OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Gf out of town at the Hamptons with her girlfriends, i went to Lucky 13, a metal bar in Brooklyn.

After 1st gig i went back to the counter to get a drink, only to find theres a striptease show going on.

People always ask me, why do i always carry cash with me. Well... nuff said. Had a great spot at the bar :laugh:

Later i sent a picture from the corner of thr bar with the stripper in thr background to my GF. "Looks packed! Have fun!" She said.

I replied: zoom in, honey

:laugh:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Gf out of town at the Hamptons with her girlfriends, i went to Lucky 13, a metal bar in Brooklyn.

After 1st gig i went back to the counter to get a drink, only to find theres a striptease show going on.

People always ask me, why do i always carry cash with me. Well... nuff said. Had a great spot at the bar :laugh:

Later i sent a picture from the corner of thr bar with the stripper in thr background to my GF. "Looks packed! Have fun!" She said.

Wanted to add: I love America!

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I feel like before the night is over, you are going to have a great story to post in the drunks thread :laugh:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Had some friends over for dinner tonight. I made Mediterranean food: falafel, mujaddara, halloumi, hummus, muhammara, tzatziki, zhoug, and baba ghanoush. Came out very well.

IMG_0042.jpeg

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

IMG_1214.jpeg

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
When you get old you have to get extra shots. I had to get a shingles vaccine yesterday. It kicked in around 11 pm and wow did I feel awful. I still do now but not quite as bad. I can’t sleep though ugh.

Never knew what shingles was until I started to run some ads for one of those brands. Still don't really know what it is, but I know it's for older people. Might need to do some reading soon.

1721600722430.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Never knew what shingles was until I started to run some ads for one of those brands. Still don't really know what it is, but I know it's for older people. Might need to do some reading soon.

View attachment 896285
It’s chicken pox but as an adult it makes nerves get super sensitive and painful. I’d rather get a shot than shingles.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
So a detergent caused a reaction that was so bad that you scratched your wrench enough to require circumcision to remove the scar tissue?
No, it dried out the end, causing it to crack and heal with scars, preventing mobility. No scratching involved.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
When you get old you have to get extra shots. I had to get a shingles vaccine yesterday. It kicked in around 11 pm and wow did I feel awful. I still do now but not quite as bad. I can’t sleep though ugh.
Extra shots of tequila.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I think I mentioned I'm going to see David Gilmour at MSG in November? I got into a discussion with my brothers about what he might play. His recent comments suggest there won't be much Floyd. He did however post a short clip of rehearsing Wish You Were Here so maybe we get that and Comfortably Numb? I wish he'd add Shine On but I'm skeptical we get that one. I think most of the set is from his current album and the last two. A lot of folks are likely to be disappointed. But it's almost certainly see him now or forever hold your peace. In any event, I would love for him to play some of the songs from About Face but Gilmour has stated he considers that album dated by the sound. I think Murder holds up to anything else he's done on his own.

and yes the song is about John Lennon but I thought it was a great song long before I knew that.

Reactions: JK3 and Bleedred

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I think I mentioned I'm going to see David Gilmour at MSG in November? I got into a discussion with my brothers about what he might play. His recent comments suggest there won't be much Floyd. He did however post a short clip of rehearsing Wish You Were Here so maybe we get that and Comfortably Numb? I wish he'd add Shine On but I'm skeptical we get that one. I think most of the set is from his current album and the last two. A lot of folks are likely to be disappointed. But it's almost certainly see him now or forever hold your peace. In any event, I would love for him to play some of the songs from About Face but Gilmour has stated he considers that album dated by the sound. I think Murder holds up to anything else he's done on his own.

and yes the song is about John Lennon but I thought it was a great song long before I knew that.

Awesome! I saw Floyd back in the early 90's for a bunch of shows (no Roger of course) and it was f***ing amazing. I kind of burnt myself out on Floyd over the years, it would be cool to see some solo stuff then again him just crushing some Floyd classics is sooooooo good. He surrounds himself with top top notch performers, musicians and engineers, it's mind blowing how good these people are at their jobs that I think no matter what he plays it's going to be good.

Check out this thread.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Awesome! I saw Floyd back in the early 90's for a bunch of shows (no Roger of course) and it was f***ing amazing. I kind of burnt myself out on Floyd over the years, it would be cool to see some solo stuff then again him just crushing some Floyd classics is sooooooo good. He surrounds himself with top top notch performers, musicians and engineers, it's mind blowing how good these people are at their jobs that I think no matter what he plays it's going to be good.

Check out this thread.

I’m guessing to my youngest the setlist will be more accessible. To him Endless River is as Punk Floyd as anything else.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

oh man, it sounds dated because of that fretless bass solo wankery and all throughout the singing parts.... cool it off

...but really kicks into classlc animals era floyd half way through. sounds great then

you should hope for this live when you go...

such an interesting groove.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I had a bottle of Redemption rye tonight
Worst shit I've ever had. Taste like frat party Fireball.

I probably shouldn't have had the entire bottle though? I can't calculate milliliters so none of it counts anyway.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
What's the record you are happiest you own? At the time I didn't really appreciate it, but back in the day (maybe 1982-1983?) I picked up the Beatles Star Club record. It sounded ok. Not great but you could at least hear what was being played so a step up from most bootlegs. I think it was from 1962? Not sure if it was pre-Ringo. My records ended up going to my brother when my parents moved and I had long since moved on to CDs and did not miss them. I remember being happy when I got some sort of import remaster of Dark Side of the Moon from Japan which was allegedly a better mix. My youngest brother and I drove over to Central Avenue in Hartsdale (that will resonate with some of the fanbase) to an import record shop. We paid a relative fortune for it (maybe twice what a normal CD went for?) and ran home to put it on the stereo to listen. It definitely upped the sax on Money but it wasn't life changing. Lesson learned.

this is an impossible question to answer but off the top of my head if i were to think of one that i was pleasantly surprised with was when i found UB40's first album "signing off" for a dollar...i didnt know anything at all about it but it sure isnt red red wine...it's worth a listen (the LP is a double...one 12" 33 and one 12" 45)

also the next two albums "present arms" and "present arms in dub" are this early UB40 sound

Last edited:

My3Sons

Sponsor
this is an impossible question to answer but off the top of my head if i were to think of one that i was pleasantly surprised with was when i found UB40's first album "signing off" for a dollar...i didnt know anything at all about it but it sure isnt red red wine...it's worth a listen (the LP is a double...one 12" 33 and one 12" 45)

also the next two albums "present arms" and "present arms in dub" are this early UB40 sound

Reggae is a bit of an acquired taste. I do much better with it now that I am old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad