Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Not impressed. I thought the injury was holding him back and it sabotaged his game last year. Now what? What could possibly be going on for that lackluster play. I think he is a bit ruffled because #85 is now the PP1 guy and the favored one. Hope he gets his head in the game.

Reactions: Alex1234

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Ironic how signing him and White early was meant to put us in a good position from Cap Space perspective but has done the exact opposite.

Reactions: Alex1234

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
And neither can play defence. And neither provide that much offence lol.
There’s not a lot of defenders that play both really good defense and really good offense. I was just making the point that they aren’t the same style of defender. Both of these players have been relied upon to do too much and are overpaid. Anyhow, I expect this conversation to devolve if it were to continue, which it won’t. Cheers.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There’s not a lot of defenders that play both really good defense and really good offense. I was just making the point that they aren’t the same style of defender. Both of these players have been relied upon to do too much and are overpaid. Anyhow, I expect this conversation to devolve if it were to continue, which it won’t. Cheers.
You said they’re different styles. They may be. But they offer about the same things.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not impressed. I thought the injury was holding him back and it sabotaged his game last year. Now what? What could possibly be going on for that lackluster play. I think he is a bit ruffled because #85 is now the PP1 guy and the favored one. Hope he gets his head in the game.

I'd say it's less that he's miffed, but more like he's too relaxed. It's like, ok, I don't have to carry the load, so I'm going to relax type of vibe. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy you have to push a bit, or have a carrot dangling in front of him, to get the most out of his play.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I'd say it's less that he's miffed, but more like he's too relaxed. It's like, ok, I don't have to carry the load, so I'm going to relax type of vibe. I get the feeling he's the kind of guy you have to push a bit, or have a carrot dangling in front of him, to get the most out of his play.
At 8 AVV with a letter???
Get your ass together and be a pro ffs

Reactions: Tuna99 and gab6511

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ironic how signing him and White early was meant to put us in a good position from Cap Space perspective but has done the exact opposite.

I think this is a massive part of our problem now - the goal(plan) with Dorion/Melnyck became signing the core of the rebuild. Didn’t matter if these guys weren’t good enough, because that’s all they had and all they could get,L and all they could sell, ao honestly evaluating these young players and their shortcomings became a non-issue because without locking up the core you promised everything in the rebound would be a failure.

Now we have some overpaid players which isn’t a big deal - the massive problem is we have players that just aren’t good enough signed long term to big money. Massive problem

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Lots of guys seem to be warming up to the view that I've held for two years.

Chabot doesn't seem intense enough or strong enough to be a strong defender

The Corsi numbers don't mean much coming off two games where our better players were out played. Sanderson/Zub weak Corsi numbers reflect the team getting caved by the other top lines

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I like how he asked Dorion for help to bolster the roster but didn't improve one bit himself.
I think it speaks to the fact that he believes he's a lot better than he is. I remember an interview from last year or the year before where he was awful and asked about his play. He thought he was doing fine.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
He has been bad for years now. Never liked his defensive game, way to soft on the boards and in front of the net. Plus he hasn't played a full season in his entire career due to cronic injuries. Should have been moved at the start of this year, but I understand the new regime wanted to see what they had before breaking up the core. I expect Chabot to dangled to other teams this offseason regardless of how he plays this season. He simply isnt worth his price tag. As someone already alluded to, he's our Darnell Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad