the wagon until after my birthday 7/27.

Trying to find the strangest places to get drunk now. I found this place that smells like skunky weed and whiskey and these two guys are almost in fist fight over barometric pressure and moon phase forthe best fishing conditions.

Reactions: My3Sons and JK3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The heat is oppressive in the Everglades the last couple of days. I kinda really like it. But it's important to stay hydrated.

View attachment 895522
Why would you go to the Everglades/Florida at all in the summer? I'd like to say you have my sympathy, but I don't feel too bad for people who willingly go to Florida in the summer time.:laugh:

Off the wagon? Then again I don't know if Miller Lite counts haha.

It's been hot and humid as hell here. 96 in Manahawkin yesterday but on LBI it's high 70's. The water is cold as shit (55 degrees) with all this south wind (upwelling). It's really f***ed the up the fishing, nothing is happening at all with all this cold water.
LBI and high 70's both sound so refreshing right now.

After moving in 2011, I would still spend about 16 days in August out of town. Split between Jersey and Denver to see my step brother and his family. I would fly to Jersey for 8 days or so, then leave to Denver from there for 7 or 8 days and then come back home from Denver. Denver is sometimes 100 degrees, but it's much nicer than the 92 degrees here. And there's also a couple of reservoir's where they have a beach and you can go swimming in that to cool down.

Then I got my dog and haven't been able to do that since 2018. I don't think she'd appreciate me leaving her for 2 weeks with my friends. I had to leave her for a weekend when I went to North Carolina back in January and she was a wreck.

So now my step brother comes here in July with his family, which he started doing even before I stopped flying out to visit him in Denver. And they're one of those people who I don't understand why they would come to Florida in July (they also visit me around Christmas/New Year's for a week), but this is one of his weeks off of work and the kids are out of school for the summer, and we go to Busch Gardens and Disney/the Orlando theme parks when they come.

This is depressing to think about. I terribly miss my double trip to Jersey and Denver in August haha.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Why would you go to the Everglades/Florida at all in the summer? I'd like to say you have my sympathy, but I don't feel too bad for people who willingly go to Florida in the summer time.:laugh:

I have a good friend down here and we've gone out of Chokoloskee the last two December's and there have been near freezing temperatures each time and miserable fishing.

He made me promise that I would come down in the summer when no one was around . So I did. The fishing early in the morning has been decent. Lot's of small red fish and snook...a few baby tarpon. But the heat after about 9/10 am has been brutal. We've been splitting the days and fishing around 6am to 9/10 and then 4 to about 8.... but the afternoons have been mostly thunderstorms and drinking. :)

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

LBI and high 70's both sound so refreshing right now.

After moving in 2011, I would still spend about 16 days in August out of town. Split between Jersey and Denver to see my step brother and his family. I would fly to Jersey for 8 days or so, then leave to Denver from there for 7 or 8 days and then come back home from Denver. Denver is sometimes 100 degrees, but it's much nicer than the 92 degrees here. And there's also a couple of reservoir's where they have a beach and you can go swimming in that to cool down.

Then I got my dog and haven't been able to do that since 2018. I don't think she'd appreciate me leaving her for 2 weeks with my friends. I had to leave her for a weekend when I went to North Carolina back in January and she was a wreck.

So now my step brother comes here in July with his family, which he started doing even before I stopped flying out to visit him in Denver. And they're one of those people who I don't understand why they would come to Florida in July (they also visit me around Christmas/New Year's for a week), but this is one of his weeks off of work and the kids are out of school for the summer, and we go to Busch Gardens and Disney/the Orlando theme parks when they come.

This is depressing to think about. I terribly miss my double trip to Jersey and Denver in August haha.
Went with my wife and then 3 year old years ago to Disney in August. I distinctly recall walking into Magic Kingdom at 10AM and looking at my phone. It was 108°. Hell. On. Earth.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Off the wagon until after my birthday 7/27.

Trying to find the strangest places to get drunk now. I found this place that smells like skunky weed and whiskey and these two guys are almost in fist fight over barometric pressure and moon phase forthe best fishing conditions.
Ok those are both you and the smell is in your head

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
So happy I'm no longer working in IT. Was a manager for 20+ years. The pay was great. The responsibility and stress not so much. Oh, there's a systems issue? We had no idea except for the 10 reports we've received in the last 5 minutes. We're more than aware - it's cloud related and out of our control. When will it be fixed? OUT. OF. OUR. CONTROL.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've really went several times in the last day trying to make a post that may get political, but is more about music and a particularly awful musical figure who performed at a particular event the other night, where he performed a song where he cited a particular band from the UK, that the surviving members cannot be very happy about.

The fact that this washed up has-been and 105 year old Terry Bollea are still relevant in 2024 is a f***in joke.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I've really went several times in the last day trying to make a post that may get political, but is more about music and a particularly awful musical figure who performed at a particular event the other night, where he performed a song where he cited a particular band from the UK, that the surviving members cannot be very happy about.

The fact that this washed up has-been and 105 year old Terry Bollea are still relevant in 2024 is a f***in joke.
I often have to tell myself to stop making comments similar to yours because I have to remind myself that there’s many people that like things very different from me. Hell, I laughed when my niece (who is now near 20) first played me Billie Eilish. The Dad jokes about… “why is she whispering so much? What did she say there?” Still haven’t gotten old.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Day 1 after a medically required circumcision. Shit sucks, yo.
IMG_0180.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad