Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
More of the same with Sullivan. He has not been so good at playing the youth in Pittsburgh. Not that there is a lot there, but he is like most older coaches and goes with the veterans who are low risk and low reward in the bottom six. Although he is not big on fighters so Nick D would be gone.

Pittsburgh is in a weird place right now so I think it's hard to judge. When he came up from the AHL he had no trouble using youth, and since he knew their strengths in detail already he used them to great effect.

That won't be the case here, though. So if he does use them, he won't know them as well. And maybe that knowledge and trust was necessary for him to rely on them!

What I do know is that we can't trust any hire the team makes. If a coach is saying things that these people like, that's ominous.

Reactions: Solution

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Pittsburgh is in a weird place right now so I think it's hard to judge. When he came up from the AHL he had no trouble using youth, and since he knew their strengths in detail already he used them to great effect.

That won't be the case here, though. So if he does use them, he won't know them as well. And maybe that knowledge and trust was necessary for him to rely on them!

What I do know is that we can't trust any hire the team makes. If a coach is saying things that these people like, that's ominous.
That is fair. And the lack of young talent coming up the ranks is a factor, but Sullivan has shown a tendency to miscast players. He is a Torts protege so him signing there would be feasible. Just not sure the ownership group in Pittsburgh is ready to move on from him.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Imagine if Crosby decides he wants to move on. Then I believe the other 2 follow. They could rebuild somewhat quickly with all the assets they would acquire in said trades. Big if mind you.

Be funny to see that happen and end up in better shape than the Flyers.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Imagine if Crosby decides he wants to move on. Then I believe the other 2 follow. They could rebuild somewhat quickly with all the assets they would acquire in said trades. Big if mind you.

Be funny to see that happen and end up in better shape than the Flyers.
Big contracts for over-30 players limits how much you get back in return.
A Penguin rebuild would be a long term deal, close to a decade. Not much in the cupboard.

does Sullivan like Torts ? cuz he will be his boss
Sullivan is Tort's protege.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
so..23 ...played not even a full season of pro hockey..dicked around by the coach and you are basically ready to give up on him...and you wonder why people argue with you
I said he has a couple seasons to prove himself.
And he wasn't "dicked around" last season, he simply didn't play well.

He's starting this season on the 3rd line and the PP, it's up to him to take advantage of the opportunity and force Torts to give him more PT by producing on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad