Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tortorella and Sullivan are old friends. Sullivan was an AC with Tortorella in Vancouver. They also coached together in tournament situations like this year's Four nations Cup.
I called this a year ago.

If the Penguins implode and decide to rebuild, look for Sullivan to be fired, become a "senior advisor" with the Flyers and replace Torts down the road.

Perfect situation for Sullivan, young up coming team that's been coached to a similar style to what he employs.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I wondered how long he would last when Dubas got the job in Pitt. My first thought was that he would can Sullivan and bring in Keefe. However now he's in NJ so Dubas will have to find someone else.
So far Sullivan has kept himself on the right sider of the vets who really run the club. Then there is the contract that Sullivan has with the Penguins. He was a given an extension by Hextall through '26'27 at $5.5M per.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Force what hand?
Torts has another year after this season.
Jones and Briere are very happy with him.
There is no "players' revolt," they've grown accustomed to him and the malcontents are history.

Torts will coach as long as he wants, but I think at some point he'll call it quits and retire to the farm.
At that point he might be an advisor, but I don't think he's interested in the FO at this point in his life.
Torts has said several times he will not go into his last season as a lame duck coach like he did in Columbus.

So, he gets an ext, he retires, or he coaches his last year despite him saying he won't.

so, if they dont want to give him an ext then what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad