Post-Game Talk: This is the end

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Was this season a success?

• Total voters

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I get the hate but he really is correct. The oilers taught back from 3-1 in 06 and most of the hockey world besides oilers fans forgot in just a few short years. Like Leon said it’s a hell of a run but if you don’t finish it nobody gives a shit

The ironic part is that most fans, outside of the few diehard Panthers ones (and probably Tampa ones that are annoyed they can’t hold Cup wins over their rival as much anymore) will forget about the Panthers winning. Not a memorable team or club in general. It will be like the Canes Cup win, unfortunately also associated with an Oilers finals loss.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I get the hate but he really is correct. The oilers taught back from 3-1 in 06 and most of the hockey world besides oilers fans forgot in just a few short years. Like Leon said it’s a hell of a run but if you don’t finish it nobody gives a shit
Yeah I’ve been saying this for years. Nobody remembers the runner up. Most hockey fans couldn’t tell you the last 5 champs in order..

It’s not a big deal, forget this and move on. Oilers still have a good team and should get a few more shots. Good teams make it back to the finals despite what some people have been saying today.

Reactions: iCanada

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Unless Henrique was continuing to struggle with injury why wouldn't he be getting more than 11mins in this game? Last few games was one of our better players and clearly feeling it. KK kind of lost sight of some things. Also Ryan was just awful this playoffs outside of pk. At EV Ryan was essentially Ceci/Nurse level bad. No blame, he's too old. On the whole Connor Brown total playoffs don't impress me much. Two goals all playoffs, 5 all season. For this we have to see him here another year. Perry can just get lost. Thanks I guess for donning our jersey and being nothing but a stationary pylon.
I could see Ryan being waived?

Perry to me is an absolute “no”

He’s been a beast over the years but the time has come. Eventually all horses are taken out behind the shed….

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I just feel so bad for the guys. McDavid and Draisaitl are just targets and the league does nothing but say "it's playoff hockey" while Tkachuk and Bennett flop around and are labeled champions.

Best sport but the worst league in the world.
Not only do they dive they actually fake injuries. 3 times in this series. f*** the Panthers. They won’t be back.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I just feel so bad for the guys. McDavid and Draisaitl are just targets and the league does nothing but say "it's playoff hockey" while Tkachuk and Bennett flop around and are labeled champions.

Best sport but the worst league in the world.
I feel so bad for the tons of fans that have never seen a SC win and put tons of money down on this ride. The rich players will be fine. Some of the fans and their mortgages and credit rating won't be. That would be the worst hangover after this.

For some fans just this playoff run and going on road as well, I wonder if thats costing them say 60K. Thats a big chunk of coin where I come from.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Rumors have it that Both McDavid and Drai were hurt in the Vancouver series. Anyone know if this is true? Drai w/ broken rib is the rumor

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I feel so bad for the tons of fans that have never seen a SC win and put tons of money down on this ride. The rich players will be fine. Some of the fans and their mortgages and credit rating won't be. That would be the worst hangover after this.

For some fans just this playoff run and going on road as well, I wonder if thats costing them say 60K. Thats a big chunk of coin where I come from.

I never watch the pregame coverage but my parents had it on yesterday. Some guy was talking about how he sold his dirt bike for $2K to get tickets to game 3 this series (oops!). Brutal. Wouldn’t even scratch the surface of what some sacrificed to watch the games live. It’s their prerogative but with 25% of Canadians living in poverty (and even more just above that living paycheque to paycheque), the margins are razor thin.

Reactions: TB12

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This is what you come up with.. holy s***
I didn’t come up with anything because there’s nothing to say to your dog shit explanation.

Not wanting to come out crying to a bunch of boos to get a trophy you don’t even want isn’t comparable to not wanting to play for the team that drafts you. I don’t think his dad blamed him for not doing that for one second. You are pretty clearly suggesting it’s some character issue that his dad taught different. Which is a flat out joke.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can guarantee that if McDavid left Edmonton and won a cup on another team against the Flames a lot of your fan base would do the same thing. But go ahead and pretend you wouldn't ;)
Who knows. The Flames won't be anywhere near a Cup courtesy of McDavid and Draisaitl in the next 10 years. So lets not waste any time on this impossible fantasy.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I can guarantee that if McDavid left Edmonton and won a cup on another team against the Flames a lot of your fan base would do the same thing. But go ahead and pretend you wouldn't ;)

That depends, does McDavid demand the trade and set back the team for years like beloved Chucky did?

I’m happy that the Flames diehards got a Sophie’s Choice to cheer for in the Finals. Either way, no matter who won, your team and fanbase were the cucks

Reactions: TB12

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

I feel like the people financially stable are the ones taking time to travel and watch the Oilers. If you are spending all your money on the Oilers and cannot pay for bills, that's on you.

Reactions: harpoon and Ibanez

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Rumors have it that Both McDavid and Drai were hurt in the Vancouver series. Anyone know if this is true? Drai w/ broken rib is the rumor

McDavid was hurt in October and played through it the entire year

Draisaitl was banged up from a Myers cross check in game 1 of the Vancouver series, i remember the camera cutting to him and a trainer on the bench and he was saying "my back"

Im guessing thats the rib injury, after that he was put on McDavids wing for a few games. His finger injury looked like it was game 7 blocking a Garland shot with his glove, he appeared with his finger on a splint after that throughout the Dallas series

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I never watch the pregame coverage but my parents had it on yesterday. Some guy was talking about how he sold his dirt bike for $2K to get tickets to game 3 this series (oops!). Brutal. Wouldn’t even scratch the surface of what some sacrificed to watch the games live. It’s their prerogative but with 25% of Canadians living in poverty (and even more just above that living paycheque to paycheque), the margins are razor thin.
No end of families you see that don't even have groceries because dad is off chasing STH tickets and high priced entertainment and gambling and shit. People can counter anybody can do what they want with their money but most people being family men, and with kids, who at these prices are rarely being brought to games here. Thats a shame too, that in Canada NHL hockey is off the map as far as Dad bringing son thing. At least for playoffs anyway. Its one of many reasons hockey is dying in this country. To both play and watch premium hockey is just out of the question for most folk.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I didn’t come up with anything because there’s nothing to say to your dog shit explanation.

Not wanting to come out crying to a bunch of boos to get a trophy you don’t even want isn’t comparable. I don’t think his dad blamed him for not doing that either. You are pretty clearly suggesting it’s some character issue that his dad taught different. Which is a flat out joke.
At least you explained yourself with this comment. Not your initial childish 5 word response I don't give a damn if he went out and recieved the trophy but his father taught him that at times you have to do things whether you like to or not.
Calling it dogshit and a joke shows you have a mentality of a septic tank.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Being in the minority on this subject is a compliment, so thank you
I don't know how this excuses them eating their whistles when you have two huge moments with players being hooked right in front of the net. If Hymans stick isn't hooked with a wide open net the game goes to ot they just decided to ignore it cause it wasn't a high sticking penalty.

Reactions: onetweasy

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Unless Henrique was continuing to struggle with injury why wouldn't he be getting more than 11mins in this game? Last few games was one of our better players and clearly feeling it. KK kind of lost sight of some things. Also Ryan was just awful this playoffs outside of pk. At EV Ryan was essentially Ceci/Nurse level bad. No blame, he's too old. On the whole Connor Brown total playoffs don't impress me much. Two goals all playoffs, 5 all season. For this we have to see him here another year. Perry can just get lost. Thanks I guess for donning our jersey and being nothing but a stationary pylon.
I also have to wonder if it was Connor and Leon calling the shots on that one as well. I mean they are the leaders and it would only make sense for them to want to be out as much as possible in a game 7. Another what if scenario to add to the pile since 1990 I guess. What if MCDrai made it all the way healthy

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I hate Steve Dangle more today than ever before. Completely shits all over the oilers and says "no will remember what they did in a few years time"
Dangle is great for background news and east coast stuff, I've been casually listening to thier podcast for a few years, however they are comically wrong and routinely get facts wrong about anything west of Chicago. Their takes on the Oilers have been hilariously off course since I've been listening. I really wouldn't let what Dangle says ruffle any feathers. His only skill is being loud

Reactions: Ibanez

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Case in point: everyone talking about how the 1942 Maple Leafs were - and still are - the only team in NHL history to come back from 0-3 in the final to win the Cup.

The 1945 Red Wings came back from 0-3 down in the Cup final against those same Leafs, but lost game 7. Nobody was talking about them this week.

Or here's another one; everyone remembers the 1975 Islanders who pulled the reverse sweep on the Penguins. Those very same 1975 Islanders almost did it again the very next round but lost to the Flyers in game 7. I didn't even know that, or maybe I did but I forgot it.

History remembers the winners, not the losers. The shorthand form of 2024 will be, Panthers won the Cup over the Oilers in 7. The 3-0 will be a footnote.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
So apparently Ratf*** gave a shout out to his fans in Calgary after the game “you know I wouldn’t let Edmonton win” or some shit? I hope someone takes off his head next season. Piece of shit got carried to a Cup. He had a handful of decent games the entire run. Overrated trash tarnishing the Cup with his name

Two years of garbage like him, Bennett, Stone and Pieceofshitangelo (yeah I know his name was on before) getting a Cup makes my nausea for this league deepen
He couldn't give 2 shits about that city; we beat them to a pulp and he ran away crying! f*** him indeed!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad