Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 3 - Flyers Rumors and Media Mentions: Never Ending Circles

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
For your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1723298771536.jpg
    FB_IMG_1723298771536.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Can't wait for him to not do anything other than make the team lose more. The more he plays, the less better players are on the ice. Simple math really.

How long until he's on the top pairing with Michkov? Or in the case of how brain dead Torts is, Michkov on the 4th line?

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Can't wait for him to not do anything other than make the team lose more. The more he plays, the less better players are on the ice. Simple math really.

How long until he's on the top pairing with Michkov? Or in the case of how brain dead Torts is, Michkov on the 4th line?
Everytime I see someone say we need Nicky Fists out there to protect the rest of the Flyers:

1000007388.jpg

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014

Briere's own words

But why the random picture of Giroux's old locker? Voracek is to the left, and is that Chris VandeVelde's name to the right? Just... a mess. So this is blatantly a misrepresentation.

I didn't see anything of Briere's own words in that article other than paraphrasing something Briere jokingly (as I interpret it) said about Deslaurier being Michkov's best friend on the ice. I'm pretty sure we can all see through that, as the two will never be on the same ice surface except in practice. That cliche has been tossed around for decades - about older tough veteran guys and protecting the new and young skill kid who is apparently always completely helpless in a new league. So what? We know it's not true in 2024.

Deslaurier will very likely play less this year compared to last. While I think anything over 0 games is a mistake, this article is nothing but simping for Deslaurier. I didn't see an author to the article, which tells me it was likely written by prompts. It reads like a bot wrote it. ESPN-garbage level writing (inputting).

Reactions: BernieParent

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
T-H-I-S :nod:

"Deslauriers’ impact extends beyond the scoreboard; his presence provides a psychological boost to his teammates, a factor Briere emphasized, reflecting on his experiences as a former player. The general manager highlighted the security Deslauriers offers on the ice—ensuring that his teammates can play without fear of being physically dominated."

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
But why the random picture of Giroux's old locker? Voracek is to the left, and is that Chris VandeVelde's name to the right? Just... a mess. So this is blatantly a misrepresentation.

I didn't see anything of Briere's own words in that article other than paraphrasing something Briere jokingly (as I interpret it) said about Deslaurier being Michkov's best friend on the ice. I'm pretty sure we can all see through that, as the two will never be on the same ice surface except in practice. That cliche has been tossed around for decades - about older tough veteran guys and protecting the new and young skill kid who is apparently always completely helpless in a new league. So what? We know it's not true in 2024.

Deslaurier will very likely play less this year compared to last. While I think anything over 0 games is a mistake, this article is nothing but simping for Deslaurier. I didn't see an author to the article, which tells me it was likely written by prompts. It reads like a bot wrote it. ESPN-garbage level writing (inputting).
Something to this affect is said year over year about all the useless players the Flyers acquire, and it has never proven to be true. Deslaurier contributes nothing of value while on the ice. If the players need a cheerleader or morale booster then let Nicky Fists be an Ice Girl/Boy

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

"Deslauriers’ impact extends beyond the scoreboard; his presence provides a psychological boost to his teammates, a factor Briere emphasized, reflecting on his experiences as a former player. The general manager highlighted the security Deslauriers offers on the ice—ensuring that his teammates can play without fear of being physically dominated."

Why did the team do worse with him on the ice?

How come our players still got run the same as before?

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Nothing to do with Deslauries.

The Flyers have always been a brand that favours fighting, and the tough guy role.

The country club wants to ensure the Flyers, stay the Flyers. It’s not changing ever (sadly).

If only the Jets weren’t so stagnant.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Ry76Owt.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Beef, why do the explanations of his necessity sound like the monologue at the end of a Twilight Zone episode?

main-qimg-a3d24e5386e4ea6630bbd1f81ba4ba4e

”Nicolas Deslauriers, age thirty-three, 4th line enforcer. Unsuccessful in most things but not in the one effort that the forebears of hockey once coveted: protection. A best friend to those too soft and skilled to fight their own battles. But the word that Mr. Deslauriers is unable to put into the frozen, still air is 'doomed,' because enforcers have been handed a death sentence. Mr. Deslauriers is the last of his ilk. He must fight one last time before he is some wisp of memory not too important really, some pugilistic ghost that is a part of….the Flyers Skate Zone."

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Briere's own words
That's basic internet hype, Briere never said Deslauriers will play a bigger role.
A better bet is to look at the second half of last season when they were fighting for a playoff spot:
Last 41g:
21 games, 6:52 a night, CF 50.36%, xGF 51.36%, HDCF 42.50%
compare to
Lycksell 17g 10:10
Brink 21g 12:54

Deslauriers will be the 13th forward, he'll probably dress mostly for road games against physical opponents like the Rangers and Islanders. That is, if he's not moved (NMC expired).

Eklind (6'4 220) and Abols (6'4 205) are big boys to go with Hathaway (6'3 207), Foerster (6'2 210?), Tippett (6'1 209), Poehling (6'2 196), Couts (6'4 212). It's not like they're fielding a team of smurfs.

Farabee - Couts - Michkov
Tippett - Frost - TK
Cates - Laughton - Foerster
Lycksell/Eklind/Abols - Poehling - Hathaway
Deslauriers, Brink

Ideally they can upgrade Laughton at 3C (rather keep Cates at LW).

Last edited:

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
That's basic internet hype, Briere never said Deslauriers will play a bigger role.
A better bet is to look at the second half of last season when they were fighting for a playoff spot:
Last 41g:
21 games, 6:52 a night, CF 50.36%, xGF 51.36%, HDCF 42.50%
compare to
Lycksell 17g 10:10
Brink 21g 12:54

Deslauriers will be the 13th forward, he'll probably dress mostly for road games against physical opponents like the Rangers and Islanders. That is, if he's not moved (NMC expired).

Eklind (6'4 220) and Abols (6'4 205) are big boys to go with Hathaway (6'3 207), Foerster (6'2 210?).

Farabee - Couts - Michkov
Tippett - Frost - TK
Cates - Laughton - Foerster
Lycksell/Eklind/Abols - Poehling - Hathaway
Deslauriers, Brink

Ideally they can upgrade Laughton at 3C (rather keep Cates at LW).
Yu crack me up. 13th forward on a shit Flyers team yet another team will trade for him. Makes sense.
Excluding injuries' the bold have a .001% chance t make the team. In fact probably not even i the equation.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

"Psychological boosts", is that what you call Trouba lighting up Hathway? Thank god Garnet could play without fear of being physically dominated.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yu crack me up. 13th forward on a shit Flyers team yet another team will trade for him. Makes sense.
Excluding injuries' the bold have a .001% chance t make the team. In fact probably not even i the equation.
All it takes is one dinosaur who covets Deslauriers.

Maybe the Blackhawks want to "protect" Bedard. They're going to suck for a couple more years, so Deslauriers might have value if they think their prospects need an enforcer.

• Haha
Reactions: bennysflyers16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad