Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They absolutely have, but he’s been playing at a high level ever since he started playing under Martin on December 29th.

He’s been a net positive when he’s been on the ice in every facet of the game, even with his gaffs, of which he’s absolutely had.

If he continues to play as he has the past week and a half, he’s more than an 8 million dollar guy, I’m not sure he’ll continue that level over a full season, but the level he’s been for 2 months and the Sens are extremely pleased with what they have. A 60ish point, 23 minute a night guy who’s playing ~3/8 of the ES minutes for the Sens and tilting the ice in their favour.

Even at the beginning of the year, I saw a guy who is tilting the ice in the favour of the Sens. Still has his gaffs, as every D does, but the team is generally better off when he’s been on the ice compared to off.
At 8M AAV and not having to play against first lines because Jake draws those assignments.... shouldn't he be tilting the ice? Shouldn't he be a + player?

He's been better lately but he's not near that pay package

Both big physical guys skate well for their size, long reach, hard shot, defensive dmen.

Size is obviously part of it but the comparison goes further just tall, otherwise I might have said Wiercioch
Carlo was a full time NHLer in his D+2 season

Kleven is D+4 and not close yet

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
At 8M AAV and not having to play against first lines because Jake draws those assignments.... shouldn't he be tilting the ice? Shouldn't he be a + player?

He's been better lately but he's not near that pay package

We see, and value, a much different player for sure, which is perfectly fine

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the question is Chabot at 8 or Chychrun at ~7+ its Chabot for me. Earlier in the year I was thinking we could be looking at replacing both of them. Chabot apart from being very capable is a really good team guy .. that really supports the organization .. takes things positively in stride. It helps especially with the turbulence that has been around this team.

Chychrun will be traded imo. He can't play RD and he will want too much for what he brings playing behind Sanderson and Chabot .

I hope it happens sooner than later.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Ok? Would you have been happier if I said Carlo lite? Are you under the impression that all players follow the same development path?

Weber didn't become a full time NHL player till d+4, is he worse than Carlo because of that?

Kleven has been very good in the Belleville games I've watched, best defender on the team imo. I think he's closer than you're giving credit, which is fine, we see the player differently, time will tell.

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If the question is Chabot at 8 or Chychrun at ~7+ its Chabot for me. Earlier in the year I was thinking we could be looking at replacing both of them. Chabot apart from being very capable is a really good team guy .. that really supports the organization .. takes things positively in stride. It helps especially with the turbulence that has been around this team.

Chychrun will be traded imo. He can't play RD and he will want too much for what he brings playing behind Sanderson and Chabot .

I hope it happens sooner than later.
I think there is a strong argument that Chabot is our most important player off the ice. Him or Giroux.

Reactions: DrEasy

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Ahh ok no problem, seemed like you were referring to 5 on 5 play in your post, maybe mention it, if being specific.
No I was talking about in general , home and away, Sanderson plays the much tougher minutes. You were referring to 5 on 5 away minutes, which is very specific.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He's got a long way to go.

Still, Canada is uncharacteristically weak on D and in net.
Sure. Just saying if he keeps playing hard and the points keep piling up, he will get their attention.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No I was talking about in general , home and away, Sanderson plays the much tougher minutes. You were referring to 5 on 5 away minutes, which is very specific.
No what I said initially was.
That can be true at home, not as much on the road.
And yes away is 50% of the time,

Then you brought up PK, and now 5 on 5 in “general”, I never said 5 on 5 away. The only time 5 on 5 was mentioned, was I was trying to guess what you were thinking, as I mentioned earlier, Never said 4 on 4 either, as another possible option, just home vs away.

Do you have any supporting links for away, if there’s a whistle, and a face off, the opposing coach is going to choose his deployment,

Everyone is aware, at home Sandy gets the tougher matchups, all I was suggesting was the team has way less control on the road, nothing more, and the opposing coach will try and get he best matchup to favour his team, when he can.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Chabot most important person off the ice? Not a chance. It's Brady, Giroux, Timmy and soon to be Sandy.
Lol what are you talking about. Chabot is the one who hosts all their parties, gets guys together off the ice…

Did you mean on ice? Or are you talking about a completely different thing? Because there is no chance in hell Timmy and Jake are more important to the group.

Reactions: Xspyrit

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Lol what are you talking about. Chabot is the one who hosts all their parties, gets guys together off the ice…

Did you mean on ice? Or are you talking about a completely different thing? Because there is no chance in hell Timmy and Jake are more important to the group.
I took it as important to the franchise out in the market and in the NHL as a whole. For example giving the team exposure and increasing its profile. If Chabot is the king of the frat parties, more power to him.

• Haha
Reactions: Puikiou

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Lol rebuttal to what? You didnt make any real point. All youve shown is that you dont really understand what I’m referring to. Enjoy your beer while you look down your nose at the frat boys :laugh:
Well I'm happy to hear that Chgabot throws all the parties for the team and because of that they have great chemistry. Problem is that it is hasn't helped the on ice performance.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Playing better under Martin but still needs to crank up the intensity.

Chabby also takes WAY too long to T up his shots. It’s embarrassing how bad he is at it.

And for gawd sakes get this man a new curve or stick lie because I haven’t seen less accurate shots from the point since Dion was here :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad