OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Beautiful walk in the woods this morning near the Delaware Raritan canal. Saw a doe and three fawns. Always cool to see when they have more than two.

And finished up my snook box last night. 26 flies ready to go.

View attachment 894841
With some small modifications you can sell them as earrings. Maybe a new vocation?

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
With some small modifications you can sell them as earrings. Maybe a new vocation?
Years ago there was a feather shortage in the fly tying world... because young girls and Steven Tyler were getting them weaved in their hair.

What really sucked is they used the best feathers...long saddle hackles that are prized for tying.

These feathers were always expensive but when they became fashion in the mid 2000'sthey became super expensive that's if you could find any. Probably was more like late 90's to the mid 2000's when it died out.

wrs-7501.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
feather-my-head-hair-feathers-instagram.jpg

This is heart breaking to a fly tier...there is like two dozen dry flies worth of hackles in her hair.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Years ago there was a feather shortage in the fly tying world... because young girls and Steven Tyler were getting them weaved in their hair.

What really sucked is they used the best feathers...long saddle hackles that are prized for tying.

These feathers were always expensive but when they became fashion in the mid 2000'sthey became super expensive that's if you could find any. Probably was more like late 90's to the mid 2000's when it died out.

View attachment 894846
I’m sure Steven Tyler alone almost brought all the fishermen to their knees.

Reactions: JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
First crack of thunder is time to hit the bar.

View attachment 895135

no bar, but it did rain earlier......

now that i can get out of bed and do things, i can enjoy some beer....it's been 9 days since i've hung out in the back shed (shop) ...im just inside reloading right now

im trying to make a 12v battery out of 8 AAs. let's see if soldering works...

only AAs but im wearing safety eyewear...or as they say in german.....AUGENSHUTZ!!! ...because everything in german sounds angry.

Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Did we just get another earthquake? Loud noise and rattling in monmouth county

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The heat is oppressive in the Everglades the last couple of days. I kinda really like it. But it's important to stay hydrated.

View attachment 895522
Off the wagon? Then again I don't know if Miller Lite counts haha.

It's been hot and humid as hell here. 96 in Manahawkin yesterday but on LBI it's high 70's. The water is cold as shit (55 degrees) with all this south wind (upwelling). It's really f***ed the up the fishing, nothing is happening at all with all this cold water.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad