Confirmed with Link: Avs Sign Oliver Kylington to 1-Year Deal (1x$1.05)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If one of the comments on that Twitter thread has even an ounce of truth to it, it's way worse.

Honestly though it's Twitter/X, so take it with all the salt in the Atlantic.
The gay part of the story appears to be true as he had a FB picture at one point with him cuddling with another man. Don't know about the other part.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
I guess the video coach for Eagles is who we are talking about? Not really sure that qualifies since there is no contract with Avs.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Within last 2 months, Avs have hired a female scout and signed a gay player. No one can say Avs discriminate

Avs also seem to be one of the teams that prioritizes mental health the most, and lets players take time off to help themselves if needed. Players around the league have likely taken notice.

Drouin, Girard, Nuke (in a related way), and now Kylington.

Probably played a factor in Kylington's decision to sign with the Avs, along with their history of successful reclamation projects.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Avs also seem to be one of the teams that prioritizes mental health the most, and lets players take time off to help themselves if needed. Players around the league have likely taken notice.

Drouin, Girard, Nuke (in a related way), and now Kylington.

Probably played a factor in Kylington's decision to sign with the Avs, along with their history of successful reclamation projects.
I tend to disbelieve it, but I thought there were some people suggesting that the Avs actually tried to get Girard to delay or not go during the season. I had never heard a peep about this until this summer though and I think I read it on here, but am not positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00