Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Drai playing with broken ribs is ridiculous, and certainly makes sense as to why is shot seemed off.

My experience with broken ribs is literally feeling like I couldn't breath without shooting pain.

Also explains his poor hitting technique in game 2. Honestly what a warrior for even making that hit at all. Jesus Christ.
Yeah it sucks that two out four teams on this run took upon themselves to try and injure our stars instead of playing hockey. Hitting to hurt is one thing intending to injure is something else completely. Both LA and Vancouver employed the latter technique

Reactions: TB12

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Minor history nerd correction here: the completed comeback was 1942 so Salvaged Ship is right, the 1945 one was the failed comeback (which was the newspaper front page that kept getting posted…so a jinx?)
Ah, thanks, my mistake. Always happy to be corrected about history.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Drai playing with broken ribs is ridiculous, and certainly makes sense as to why is shot seemed off.

My experience with broken ribs is literally feeling like I couldn't breath without shooting pain.

Also explains his poor hitting technique in game 2. Honestly what a warrior for even making that hit at all. Jesus Christ.
Playing with broken ribs is admirable, but sometimes I wonder if these players ever stop and ask themselves if the team would be better off if they sat one or two. Drai has tons of talent, but if he'd sat in favor of some hungry kid with fresh legs maybe things turn out different. Just look at the Preds run to the Final, they had like 9 AHLers in their lineup and it worked (for awhile at least) because everyone was young, healthy and SUPER MOTIVATED - getting their first NHL action, in the playoffs and playing to earn a permanent slot. Brining in a couple guys like that that and giving more ice time to Connor Brown/M. Janmark can really change the energy on the ice. Granted its a risky gambit if the kids have low hockey IQ.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I actually thought that his own father was expecting Mcdavid to come out. The broadcast showed him having his camera phone out and ready. He probably should have come out but it's not a huge deal to me. I think his dad raised him differently though so it's a little surprising.
What do you mean by this?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I actually thought that his own father was expecting Mcdavid to come out. The broadcast showed him having his camera phone out and ready. He probably should have come out but it's not a huge deal to me. I think his dad raised him differently though so it's a little surprising.
I got no issue with it. It shows Connors unwavering goal for the real prize. That’s what a great team leader does. He doesn’t care about the individual acollades, he only cares about a Cup back to Edmonton.

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

NotASheep

Feb 23, 2019
I hate Steve Dangle more today than ever before. Completely shits all over the oilers and says "no will remember what they did in a few years time"

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Ah, thanks, my mistake. Always happy to be corrected about history.

To be fair it was a bit weird that the Tweet that kept circling around was referring to the last time a team came back 3-0 to force a game 7 in the finals (1945). It was the time that comeback team lost. So kind of bad mojo considering the “underdog”hype would have been for the team that won in 1942 instead

Reactions: TB12

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Playing with broken ribs is admirable, but sometimes I wonder if these players ever stop and ask themselves if the team would be better off if they sat one or two. Drai has tons of talent, but if he'd sat in favor of some hungry kid with fresh legs maybe things turn out different. Just look at the Preds run to the Final, they had like 9 AHLers in their lineup and it worked (for awhile at least) because everyone was young, healthy and SUPER MOTIVATED - getting their first NHL action, in the playoffs and playing to earn a permanent slot. Brining in a couple guys like that that and giving more ice time to Connor Brown/M. Janmark can really change the energy on the ice. Granted its a risky gambit if the kids have low hockey IQ.
One or two would not have helped the broken ribs though. If it was a sprained wrist or something ok but broken ribs are not healing sitting one or two games ever. Leon is too much of a warrior to shut it down that close to the chance to sip from Stanley. I know it sucks but it was really our best chance to leave him on the lineup

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
There is today
Let's be honest. You guys get to do this all over again next playoffs: the anxious night after night watching the Oilers creep ever closer to the cup, while the Flames continue to swirl toward the drain of its own decade of darkness, made worse by the fact that it was Edmonton who flushed the handle in 2022. Enjoy the shit down there.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For those still wondering why McDavid didn’t come back out for a photo with the Conn Smythe last night, here is Luka Modric accepting the “player of the match” award after Croatia dropped a 1-0 lead in the last minute to draw and be eliminated in the Euros

86518403-0-image-a-18_1719267233871.jpg

Brutal. f*** the fans (especially the casual neutrals and Panthers fans) whining about him not coming back out
Read what basically every single player who has played the game says about what Connor did. He did exactly as you expect a great captain to do, he waiting on the ice till all of his teammates left the ice, gave them each a pat, and then left the ice to leave the celebrations to the winning team. It would have been a complete dick move to come back onto the ice to accept what at the time was really a meaningless trophy (of course it isn't and in time he will take pride in it), and take away the joy of the Panthers celebration for their team and fans. The fans would have booed his ass off if if came back on the ice and complained about it. He knew that the moment was the Panthers, and not his own. Pure class.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I hate Steve Dangle more today than ever before. Completely shits all over the oilers and says "no will remember what they did in a few years time"
I get the hate but he really is correct. The oilers taught back from 3-1 in 06 and most of the hockey world besides oilers fans forgot in just a few short years. Like Leon said it’s a hell of a run but if you don’t finish it nobody gives a shit

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Does management usually talk the day after the finals? or is that 2-3 days.

Eager for some info on injuries that aren't random twitter accounts and other general team info.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
All these Oilers haters who had to grit and grind their teeth to smile through an Oilers Cup run will now be pulling complete 180s to show their true colors again. f*** Dangle. Been saying it since the very beginning, he is the enemy and anyone that gives him views should realize they are supporting an Oilers hater.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Ok I have had all night and half the day to process the loss. Two things to take from this run.

One the team has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. 10 days ago everyone including myself had them pegged for a dead.They fought back hard and accomplished something that was practically impossible. To make it a one game series after falling behind 3-0 is nothing short of extraordinary.

Two I believe KK panicked too early stacking the lines. The Henrique Brown Janmark line barely saw the ice after the panthers went up by a goal. I get that you want to give the two players on the world a chance to get it back but I think it burned them out too early. Should have waited until the 15 min mark of the 3rd to do that. Rumor has it Connor needs surgery for something abdominal this wouldn’t surprise me as his shot was off all year. Drai with broken ribs from the Canucks series taking five crosschecks is just absurd and proves the league does sweet f all to protect its players. I’m hoping we are back in this spot next year but it’s going to be tough especially if Connor misses part of the season. All in all it was a hell of a run and I’m damn proud of this team. GO OILERS GO NOW AND FOREVER
Unless Henrique was continuing to struggle with injury why wouldn't he be getting more than 11mins in this game? Last few games was one of our better players and clearly feeling it. KK kind of lost sight of some things. Also Ryan was just awful this playoffs outside of pk. At EV Ryan was essentially Ceci/Nurse level bad. No blame, he's too old. On the whole Connor Brown total playoffs don't impress me much. Two goals all playoffs, 5 all season. For this we have to see him here another year. Perry can just get lost. Thanks I guess for donning our jersey and being nothing but a stationary pylon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad