OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
cant believe it tookme this long to get an air fryer.
everything is amazing in it.
i dont even like hotdogs but man. i make them in there with the buns for tge kids and i eat the leftovers. delicious. and the dino nuggets. amazing.
just made cheesy garlic bread with mozzerella cheese, tortillas , and butter and sone seasoning and it took about 5 mins.
An air fryer is life changing! So simple and fast and there are so many things you can make, and less mess to clean up!

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
As the kids say, “i love this for you.”

Seriously though, that’s great you are prioritizing yourself.

Will be hard to get into the mindset. But am doing it.

Everyone acts like you have to be a couple or a group to go out to shows, but I find it the opposite. I miss being able to go to things I want see alone. When you're a couple you have to run everything by your partner and compromise to things with mass appeal or things that better fit your "schedule". Obscure band that I like is playing a show locally? She won't be interested so I can't go. Weeknight hockey game? No. Wrestling PPV? No way. Promo giveaway at the ballpark? Thursdays don't work, etc. Best you can do is a baseball game on a weekend with a less appealing opponent or a popular band that everyone in your friend group kinda likes a little but nobody really loves or is dying to see.

Cherish your single days

She was actually supposed to go to this with me but then everything happened. Glad I got my refund. But because of her ive missed out on lots of stuff and because of always having her or the girls needs in my mind Ive never much spent on me.

But am going too

Really want to go to England for RISE wrestling.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
An air fryer is life changing! So simple and fast and there are so many things you can make, and less mess to clean up!
We got one of those Ninja dual basket air fryers earlier this year and it’s crazy how many things we’ve been able to make with it. I even air fried bacon and it turned out pretty good.
I have the instant pot duo crisp with the air fryer lid. It's good but it's a 6qt which is too small for larger cuts of meat or more than a half portion of anything. Still does serve me well, I use it fairly frequently, though I've taken to pan frying more things this year. I'd like to get a separate large air fryer, but have a lot of kitchen gadgets and little counter space as it is.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Sad

I used to do Sweatin to the Oldies with my mom when I was a little kid. After a while, we'd just sit there and watch them dance to songs we love.

He was a staple in my house. We're very sad about his passing.

Rest in Peace.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I said to my wife "why do you like watching this....." and she was like "why do you like watching your sports teams knowing they are just eventually going to lose"
When I mock someone else's hobby that seems outlandish, i remind myself that I like to put on skates and use a stick to propel a black disk into a red rectangle.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Left a little later than planned for the cape since it was so gross out, left about 8:45. Didn’t hit a lick of traffic, grabbed my husband some lobster donuts from Fin and went to Skippers for lunch when they opened. Dragged that out and got the grocery shopping, liquor store, and house setup out of the way since it was pouring.

Decided to skip the crowds and cook dinner at home tonight after a busy day. Beach bright and early tomorrow!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
IMG_6073.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Everyone acts like you have to be a couple or a group to go out to shows, but I find it the opposite. I miss being able to go to things I want see alone. When you're a couple you have to run everything by your partner and compromise to things with mass appeal or things that better fit your "schedule". Obscure band that I like is playing a show locally? She won't be interested so I can't go. Weeknight hockey game? No. Wrestling PPV? No way. Promo giveaway at the ballpark? Thursdays don't work, etc. Best you can do is a baseball game on a weekend with a less appealing opponent or a popular band that everyone in your friend group kinda likes a little but nobody really loves or is dying to see.

Cherish your single days

I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad